Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

The Thriller

Proud boys beating up BLM protesters in Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet Archie will post a lot of videos criticizing proud boys. After all, he’s not alt right and just wants to get to the truth.

The Thriller

You won’t see this on any doctored Facebook video.

Washington (CNN)A whistleblower is alleging that top political appointees in the Department of Homeland Security repeatedly instructed career officials to modify intelligence assessments to ensure they matched up with misleading public comments from President Donald Trump

Specifically, acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf and Acting Director of US Citizenship and Immigration Ken Cuccinelli, both Trump appointees, directed officials to change intelligence assessments based on Trump's political rhetoric, an order the whistleblower says amounted to an abuse of authority, according to the documents.

Both Wolf and Cuccinelli also tried to alter a report to downplay the threat posed by White supremacists and instead emphasize the role of leftist groups due to concerns about how the initial language would reflect on the President, according to a source familiar with the claims raised by the whistleblower

Scat

Disgusting.
From Portland to Salem to Clackamas. When is Oregon gonna stop this nonsense?

For you sensitive dudes, I have no idea who Sergio is. I shared the tweet because it has video of what was referenced in BP's post.

I fully expect someone to go out of their way to find out who he is and get mad.
You're an alt-right hack.

The Thriller

the police don’t seem very good at this de-escalation thing. And they wonder why communities don’t trust them???

This situation could've easily escalated into yet another brutal murder of a POC.

And this is exactly why so many POC are in prison today. Cops ask inappropriate questions and conduct inappropriate searches. If he had a few ounces of weed in his car he could be looking at years in prison and a felony. That would disqualify him from government benefits after prison, saddle him with debt, and make it almost impossible to go to school or get a decent job.

Our system needs sooooo much reform.

Last edited:

Red

Here is the full study, from the Watson Institute at Brown University:

Beer

the police don’t seem very good at this de-escalation thing. And they wonder why communities don’t trust them???

This situation could've easily escalated into yet another brutal murder of a POC.

And this is exactly why so many POC are in prison today. Cops ask inappropriate questions and conduct inappropriate searches. If he had a few ounces of weed in his car he could be looking at years in prison and a felony. That would disqualify him from government benefits after prison, saddle him with debt, and make it almost impossible to go to school or get a decent job.

Our system needs sooooo much reform.
IDK, both sides are being so childish. I watched a video yesterday about the cops yanking a 20 ish year old girl out of her car and arresting her for no reason and she allegedly didn't get out because she was handicapped and needed a wheelchair.

Then I find the FULL video and that's not even close to the truth. The cop was extremely patient, she was breaking the law, being combative, and he gave her 20 chances to comply with his reasonable demands. Then he pulls her out and arrests her, and she walks just fine.

Here is the full video if you are interested.

So basically you can't trust either side imo.

Last edited:

LogGrad98

Contributor
IDK, both sides are being so childish. I watched a video yesterday about the cops yanking a 20 ish year old girl out of her car and arresting her for no reason and she allegedly didn't get out because she was handicapped and needed a wheelchair.

Then I find the FULL video and that's not even close to the truth. The cop was extremely patient, she was breaking the law, being combative, and he gave her 20 chances to comply with his reasonable demands. Then he pulls her out and arrests her, and she walks just fine.

Remember, never comply is the rallying cry.

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner

We are getting the same cameras at work and have been using similar for years, they are very useful for supporting our statements and incident reports and as teaching tools. The vast majority of people will never see or deal with the **** i do in a standard week, which is a good thing but makes it hard to translate my everyday experience of work to outsiders.

Beer

Sadly this is probably true.
Based on the facts as they were laid out I would have found it hard to charge the cops either. I'm actually surprised they even charged the 1 guy. At least at minimum this will spark a change on how cops serve warrants and eliminate no knocks, although they apparently knocked this time. This just seemed like a long series of screw ups and unfortunate events.

Beer

There was a banging on the door. If that was knocking, they did not respond to someone yelling "Who is it?" inside the apartment. They just kept banging until the door broke down.
I haven't heard that account. Just that they "knocked" but yes, I'm sure it wasn't a cordial "May I come in please?" knock. But they technically didn't have to knock or announce their presence, which is idiotic imo. But they high level is they legally went to a house with a warrant, they were then shot at, they then shot back. Then an innocent woman was killed.

It just sucks and was very likely completely avoidable if certain stupid but legal practices weren't allowed in the first place.