What's new

Trade for Jerami Grant

1) Grant was acquired by Denver in the same summer when Bogey/Conley were signed. Denver didn't get to keep him of course, but that's saved for another story. All I know is that they made it all the way to the WCF with him playing a major role. Now imagine having Grant on our team during that Denver series instead of the other way around. Everyone here would love to see a trip to the WCF, no?

2) Denver won't trade him to the biggest division rival. Sure. But OKC will, and they did.

3) That's why I said Grant OR Wood. If we chose to spend the money on Grant then of course Wood will probably be out of our reach, and vice versa. But having one of them on the roster is bigger than having both Bogey/Favors, who didn't play a single minute for us in the playoffs last season and will have much reduced role this year due to their age and conditioning. And lesser role next year. Lesser role in 2023. You get the idea.

And guess what? Grant/Wood will get the "bigger role" they desired on this Jazz team because you know? No Bojan or Favors on this team means over 40 min worth of PT as well as the Jazz's starting 4 spot is now available. And on average just how many shots does Bogey get to take in a game for us again?

Why would Wood or Grant settle for PT time/big role on a losing team when they can have PT time/big role on a winning one?
You are truly a moron.

The funny **** is that if the Jazz signed either Wood or Grant, they would be putting up significantly worse counting stats and Bogey would be on another team (like a Detroit) and he'd be putting up amazing stats and they'd probably be bitching about not getting Bogey.

The Jazz have the ****ing 1-seed with Bogey playing at his worst possible point. We know what Bogey can do when he's confident and rolling.

Unless there is just an amazingly cheap deal for Aaron Gordon out there, there isnt anything the Jazz can do to upgrade.

Jerami Grant isnt attainable, and I honestly don't think he'd work out in Utah. We saw what he was in Denver, a team he's a much better fit for over Utah, and he was just OK. The Jazz often bullied him and singled him out on switches because he couldn't guard the perimeter. His offense isnt good when he isn't a high usage catalyst for his team. Posters really underestimate how hard it is to be a 4th option (or like 3B, w/e you want to call it) and keep that rhythm when you're struggling. Just give it some time.

Ditto. Both guys can drop 20 on a terrible team, both should probably just be role players on good teams. Barnes is a better shooter and already come to his realization.
Barnes just has the experience factor over Grant and he's really upgraded his passing. The Kings are also a bad team, but he's playing a more utility based role which is something the Jazz could offer him in their offense.

I heard it was because grant said plumlee and him were a package deal
Cant tell if you're being facetious, but the black angle is 100% reality. It would just be a really weird PR move to trade the black unity player to Utah. It's not like they even need to trade Grant to keep losing.

So for everyone bitching about not signing Grant, does the guy who gave this reasoning for signing to a NBA team seem like he would ever pick Utah?

I’ve wanted Grant for a few years now but I think that ship has sailed unless we’re willing to give up Rudy or Donovan.

I do think we need to address that 3/4 position. Bogie is a liability. If we can trade him for a more athletic player who can both defend and at least be a threat from the outside, that would be great.

Cant tell if you're being facetious, but the black angle is 100% reality. It would just be a really weird PR move to trade the black unity player to Utah. It's not like they even need to trade Grant to keep losing.

So for everyone bitching about not signing Grant, does the guy who gave this reasoning for signing to a NBA team seem like he would ever pick Utah?
I just thought the idea of anyone saying me and Mason are a package deal was funny... that’s all

If we got Grant from OKC in 2019 so that he never landed his foot in Denver, and therefore he would have never met Mason Plumlee. Then his thinking process on that contract extension with us, having already played in Utah for a year would be a whole lot different.

And like I said, if Grant won't sign, cool. Give that money to Wood. And we are solid going forward...... more solid than being stuck with Bogey and Favors for three more seasons