What's new

Trade Prediction

Will a Trade Happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huh? One for Hill. One for Rubio.

Lol. Now that you say that...

Alcohol. I’m hammered. And going strong.

Tbh I agree with both gambles. Bad advice sabotaged the Hill gamble. And a ****** person sabotaged the Rubio gamble.

Better to swing for the fences than sit idle. Generally.

upload_2019-2-3_20-44-23.jpeg

Lol. Now that you say that...

Alcohol. I’m hammered. And going strong.

Tbh I agree with both gambles. Bad advice sabotaged the Hill gamble. And a ****** person sabotaged the Rubio gamble.

Better to swing for the fences than sit idle. Generally.

View attachment 6721
I generally agreed with them at the time, too. But hindsight stings a little in both of those decisions because both were made with Haywood in mind.

And, if we had gone for Rubio when we snagged Hill, we wouldn’t have had to send any firsts. We certainly wouldn’t have had to send out two (since MN was over it and would have welcomed salary relief with that extra year on the contract.... it was Ricky’s hot play the half-season before we acquired him that elevated his stock).

Some speculation there, obvi. But I feel pretty good about it.

I generally agreed with them at the time, too. But hindsight stings a little in both of those decisions because both were made with Haywood in mind.

And, if we had gone for Rubio when we snagged Hill, we wouldn’t have had to send any firsts (since MN was over it and would have welcomed salary relief with that extra year on the contract.... it was Ricky’s hot play the half-season before we acquired him that elevated his stock).

Some speculation there, obvi. But I feel pretty good about it.

And none of that changes them being good gambles at the time. It all revolves around a ****** person.

And none of that changes them being good gambles at the time. It all revolves around a ****** person.
Maybe not. But it does open the question about whether DL has been too liberal sending out firsts........ which is why I said it.

No waaaaay is Mirotic worth one. Look at his stats and defense. He’s becoming one of the most overrated players in JFC history.

Maybe not. But it does open the question about whether DL has been too liberal sending out firsts........ which is why I said it.

No waaaaay is Mirotic worth one. Look at his stats and defense. He’s becoming one of the most overrated players in JFC history.

No. Yes.

They were worth it. Mirotic isn’t worth a first. But DL hasn’t traded one for him.

Yes, really. Look at who we drafted and who was around them. Jazz get a B+
Sorry about that, my response was too confrontational . Let me try again.

You are right he nabbed Mitchell and Gobert. I applaud him for his performance there.

I tend to be a glass half empty guy, so in my opinion a B+ isnt good enough for a team who can only attract free agents like Epke and Thabo. Jazz must excell at drafting, and Lindsey agrees with me....thats why he convinced the Millers to fund big money in scouting and workouts.

If he was drafting for Houston or the Clippers or even Dallas Lindsey would be fabulous. But they have different market realities. In my opinion he has botched Jazz drafts as often as he got it right (maybe more). It must improve. And if it takes giving him three picks in every draft to land one player then jazz should start acquiring picks instead of giving them away for short term rentals.

Sorry about that, my response was too confrontational . Let me try again.

You are right he nabbed Mitchell and Gobert. I applaud him for his performance there.

I tend to be a glass half empty guy, so in my opinion a B+ isnt good enough for a team who can only attract free agents like Epke and Thabo. Jazz must excell at drafting, and Lindsey agrees with me....thats why he convinced the Millers to fund big money in scouting and workouts.

If he was drafting for Houston or the Clippers or even Dallas Lindsey would be fabulous. But they have different market realities. In my opinion he has botched Jazz drafts as often as he got it right (maybe more). It must improve. And if it takes giving him three picks in every draft to land one player then jazz should start acquiring picks instead of giving them away for short term rentals.

You are a 3/4 empty kind of guy.

The Jazz have been in the top 10% draft wise over the last few years. The defat doesn’t change based on market size.