What's new

Trade Prediction

Will a Trade Happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve been as anti-cakk bakking as anybody here (that’s a term of my coinage), but I really think now might not be the best time for a serious move if OP Jr, Jrue, and Aaron Gordon aren’t available. All three of those guys are worth the risks, imo.

The downsides of parting with assets in virtually every other deal I’ve seen proposed outweigh the benefits.

The bad franchises seem to be active right now. They’ll desperately outbid us on any deal of Conley-size or bigger.

I'm pulling a Lopo on this one, let me know how dumb this is.

Utah gets: Harris, Hill, Fultz, and Beverly
Clips get: Davis, Rubio, and Favors
Pels get: Gilgeous-Alexander, Robinson, Gallinari, Chandler, Bradley, Smith
Sixer's get: Williams, Mirotic, Thabo

5 1st to New Orleans

Help me with pick allocations.

Jazz give up 2 first, Clippers give up 2 first, Philly gives up 1. Do all 5 go to New Orleans?

Last edited:
Won't load. What's the trade?
ESPN always ***** the bed.

5 1st to New Orleans

5 1st to New Orleans
That's a lot of players but its not crazy. Works for the most part for everyone. And it keeps Davis away from the Lakers.

5 1st to New Orleans

Jazz give up 2 first, Clippers give up 2 first, Philly gives up 1. Do all 5 go to New Orleans?
Not gonna happen. But I’m in.

Yeah, New Orleans gets a lot of OK to good stuff, but only 1 great asset (SGA).

I think SGA has more value than any individual Lakers piece... right or wrong. Think most teams would rather have him than Ingram/Kuzma/Ball.

They have some pick restrictions with owing Boston a pick... so not sure how valuable the future picks would/could be. They might have to defer too far in the future.

I think eventually Lakers come with the Kuzma/Ingram/Ball/Hart/Zubac and 3 firsts for AD... roster spots are an issue, but NO has a lot of waive-able players.

My predictions for Jazz trades:

50/50 odds on a Conley trade.

40/60 on a Niko-level trade.

0/100 odds on a Jrue Holiday trade.

60/40 smaller trade shipping out our pick and some expirings, probably for a decent backup or a future asset.

15/85 on a Tobias Harris trade.

5/95 on a Harrison Barnes trade.

30/70 on no trade.

100/100 on complaining on this board no matter what happens.

5 1st to New Orleans

I actually think the Jazz lose that trade while all the other teams win with certain qualifiers. Pelicans stock so many assets while also getting a couple of guys who help them stay competitive with Jrue but they don't get a surefire All-NBA talent, Clippers win in a massive way if they get AD but they only do it if they also have the cap to get Kawhi in FA, Sixers are hard to gauge as it all depends on how you value Fultz, but I think they'd be ok with dumping Fultz, Smith and a pick to get two guys who will clearly help them in Williams and Mirotic while also getting Thabo.

I just don't see why the Jazz should give up two 1sts and all of their expirings to essentially get guys that they could get in FA + take on Fultz. I think Harris is more likely to leave the Clippers than he is to stay right now since they're all in on Kawhi so if I'm the Jazz and I'm dead set on getting him I'm waiting until the offseason before breaking the bank for him and keeping my 1sts.

I actually think the Jazz lose that trade while all the other teams win with certain qualifiers. Pelicans stock so many assets while also getting a couple of guys who help them stay competitive with Jrue but they don't get a surefire All-NBA talent, Clippers win in a massive way if they get AD but they only do it if they also have the cap to get Kawhi in FA, Sixers are hard to gauge as it all depends on how you value Fultz, but I think they'd be ok with dumping Fultz, Smith and a pick to get two guys who will clearly help them in Williams and Mirotic while also getting Thabo.

I just don't see why the Jazz should give up two 1sts and all of their expirings to essentially get guys that they could get in FA + take on Fultz. I think Harris is more likely to leave the Clippers than he is to stay right now since they're all in on Kawhi so if I'm the Jazz and I'm dead set on getting him I'm waiting until the offseason before breaking the bank for him and keeping my 1sts.
The Jazz arent really giving anything up of huge value outside of (likely) late first.

Maybe two first was overaggressive. I didn't want it to seem like a homer trade.

5 1st to New Orleans

Clips: Lose a ton but I think do this knowing they could re-sign Davis which could attract Kawhi or someone. Super risky on their part but I think they maybe take the chance.

Jazz: I like it. Beverley seems to be playing better the last month and would allow Mitchell to be the lead guard which could be good. Plus we get Tobias. No guarantees he re-signs though.

Sixers: Get a lot out of this without giving up much. They definitely need to be giving up two 1sts, if not three (one from another team too).

Pels: Don’t think it’s enough but Shai-Holiday-Gallinari-Randle isn’t God awful. Plus all the picks.

Who’s Robinson?

I think the Sixers def say yes. I think the Pels say no unless one of those 1sts is some other team’s 1st and could therefore be a top 10 pick. Not sure about us or the Clips.

The Jazz arent really giving anything up of huge value outside of (likely) late first.

Maybe two first was overaggressive. I didn't want it to seem like a homer trade.
One 1st makes it more reasonable but I'd still bet on getting Harris in FA over trading for him unless I knew I was going to make another move that would make signing Harris in the offseason a non-possibility (in which case the trade might not work anymore since one or more of the Jazz players going out might be involved in the other deal).

If we stuck with two 1sts if they were something like 2019/2021 then the value of them wouldn't be that high, but if NOLA was smart they'd push for one of them to be in 2022/2023 to secure picks in the potential double draft, which would make even a late 1st insanely more valuable that year than usual.

5 1st to New Orleans

Don't try to blame me for this stupid trade idea.

I don't suggest 4 team trades because they are almost 100% unrealistic. Also, I don't suggest trades with 16 players.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

My buddy who’s a huge Sixers fan said he wouldn’t do it. Said they’re not winning a title this year anyway and doesn’t want to give up on Smith.