What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

This one is from a couple months ago.
Definitely not a justified shooting

And people, just put your hands behind your back when the cop tells you too. You might just get off work a warning or minor fine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Definitely not a justified shooting

And people, just put your hands behind your back when the cop tells you too. You might just get off work a warning or minor fine.

A few things.

1. Cops have to get in better shape. Jesus. How is a fat *** middle aged woman supposed to control any physical situation without shooting a gun? Seriously?
2. Cops need a lot more training in hand to hand combat. Like have to really learn it not take a 2 hour class a few times a year.
3. Why the F does the guy cop start yelling "Shoot him!" right off the bat? Maybe he meant mace him but gotta be a little more clear about what you want.
4. The tasers just lying on the ground? What happened there?

A few things.

1. Cops have to get in better shape. Jesus. How is a fat *** middle aged woman supposed to control any physical situation without shooting a gun? Seriously?
2. Cops need a lot more training in hand to hand combat. Like have to really learn it not take a 2 hour class a few times a year.
3. Why the F does the guy cop start yelling "Shoot him!" right off the bat? Maybe he meant mace him but gotta be a little more clear about what you want.
4. The tasers just lying on the ground? What happened there?

Good points. Should there be higher standards of strength and physical fitness for law enforcement? I think there are a lot of physical confrontations with perps that would be hard for most women to handle. This guy in the video looked pretty big.

Why waste money on training officers to fight, contain, and also be in shape when they have a multitude of ways to infer permissible homicide?

Let's just be honest. It is easier to shoot someone, and then fill out paper work that insists "I shot him to stop him", Etc.

Asking cops to be in shape, trained in martial arts, or otherwise up to the physical requirements of the job might be a sensible standard if we were actually talking about professionals trained to protect and serve the public. But our understanding and our beliefs about what a police force should be have always been mythic.

What they have always been, since the very beginning, is hired enforcement of the property rights of wealthy business owners. The legacy of both the nightwatchmen of the north and the slave patrols of the south that preceded modern police forces bear this truth out.

Meanwhile the far right people into the “boogaloo” movement, are into killing cops:

https://www.latimes.com/california/...o-killing-of-california-lawmen-other-violence

In the wake of the killing of two law enforcement officers in Northern California, more attention is being directed to the “boogaloo” movement, a far-right fringe group that has been tied to violence around the country.

On Tuesday, federal law enforcement officials announced they were charging Air Force Sgt. Steven Carrillo, 32, and suspected accomplice Robert A. Justus Jr., 30, in the May 29 shooting death of a federal security officer in Oakland.

Carrillo also faces state charges in the June 6 killing of a Santa Cruz sheriff’s deputy.

Brian Levin, executive director of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at Cal State San Bernardino, says boogaloo followers include ultra-libertarians and white supremacists, but they all share a belief that a second civil war is coming.

“They are 2nd Amendment insurrectionists,” Levin said. “The boogaloo boys believe in armed insurrection and include attacks on the police.”

I fear right wing terrorists far more than I fear antifa. Whether they be found in law enforcement or in the White House. They have no problem with killing innocents, bombing buildings, or gassing protesters. Right wing by terrorism is our country’s greatest threat. Right up there with Russia’s cyberwarfare and nukes.

Reactions: Red
The guy shouldn’t have been shot but meh, you’re not going to get any sympathy from me. Listen to an officer’s instructions. Don’t resist. It’s a very basic concept.

The guy shouldn’t have been shot but meh, you’re not going to get any sympathy from me. Listen to an officer’s instructions. Don’t resist. It’s a very basic concept.

So cops should be judge, jury, and executioner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fear right wing terrorists far more than I fear antifa. Whether they be found in law enforcement or in the White House. They have no problem with killing innocents, bombing buildings, or gassing protesters. Right wing by terrorism is our country’s greatest threat. Right up there with Russia’s cyberwarfare and nukes.

I hear ya. I'm not out there on the front lines of this social movement, but I just don't trust the narrative that has identified Antifa as the biggest boogeyman where extremist violence in the United States is concerned. Or leading the violence in the present protests, as Trump and Barr insists is the case. They are lying. I hate knowing people are falling for it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...-right-extremists-target-washington-dc-329771

The Trump administration is warning law enforcement and public safety officials that a far-right extremist movement known as “boogaloo” may be setting its sights on the nation’s capital....

Participants in the boogaloo movement generally identify as anarchist, pro-Second Amendment members of citizen-militias who are preparing for a second Civil War or American revolution, extremism experts say. Several boogaloo adherents have been charged in recent weeks for acts ranging from felony murder to terrorism, and police last month seized military-style assault rifles from so-called “boogaloo bois” in Denver....

The assessment is striking given the public emphasis President Donald Trump and Attorney General Bill Barr have placed on alleged violence carried out by adherents of the left-wing ideology antifa, while refusing to specifically identify and denounce the far-right groups like boogaloo that have been charged in recent weeks for acts ranging from felony murder to terrorism.....

