What's new

Trade ideas

Hmmmm pretty solid move for both teams since Raps apparently never want to rebuild. Rebalances rosters.

I am definitely against trading Lauri, and I get the concept of "well we don't want to trade him so you have to absolutely blow us away", but that is a fantastic haul for him. Yeah, the Clips picks are nice but cmon. Cason is absolutely a blue chip prospect in my mind, the 2024 Rockets pick is more likely than not to be lottery, getting our own pick back would be massive, Dieng is an interesting young stretch-4, unprotected picks 5-6 years out are always valuable (even if OKC is primed to be a juggernaut, **** can definitely happen), I wouldn't have to watch THT anymore.

Still against trading Lauri, but that trade seems to be a massive haul beyond what I think we can expect.

I want to give our pick to OKC THIS year because the draft is really, really terrible. I don't understand giving up Lauri for the chance to have 3 picks in this crappy draft, late lottery or not. WHEN the picks happen is as much a factor as to how high they are. If I am OKC and someone is willing to give me something of value for all of my 2024 picks I do that deal before I let the other party off of the phone.

That's like one of those fake OKC packages for Lauri in which they included all of their own picks that will likely be in the late 20s while keeping all the Clipper firsts for themselves. Why would we accept such low-ball?
Well, one of those picks *could* covey at some point if things go right for those teams. It will also eventually become a 2nd rounder, which would be a high 2nd rounder.

You do it because you can't get anything else for Clarkson and you no longer want him on the team.

Except we don't really need the cap space so we can just sit and wait on all the long term deals to become short term deals in a couple of years. Plus if we don't want those long term deals for ourselves, why would any other team want them? We might have to accept other teams low-ball offers if we want to move JC right now whereas expiring contracts like THT and KO are the leagues most sought after commodities that will always have value irregardless.

We do need it though. If we renegotiate and extend Lauri we will have limited cap space if we don’t make some moves. Still a decent amount but not a ton.

If Toronto was able to pull off a similar scale last year for FVV, they'd be sitting real pretty right now.

Still, a future with Scottie/IQ is still pretty great.

Will be interesting to see what the plan with Siakim is now.

If Toronto was able to pull off a similar scale last year for FVV, they'd be sitting real pretty right now.

Still, a future with Scottie/IQ is still pretty great.

Will be interesting to see what the plan with Siakim is now.
Woj says they are still trying to move him.

He's had a meh year compared to last season, will be interesting to see what he goes for.

Can't think of any obvious team off the top of my head.
Atlanta has been mentioned with him consistently. Not sure what the package is… maybe a three teamer with Murray.

Toronto may canvas the market for Siakham and find not many teams interested and then try to retain him in a more cost effective way… since his market is limited.