What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

It definitely makes me cringe. It's repulsive and embarrassing and a list of other words I can think of. That said, wouldn't it be nice if the individuals responsible were blamed and not an entire group of people based off of skin color?

Like, I don't wanna be associated with assholes like that.

True. I should have qualified - you're a different type of *******, lol.

Very fine people!

I can proudly say I dunno thing one about NASCAR but I've come to learn that fans don't have access to the garage area in the infield. So this was either another driving team or someone that works for Talladega Racing.

Think of the environment this person works in where he can bring a noose to the stadium, hang it in the garage of another driver and get away with it. Then think of the probability of someone doing that, let alone getting away with doing that, at your job or place of business.

****ing ponderous.

BTW if you read the Twitter thread there are a ton of posts from fans saying this was an inside job or Wallace is pulling a Jussie Smullet. Tells you a lot about NASCAR.

Gotta think there's cameras everywhere around those garages. Also the fact that our phones are GPS tracking devices as well so any nimrod that strolled in their with their iPhone could be located.

I also drank my George Soros/Bill Gates instant breakfast mind-control shake this morning and will be buying a bunch of Surface Pros because they are the best machine ever made by the most handsome man alive in Bill Gates.

I can proudly say I dunno thing one about NASCAR but I've come to learn that fans don't have access to the garage area in the infield. So this was either another driving team or someone that works for Talladega Racing.

Think of the environment this person works in where he can bring a noose to the stadium, hang it in the garage of another driver and get away with it. Then think of the probability of someone doing that, let alone getting away with doing that, at your job or place of business.

****ing ponderous.

BTW if you read the Twitter thread there are a ton of posts from fans saying this was an inside job or Wallace is pulling a Jussie Smullet. Tells you a lot about NASCAR.

I was also thinking that given the money at stake, that there’s cameras all over. But I’m just speculating and since we’ve heard nothing of such, I suppose unlikely.

I was also thinking that given the money at stake, that there’s cameras all over. But I’m just speculating and since we’ve heard nothing of such, I suppose unlikely.

What do you mean we've heard nothing of such? I've read there are cameras everywhere and the security to the garages are insane. It's taking them a long time to review the cameras. Could be interesting what happens - especially if it was left by a big name NASCAR person.

I am a social worker her in SLC, and I work with meth heads who have been homeless for decades. One guy destroyed an apartment we placed him in because he couldn't leave fixtures or carpeting alone. Another guy did extensive damage to some large windows (privately owned) because he thought there were bunnies behind them that he needed to have sex with. But I don't think police are necessary for either of these types of situations.

The majority of people who get into hard drugs are self-medicating because they have experienced extensive trauma. They often need to be talked off the ledge by people who are not carrying weapons, and who are not in uniform. They need authentic belonging, and they rarely find it. Our society is not equipped to implement care that is trauma-informed. Our society is hopelessly in love with stereotypes, excessive force, and punishments. All three of these things further the trauma of our outcasts.

I have never been threatened or felt like I needed to call the cops when interacting with my clients. In 7 years, I have encountered one guy who I think was a predator who should not be in relationships with others. But I wouldn't put him in prison, either.

What do you mean we've heard nothing of such? I've read there are cameras everywhere and the security to the garages are insane. It's taking them a long time to review the cameras. Could be interesting what happens - especially if it was left by a big name NASCAR person.

I didn’t read articles on it. Good to know there are cameras.

Anyone else see this?

the responses to Mitchell’s post were unbelievable. So bad. Basically proving westbrook and others right.

glad JJ spoke out

Anyone else see this?

the responses to Mitchell’s post were unbelievable. So bad. Basically proving westbrook and others right.

glad JJ spoke out

Been listening to a few NBA podcasts as the re start nears. 1 thing that gets brought up every single time in every single podcast, is that Jazz fans are insane assholes. Death threats, racist stuff, etc .... where there is smoke there is fire. From Simmons to Russilo, to Matt Barnes, to Hollinger ..... every single one brings up the Jazz fans.

Been listening to a few NBA podcasts as the re start nears. 1 thing that gets brought up every single time in every single podcast, is that Jazz fans are insane assholes. Death threats, racist stuff, etc .... where there is smoke there is fire. From Simmons to Russilo, to Matt Barnes, to Hollinger ..... every single one brings up the Jazz fans.

Is anyone else asking yourself where all of these racist assholes are coming from? In my experience (obviously, take it for what it's worth) living in Utah, I can't think of hardly any people I'd say are openly or knowingly racist. I can think of a ton that are simple minded and ignorant/tone deaf of the issues at hand. Like, they honestly treat others and see others as the same, no matter the color and so they take issue with some of the narrative. That doesn't, imo, make them racist and call for condemnation or make Utah such a terrible place. It means Utahn's are ignorant to issues they're foreign to.

I think understanding and educating people from all walks of life goes way further with actually helping society than condemning others - unless it's coming from the extreme of extreme who can go **** themselves e.g. white supremacists/any hate group.

I hope what I'm saying makes sense cause I know someone is gonna be a virtue signaler and say I'm so dumb. Predictable.

Is anyone else asking yourself where all of these racist assholes are coming from? In my experience (obviously, take it for what it's worth) living in Utah, I can't think of hardly any people I'd say are openly or knowingly racist. I can think of a ton that are simple minded and ignorant/tone deaf of the issues at hand. Like, they honestly treat others and see others as the same, no matter the color and so they take issue with some of the narrative. That doesn't, imo, make them racist and call for condemnation or make Utah such a terrible place. It means Utahn's are ignorant to issues they're foreign to.

I think understanding and educating people from all walks of life goes way further with actually helping society than condemning others - unless it's coming from the extreme of extreme who can go **** themselves e.g. white supremacists/any hate group.

I hope what I'm saying makes sense cause I know someone is gonna be a virtue signaler and say I'm so dumb. Predictable.

IDK, but its not like OKC, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Portland, Phoenix etc .... are much different than SLC and none of them have the rep SLC has. So it's coming from somewhere. Or its possible people hold SLC to a different standard due to the religious aspect.

IDK, but its not like OKC, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Portland, Phoenix etc .... are much different than SLC and none of them have the rep SLC has. So it's coming from somewhere. Or its possible people hold SLC to a different standard due to the religious aspect.
It's coming because it's a lazy and easy narrative to use.