What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Maybe it’s Kemba instead. Smart was in trade rumors over the draft too.

All those assets they say on... then to blow a bunch of stuff on Gordon? Not sure why they think they need that type of player?
Doesn't really make sense either way. If you are giving up so much, just add 2 of the young players instead of Smart or Kemba and go for Vucevic.

Thad Young doesn't do much for me. I'm not sure he really fits with the Jazz.

Otto Porter looked awful tonight. Just didn't play hard and was a complete non-factor.

I always thought Gordon was overrated but 2 first round picks plus Marcus Smart is hell of an overpay.

Celtics are getting desperate if that is true. He isn't even a clear answer to their struggles. They need someone who can play slower and orchestrate an offense similar to Joe Ingles. They miss Hayward on that end. Defensively, they need rim protection.
they just need playmaking. simple as that. Kemba is never much of playmaker and ran Hornets offense to the ground. A prime Teague might've helped but he is now a shell of his former self. They are kinda the opposite of what the jazz is. Lot of energetic wing plays and isos, not enough ball movement. If anything, they should be going after Lonzo Ball.

Last edited:
Thad Young doesn't do much for me. I'm not sure he really fits with the Jazz.

Otto Porter looked awful tonight. Just didn't play hard and was a complete non-factor.

Yup. Tonight's game dialed my Otto Porter interest down to about a zero.

Lauri Markkanen on the other hand, could be a great addition to our system.

From Chris Haynes on the Aaron Gordon front. Imagine Oladipo back in Orlando lol

Aaron Gordon​

Houston Rockets players were under the impression a few days ago that a trade for Gordon was close to being finalized and a last-minute hiccup killed the deal, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Gordon has no desire to be traded to a team in a rebuild and is only interested in joining a team that has the potential to make a playoff run, sources said.

One key party with knowledge of the talks disputed that it nearly reached the point of completion. It would have likely involved Victor Oladipo. However, any team that seeks a trade for the Orlando Magic versatile forward would prefer to have some assurances that Gordon would agree to an extension, sources said.

This could decrease the trade options for Orlando. Gordon, 25, is set to become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2022.

Talks have diminished between Orlando and the Portland Trail Blazers, a source said. The Denver Nuggets are still interested, but there isn't desperation to make a move, sources said.

One thing I'll say about Lauri Markkanen, his size gives him a real defensive presence. He staved off several Bogey drives tonight. He also rebounds like a big.
lmao what? Markkanen got no defensive presence. He's playing the monstars zapped version of Bogey. He plays the real thing and he gets smoked.

There’s a chance that Danny Green gets traded to Toronto in a trade for Lowry. You’d have to think he’d be a buyout candidate.

He isn’t having a great year, but I think you obviously get him teh **** in a Jazz uniform if this happens.

There’s a chance that Danny Green gets traded to Toronto in a trade for Lowry. You’d have to think he’d be a buyout candidate.

He isn’t having a great year, but I think you obviously get him teh **** in a Jazz uniform if this happens.
I'd be here for it. He'd be going for a three-peat.

Imagine being Aaron Gordon and thinking you have the power to be making demands about where you want to be traded.
You mean like he just did... If he goes to Houston he just tells them he won't re-sign in a year... he has leverage.

I don't think he gets bought out. Morey is too smart... he'd flip him for another expiring contract and get a lil something for his trouble. Morey leaves no scraps on the table.

I don't think he gets bought out. Morey is too smart... he'd flip him for another expiring contract and get a lil something for his trouble. Morey leaves no scraps on the table.
He's traded to Toronto in NAOS' scenario.

You mean Ujiri?
Right... both. If they need his salary to collect something one or the other wants they will find a 3rd or 4th team. I don't think he will be treated just as salary filler.

Obvi could be wrong and its not a perfect market... but even a team like the Knicks could route Franky Smokes or some **** and save either team money in the deal (they still have cap space they can use in a deal).

I'd be surprised to see Green as a buyout guy... I threw out a scenario at one point where I suggested maybe doing Bojan to Toronto for Green (assuming they want Bojan over expiring salary).

Its kinda wild to see that the Kings and Magic are getting big offers for Barnes and Gordon. Kings absolutely should sell off Barnes and tank... Magic should sell every damn thing and actually do a rebuild... both teams still want to gun for the 10th seed... for what? Ain't gonna be a lot of playoff money... just get a few dollars savings in the trade and take some cash considerations.