“There is a clear link between far-right groups and gun culture that doesn't really exist in the culture of individuals who identify with the antifa movement,” Blazakis noted. “That’s a key distinguishing feature. There is a potential shared narrative between boogaloo and antifa, given the anti-government bent. But the way they project the threat is different.”

DHS alerts sent to law enforcement in recent weeks and obtained by Politico similarly make no mention of antifa--instead, they warn of threats posed by “militia extremists,” “white supremacists,” and “anarchist extremists,” which is how the right-wing boogaloo movement is characterized by extremism experts....

There is a very serious problem at the moment with police giving "instructions" that are not theirs to give. There is a lack of clarity as to what instructions a police officer might give, the correct way to follow those instructions and most importantly, what happens when those instructions are not followed.

I've talked about this issue for decades.

There need to be standard protocols. Ways for the public to understand the type of encounter they are engaged in when dealing with the police, that they are informed of in something like a civics class in HS. They need to know what actions are expected and legally required from them and what they should expect from law enforcement.

Likewise, the police need to then be held accountable to follow these protocols.

If either party deviates it makes it easier to understand who is at fault should a police encounter go awry.

There is a very serious problem at the moment with police giving "instructions" that are not theirs to give. There is a lack of clarity as to what instructions a police officer might give, the correct way to follow those instructions and most importantly, what happens when those instructions are not followed.

There need to be standard protocols. Ways for the public to understand the type of encounter they are engaged in when dealing with the police, that they are informed of in something like a civics class in HS. They need to know what actions are expected and legally required from them and what they should expect from law enforcement.

Likewise, the police need to then be held accountable to follow these protocols.

If either party deviates it makes it easier to understand who is at fault should a police encounter go awry.

That’s fair. But all I know is if a cop asks me to do something I’m gonna do it unless I know with 100% certainty, that legally speaking, I am within my rights to do otherwise. And even then, if the cop seems hot-headed, I might simply comply, realizing the dumbass might get an itchy trigger finger.

Great post
Especially about the high school class

Also, siding with guys who are resisting and in a few recent examples on meth is just...I don’t get it. I don’t think anyone has any idea what it’s like to be a cop. Talking about reform and protocols as if doing all of that is waving a magic wand that will fix a situation and work in every situation as if that’s how life works is silly.

Reminds me of idiots who preach academic methodology across the board that they’ve only applied in places like Princeton, NJ and think it should automatically work in urban districts. Sometimes, **** doesn’t work.

And ftr I am for hardcore reform. Hell, I feel like I’m the only person here who’s gone into detail about what can or should be done regarding it. This would help minimize such situations.

But yeah, methhead resists, superhuman strength scary as ****, inches from your weapon, bad **** might just happen.

That’s fair. But all I know is if a cop asks me to do something I’m gonna do it unless I know with 100% certainty, that legally speaking, I am within my rights to do otherwise. And even then, if the cop seems hot-headed, I might simply comply, realizing the dumbass might get an itchy trigger finger.
I would follow a police officers "orders" as well. The most I would ever do is say that I'm complying but not voluntarily. That would be the extent of any resistance I would offer.

But the penalty for resisting arrest is not execution. The police need to handle their **** better so they aren't so easily backed into the corner of "do what I tell you to or I'll kill you."

I would follow a police officers "orders" as well. The most I would ever do is say that I'm complying but not voluntarily. That would be the extent of any resistance I would offer.

But the penalty for resisting arrest is not execution. The police need to handle their **** better so they aren't so easily backed into the corner of "do what I tell you to or I'll kill you."

Okay and then what happens when a methhead doesn’t simply comply and gets physical, going after your weapon, you knowing, if they get ahold of your weapon, you and your partner might very well be dead, the adrenaline rushing like it’s never run, the poise quickly fading and fear taking over, wondering what to do because this is something you’ve never trained for and even if you had, that training was years ago and never put into practice?

Last edited:
Why waste money on training officers to fight, contain, and also be in shape when they have a multitude of ways to infer permissible homicide?

Let's just be honest. It is easier to shoot someone, and then fill out paper work that insists "I shot him to stop him", Etc.

Asking cops to be in shape, trained in martial arts, or otherwise up to the physical requirements of the job might be a sensible standard if we were actually talking about professionals trained to protect and serve the public. But our understanding and our beliefs about what a police force should be have always been mythic.

What they have always been, since the very beginning, is hired enforcement of the property rights of wealthy business owners. The legacy of both the nightwatchmen of the north and the slave patrols of the south that preceded modern police forces bear this truth out.

I want to disagree but I can't.

No, but a ******* should exhibit some common sense and comply.

Are you saying citizens should outright ignore cops and then resist when asked to obey?

No. I wouldn’t go to that extreme, the same as I wouldn’t say “that’s what you get!”

Blanket judgements and solutions speak to our lazy attitude to this issue. Asking kids, with little education, to apply high social skills to complex community and police work is a joke. If we keep making these issues an either/or argument, we’re still just focusing on the symptoms and not the disease.

How would you feel complying with authority that has been used to victimize people who lol like you over and over and over again? I don’t think you can even comprehend that.