What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

sure, every colonial country has massive issues and stains regarding it's treatment of the indigenous inhabitants.

But if you think there's political issues regarding bushfires lol The majority of our continent is dry useless land and we have these things called eucalyptus trees that are highly flammable. Frequent droughts combined with hot dry weather lead to these types of fires, which aren't new. We could actually do well to learn from our Indigenous people in terms of regular systematic burnings rather than listen to green advocates who zealously limit such fuel management steps.
You just loled at the idea that there’s politics (or history) behind bushfires.... and then proceeded to explain one.

You just loled at the idea that there’s politics (or history) behind bushfires.... and then proceeded to explain one.

noooo your assertion that it's a colonial / consumerism based. These fires have always happened and always will

The Indigenous issue on the other hand is just as much of a mess as other such colonial situations. Like your own Indigenous people in addition to the slavery roots.

It is true that your country is absolutely the laughing stock of the rest of the world for so many reasons atm. And you're going to be lead for the next four years by either a megalomaniac who spray paints his face orange or a dementia patient who can't string two sentences together.

Sooooo many guns and soooo many stupid people in one place.

Reactions: MVP
noooo your assertion that it's a colonial / consumerism based. These fires have always happened and always will

The Indigenous issue on the other hand is just as much of a mess as other such colonial situations. Like your own Indigenous people in addition to the slavery roots.

It is true that your country is absolutely the laughing stock of the rest of the world for so many reasons atm. And you're going to be lead for the next four years by either a megalomaniac who spray paints his face orange or a dementia patient who can't string two sentences together.

Sooooo many guns and soooo many stupid people in one place.
The recent bushfires in Australia were unlike anything in recorded history.

I invite you to laugh. And to laugh at yourself equally. Tia.

The recent bushfires in Australia were unlike anything in recorded history.

I invite you to laugh. And to laugh at yourself equally. Tia.

tell me about our black friday bushfires ... go The 1974-75 fires etc etc etc There have larger amounts of land burned than this year several times.

Go laugh at yourself.

Last edited:
tell me about our black friday bushfires ... go The 1974-75 fires etc etc etc There have larger amounts of land burned than this year several times.

Go laugh at yourself.
There are other metrics for the recent bushfires besides total acreage burned, bro.

shift those goalposts pal
The original goalposts were whether or not an Anglo-Australian should be laughing at the US without also laughing at themselves. The answer is obviously No.

I’ve been following you and your shifting, question-evading self.

But, yeah, those fires were the worst. Thanks.

It’s far from idiotic.

Corporations have been deploying a similar tactic for the entire subcontracting era: if you don’t like the culture-fit of a subcontractor, just remove them and shop for another. What are police if not one department in the total body of public services?

If corporations do it all the time, then it ain’t radical.

Well if cities can come up with a better solution to crime control than a police force, then go ahead and dismantle the police force at that point. But don't dismantle the police force and replace it with nothing. Right now the 4th most common cause of death for black males (of all ages) is homicide, and a very high percentage of those perpetrators (have to look up the exact figure) are other black males. Minority communities will suffer as much or more than others if cops are taken off the street.

Yes, police need to behave professionally--and clearly they haven't been, but one reason that black people are disproportionately the victims of police abuse is because a disproportionately high percentage of violent crime takes place in predominantly black neighborhoods. That's where a high percentage of police have been getting sent to investigate violent crime. It's a reality that needs to be factored into the conversation.

Well if cities can come up with a better solution to crime control than a police force, then go ahead and dismantle the police force at that point. But don't dismantle the police force and replace it with nothing. Right now the 4th most common cause of death for black males (of all ages) is homicide, and a very high percentage of those perpetrators (have to look up the exact figure) are other black males. Minority communities will suffer as much or more than others if cops are taken off the street.

Yes, police need to behave professionally--and clearly they haven't been, but one reason that black people are disproportionately the victims of police abuse is because a disproportionately high percentage of violent crime takes place in predominantly black neighborhoods. That's where a high percentage of police have been getting sent to investigate violent crime. It's a reality that needs to be factored into the conversation.
I stopped right there at the emboldened word. Maybe I’ll cool down in a minute and read the rest. Wtf is saying—with sincerity—that there wouldn’t be any replacements?? Jesus, dude, I wouldn’t have pegged you to fall into that trap

I stopped right there at the emboldened word. Maybe I’ll cool down in a minute and read the rest. Wtf is saying—with sincerity—that there wouldn’t be any replacements?? Jesus, dude, I wouldn’t have pegged you to fall into that trap

What are you proposing as a replacement for police on the streets in order to deter and intercede with crime? There are different theories for "defunding" the police. The more radical version being proposed in Minneapolis is to disband the police department outright. It's not clear what alternative is being proposed.

Sorry to hear you're hot under the collar.

What are you proposing as a replacement for police on the streets in order to deter and intercede with crime? There are different theories for "defunding" the police. The more radical version being proposed in Minneapolis is to disband the police department outright. It's not clear what alternative is being proposed.

Sorry to hear you're hot under the collar.
You read my corporate subcontracting analogy, right? I’m clearly not suggesting (nor is anyone else who is in favor of disbanding deeply flawed departments, as far as I can tell) that there be zero police.

You read my corporate subcontracting analogy, right? I’m clearly not suggesting (nor is anyone else who is in favor of disbanding deeply flawed departments, as far as I can tell) that there be zero police.

My mistake then. I conflated your view with the news I'd been seeing in Minneapolis.

BTW, this is recent footage taken in Minneapolis.

You clearly don’t know what advocates for “defunding the police” want. Turning off Fox News and am radio would do you wonders. This is a pretty good article to get started:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/08/us/what-does-defund-police-mean.html

This gives a perspective on policing from around the world:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...raint-how-police-tactics-differ-around-world/

This thread from today changed my view on policing. I mean, seriously, how is this system acceptable?

The tweet above explains how minor problems can lead to escalations. A contributing factor to America’s police force being the deadliest in the world. Again, you won’t get this perspective from the right wing sources you consume:

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/2020/06/05/policekillings/

Finally, John Oliver had a good interview the other night explaining how defunding would allocate resources to help communities grow and be safer and healthier:

You clearly don’t know what advocates for “defunding the police” want. Turning off Fox News and am radio would do you wonders. This is a pretty good article to get started:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/08/us/what-does-defund-police-mean.html

This gives a perspective on policing from around the world:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...raint-how-police-tactics-differ-around-world/

This thread from today changed my view on policing. I mean, seriously, how is this system acceptable?

The tweet above explains how minor problems can lead to escalations. A contributing factor to America’s police force being the deadliest in the world. Again, you won’t get this perspective from the right wing sources you consume:

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/2020/06/05/policekillings/

Finally, John Oliver had a good interview the other night explaining how defunding would allocate resources to help communities grow and be safer and healthier:

I don't watch Fox. I watched PBS.