What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

He's been a top 10 most valuable player in the league by pretty much every advanced impact metric for the last 5-6 years.

He's not Giannis and he's not prime Shaq. IMO he's one of the most misunderstood(purely basketball-wise) stars in the NBA.

Let me put it like this - He gives you 16 points on 70% TS as the 4th or 5th option on a perennial playoff team offensively. He's one of the most unselfish stars in the league who doesn't need the ball and does all the dirty work not just on defense but on offense too - he sets the most screens in the NBA and is one of the best screen setters in the NBA, creating great opportunities for his ballhandlers off the bounce, for which he gets very little return. He's one of the best offensive rebounders in the league. In essence, Gobert is a very limited offensive player who cannot create his own shot, but EVERYTHING he actually does on offense, he does at an incredibly high elite level. If you think you can substitute that with a random diet version, you are in for a rude awakening. And that's before we even mention he's quite possibly the best defensive player of this generation.

There is a reason this team started winning the moment Gobert entered the starting lineup. There is a reason this team continues to consistently win - with or without ANY OTHER PLAYER (Conley, Mitchell, Hayward. etc.) in the lineups and becomes mediocre with or without ANY OTHER PLAYER(Mitchell, Hayward, Conley, etc.) the moment Gobert doesn't play.

To me it's pretty sad that people are trying to slander him on his way out the door, when he's been nothing but exceptional as a Jazz player over the last close to a decade. :(

Oh well... lets see what this FO cooks up for us over the next several weeks...
And Atlanta won't trade DeAndre Hunter for him.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Dude show me clips where Rudy is getting beat by himself. All I ever see is the rest of the team getting blown by and Rudy in help then nobody rotating to help cover Rudy’s man.
It does happen occasionally when he is on the perimeter or against guys like Jokic/JV. He ain't perfect. Kawhi Leonard gets cooked every now and again too... what i'd like to see is a highlight of his teammates bailing his poor defense out to get a stop or rotating over and getting dunked on because Rudy was out of place.

It does happen occasionally when he is on the perimeter or against guys like Jokic/JV. He ain't perfect. Kawhi Leonard gets cooked every now and again too... what i'd like to see is a highlight of his teammates bailing his poor defense out to get a stop or rotating over and getting dunked on because Rudy was out of place.

We’re talking a few plays here and there though. Where as there are tons of clips of the opposite.

And Atlanta won't trade DeAndre Hunter for him.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Lets see what Atlanta does and doesn't do... and even if they don't want to trade DeAndre Hunter for him, what does it matter? Is Atlanta the be all of good GMing and player evaluation or something? Atlanta hasn't had a player as good as Gobert since Dominique Wilkins. Who cares what Atlanta thinks?

Rudy and Don can win a title.. but the connecting piece/pieces are difficult to find. When we had draft assets I had hope we could figure it out... now we capped out and owe picks so its over barring a miracle. You needed a Lonzo Ball, Mikal Bridges, to go with Ingles at a minimum. PG and some 3 and D guys would have worked. That piece is so hard to find and we out of runway.
They can win a title, but Donovan has to step up his game considerably as a defender and playmaker while not taking any steps back on offense.

The Jazz have to also pretty much nail every trade, draft pick, and free agent signing from here on out. There is absolutely zero room for error anymore.

Lets see what Atlanta does and doesn't do... and even if they don't want to trade DeAndre Hunter for him, what does it matter? Is Atlanta the be all of good GMing and player evaluation or something? Atlanta hasn't had a player as good as Gobert since Dominique Wilkins. Who cares what Atlanta thinks?

Exact same thing with Chicago not wanting to move Williams. Sounds like a personnel issue if you don’t want to move a young prospect for an All-NBA/DPOY player.

No one has made us a great offer for Rudy yet or he would've already bee non the move.

Exact same thing with Chicago not wanting to move Williams. Sounds like a personnel issue if you don’t want to move a young prospect for an All-NBA/DPOY player.
No team in the NBA wants to move off of good young pieces with potential for Rudy, so are the other 29 teams wrong?

They can win a title, but Donovan has to step up his game considerably as a defender and playmaker while not taking any steps back on offense.

The Jazz have to also pretty much nail every trade, draft pick, and free agent signing from here on out. There is absolutely zero room for error anymore.
Sorry to tell you this but they were at this point three years ago and they have done nothing but whiff since (outside of the JC trade, which at times doesn't look great).

No one is going to make a "great" offer for Rudy.

DeAndre Ayton being highly talked about as a sign and trade is going to make it so teams want to wait on Gobert.

Like I've said 100 times the last two days, the smart teams are going to try and engage Utah against a draft clock on draft day. They will put in a offer that is 75% there to test how dumb Ryan Smith is.

No team in the NBA wants to move off of good young pieces with potential for Rudy, so are the other 29 teams wrong?

Do you know what other teams are offering and what players are involved? There could be a deal in place right now where we get Williams and they’re just negotiating about picks.

DeAndre Ayton being highly talked about as a sign and trade is going to make it so teams want to wait on Gobert.

Like I've said 100 times the last two days, the smart teams are going to try and engage Utah against a draft clock on draft day. They will put in a offer that is 75% there to test how dumb Ryan Smith is.
The delusion here is absolutely insane.

Do you know what other teams are offering and what players are involved? There could be a deal in place right now where we get Williams and they’re just negotiating about picks.
You really think that we have godfather offers on the table and are just taking our time? lol

So essentially Donovan has to become the best player in the league lmao.

The point is that rival teams won't trade young unproven players for this god of a player y'all are making Rudy Gobert out to be.

Chicago doesn't want to trade Williams. Atlanta doesn't want to trade Hunter. Toronto doesn't want to trade OG.

Could you imagine the Lakers saying - "you know what NOLA, we really want AD, but we don't want to trade you Lonzo Ball. Sorry."

You really think that we have godfather offers on the table and are just taking our time? lol

Where did I say godfather offers?

Vucevic/Williams/White/18 is likely on the table. We don’t want Vucevic or White though.

The point is that rival teams won't trade young unproven players for this god of a player y'all are making Rudy Gobert out to be.

Chicago doesn't want to trade Williams. Atlanta doesn't want to trade Hunter. Toronto doesn't want to trade OG.

Could you imagine the Lakers saying - "you know what NOLA, we really want AD, but we don't want to trade you Lonzo Ball. Sorry."

Dude… again AD was 26. Gobert is older and has a huge contract. That of course limits the type of deals we can do. Don’t be purposely obtuse.

Ryan gonna pass the **** out of that dumb test... confirmed dumb.