What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

Too much credit is given to Ainge. The Mitchell trade was primarily Zanik. I suspect Zanik is doing a lot of the background day to day stuff, due diligence, etc., don’t see Ainge working the phones every day.

Really hoping this a precursor to something worthwhile. And I’m fine if we don’t do anything with the Lakers. The sheer entertainment value of watching Schroeder, Beverley, and Westbrook meltdown will be a gift that keeps on giving. I hate that all the free agents/veterans want to go the Lakers. I’m ok with not helping them out.

The greatest, most valued young talent on our team is our new coach. He likely turned down other opportunities for this one. I'd suspect that he had some input into the decision to obtain a shooting center. Just as it is important to develop our young talent, giving our coach at least the bare minimum to run his sets is pretty important. If he wants to base his offense off of shooting from the center spot, the trash we had there wasn't going to cut it.

You know this bold part can’t be true right?
I do not know that. I believe interest is down among lots of fans in going from a playoff team with two all stars to where we are now at. I have heard some of the sports talk folks discuss it from what they are hearing and have heard it from folks who run the accounts with season ticket holders. I am certainly not trying to make anything up. If you have different info would love to hear it. I am actually curious about why anyone would think it isnt true given where we were.

I do not know that. I believe interest is down among lots of fans in going from a playoff team with two all stars to where we are now at. I have heard some of the sports talk folks discuss it from what they are hearing and have heard it from folks who run the accounts with season ticket holders. I am certainly not trying to make anything up. If you have different info would love to hear it. I am actually curious about why anyone would think it isnt true given where we were.

You said "loyal" fans are saying this. You aren’t a loyal fan if you are saying stuff like that. It is for the betterment of the team and future of the team. Only casual fans would think otherwise.

We didn’t end up getting a 1st in the deal anyway. We are basically saying we wouldn’t trade Vando for a 1st.
If it was Bogey+Vando for Dario+Crowder and a pick I would take that over what we did. Flip Crowder for seconds... let Dario play some and flip him later if he has interest.

If it was Shamet instead its a little tougher to do.

I doubt Vando gets a pick by himself... and all we really did with the KO deal was save some money and get a vet center. The addition of KO is going to push Vando to the 4 more... with his limited shooting he should be playing 90% of his minutes at center.

The greatest, most valued young talent on our team is our new coach. He likely turned down other opportunities for this one. I'd suspect that he had some input into the decision to obtain a shooting center. Just as it is important to develop our young talent, giving our coach at least the bare minimum to run his sets is pretty important. If he wants to base his offense off of shooting from the center spot, the trash we had there wasn't going to cut it.
I doubt he has any real input on roster choices right now.

No spin?

Gotta be the worst trade in the history of the Jazz if Locke can't even spin it.
It is. There couldn’t be named a worse trade (of players, not prospects) in franchise history.

The Jazz will have to take back future salary if they want more picks. That doesnt seem like an objective for them currently.