What's new

Trade ideas

The second round pick Toronto is getting is Detroit’s this year so essentially pick 31. Not bad.
It is a really solid trade for the raptors. Now I would assume they give it 3 weeks to see how things are looking before making a decision on Siakam.

OG isn't similar to Grimes, Hart and Divicenzo in the roles that they are capable of playing. OG has elite size for a perimeter defender that can matchup with almost anyone.
He's clearly the better player. Don't get me wrong. But they all share the same role in terms of being that low usage wing who space the floor. They have a bunch of them already.From a positional needs standpoint, Knicks needs a reliable big man more than anything since Robinson is always hurt.

I like it for both sides.
I will just ask for Milwaukee's protected 2025 first cuz 1)it's definitely gonna convey. 2)Knicks is more willing to relinquish since it's not their own pick 3) Milwaukee is an aging team that has a chance of crashing down after this season.

No, needs to be someone who isn’t an expiring for some expiring salary.
That's the whole point. We need to prioritize sending away all of our expirings first cuz if we don't send them away we gonna lose them in the summer for nothing. Big Al/Millsap/Marvin Williams say hi

I will just ask for Milwaukee's protected 2025 first cuz 1)it's definitely gonna convey. 2)Knicks is more willing to relinquish since it's not their own pick 3) Milwaukee is an aging team that has a chance of crashing down after this season.
Crashing? They have Giannis my dude. They are never going to crash as long as he is playing.

That's the whole point. We need to prioritize sending away all of our expirings first cuz if we don't send them away we gonna lose them in the summer for free. Big Al/Millsap/Marvin Williams say hi

No, I’m saying we need the cap space so anyone on a long-term deal needs to be traded first. THT can just expire this off-season worst case.

Crashing? They have Giannis my dude. They are never going to crash as long as he is playing.
Exactly. Giannis plays a very physical game and has been dodging major injuries in his career so far. But who knows when his body’s gonna break down. And when he misses time, the rest of the Milwaukee roster is gonna struggle to hold up.

NYK owns two fake first from Washington/Detroit that have chances to never convey. That's probably what we would get.
That's like one of those fake OKC packages for Lauri in which they included all of their own picks that will likely be in the late 20s while keeping all the Clipper firsts for themselves. Why would we accept such low-ball?

That's really interesting because Knicks have the Pistons and Wizards’ protected firsts that likely will never convey
I think there is a good chance the wiz pick never conveys but I do like that pistons pick with 4 years left on it.

No, I’m saying we need the cap space so anyone on a long-term deal needs to be traded first. THT can just expire this off-season worst case.
Except we don't really need the cap space so we can just sit and wait on all the long term deals to become short term deals in a couple of years. Plus if we don't want those long term deals for ourselves, why would any other team want them? We might have to accept other teams low-ball offers if we want to move JC right now whereas expiring contracts like THT and KO are the leagues most sought after commodities that will always have value irregardless.

Why didn't they do anything when he was available for like three straight years?
Because the teams that might have wanted Collins couldn't give Atlanta what they wanted, immediate cap relief. Also, Atlanta kept thinking they were going to get draft assets back for the first two years. Jazz aren't in a salary crunch like Atlanta was and they don't necessarily need picks back. Jazz trading Collins looks different from Atlanta trading Collins.

I also don't think that the Jazz are desperate to trade Collins, the GMs on Jazzfanz notwithstanding.