What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Donovan likes JC too much.

What someone made sense. JC/Royce were never in trade rumors but everyone else was. Why is that? Donovan Mitchell is pulling the string behind the scenes and leaking who he wants traded.
Somebody also said that Don and Rudy had issues right now which Don shot down in the last couple hours.

Can't believe everything you read I guess.

This does mean that Luke Kennard is available. Watching them last night I said to myself "luke is so slow and unathletic.... holy hell he will be a Jazz man someday".

Please don't do this Jazz.

I mean you know we wouldn't want to take on the extra salary this year... that was a big part of Portland's motivation. I do agree... we could have done this.

Powell's deal is not negative... just risky because of length. He could stay healthy and productive the whole time and it is just fine. It's just more than you'd want to pay for a third guard but he's a really good third guard. I'd have tried to move CJ instead personally.

If they would have swapped Powell for JC I'd have driven to Portland to pick Norman up.

We could have figured out a way for both us and POR to duck money. It really comes down to the future assets LAC was able to scrounge up, and I definitely think we could have matched that. I would have been willing to do Bogey(sent somewhere else for expiring + stuff) and Ingles for Powell and Covington. Covington is obviously in a better state than Ingles right now, and Powell is kind of a younger version of Bogey....or would function the same way. But if you're dead set on keeping Bogey, the Jazz could have probably done something similar with Royce, JC, or a protected pick. Many ways to get to the same destination. Having Powell+Covington on this roster would help us out a ton.

Hard to pinpoint what we'll do. I've been hanging out at Best Buy all day and all the blue shirts keep telling me is that I should consider an extended warranty on my mouse and not one lick about the Jazz.

Starting to give up on the prospect of them being a leader in Jazz transaction leaks.

My fantasy I had last night was:
-getting a 1st and dumping JC into NOP TPE
-sending that 1st with Bogey in a three-team where we get Jerami Grant without sending any of our 1sts.

No way a second round pick is enough to upgrade you from Bledsoe and a couple of meh players to Roco and Powell. ****. Second round picks that we handed out for free

Donovan likes JC too much.

What someone made sense. JC/Royce were never in trade rumors but everyone else was. Why is that? Donovan Mitchell is pulling the string behind the scenes and leaking who he wants traded.
Diabolical.

Well the first step is trading THE **** out of JC for every reason besides that he is Earth's Coolest Human Being.

I’m a Kennard truther. He will be a Jazz man I am manifesting it.
We don't want him... I watch Reaves spike a layup attempt of his last night... looked like the old guy playing with the athletic college bros. Maybe if we weren't so unathletic other places.

We could have figured out a way for both us and POR to duck money. It really comes down to the future assets LAC was able to scrounge up, and I definitely think we could have matched that. I would have been willing to do Bogey(sent somewhere else for expiring + stuff) and Ingles for Powell and Covington. Covington is obviously in a better state than Ingles right now, and Powell is kind of a younger version of Bogey....or would function the same way. But if you're dead set on keeping Bogey, the Jazz could have probably done something similar with Royce, JC, or a protected pick. Many ways to get to the same destination. Having Powell+Covington on this roster would help us out a ton.
Powell is kinda the Bogey of two guards... Reports will surface about how the Blazers love Johnson and how they thought he was top 10 in last year's draft.... just wait.

If Portland was just taking Bledsoe as pretty much an expiring contract, Joe's expiring could have more value than I thought. Too bad there don't seem to be too many out and out sellers on the market who have given up on the season yet.

Yall are playing checkers... here is the galaxy brain version of what blazers are doing... shocked I didn't see it earlier.

Cap flexibility, Keon Johnson, Luxury tax, blah blah blah.... Let me tell you what this was really about. The Blazers want to tank... what does every tank need.... a ****ing commander.... can you think of a better tank commander than Bledsoe... play him 48 and give him the ball. Just moved from like #10 to top 4.... put that **** in your trade machine.

Do you know who is pissed right now.... OKC... Presti just broke his keyboard and fired an intern.

Randle, Barrett, Toppin and 2 firsts for Mitchell is not terrible either lmao. That is the exact type of deal we’d want especially getting rid of Clarkson in the deal as well.
That trade sucks IMHO. Randle isn't playing winning basketball, you'll never get anywhere with him. Barrett and Toppin may get somewhere, most likely not.
I'd _much_ rather take Wiseman, Moody, Kuminga and a couple of picks some years down the line from GSW.

That trade sucks IMHO. Randle isn't playing winning basketball, you'll never get anywhere with him. Barrett and Toppin may get somewhere, most likely not.
I'd _much_ rather take Wiseman, Moody, Kuminga and a couple of picks some years down the line from GSW.
Yeah, but the point is you put Donovan on the Knicks with 0 help and you watch that team give you top 5 draft picks.

It’s not out of the realm of possibility that this is the closest Donovan or Rudy ever get and this opportunity is being squandered. I blame DL for squandering one of the best opportunities in franchise history, and Quin as well. Ryan should bring in Deron to sit them both down and talk about life regrets and squandered opportunities.

Hell, maybe even bring Hayward in for that discussion, too.

It’s not out of the realm of possibility that this is the closest Donovan or Rudy ever get and this opportunity is being squandered. I blame DL for squandering one of the best opportunities in franchise history, and Quin as well. Ryan should bring in Deron to sit them both down and talk about life regrets and squandered opportunities.

Hell, maybe even bring Hayward in for that discussion, too.
We need some good cop bad cop ****. We need Mike and Royce to be cheerful pals, and then we need Quin to come in and be the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.