What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The point is that rival teams won't trade young unproven players for this god of a player y'all are making Rudy Gobert out to be.

Chicago doesn't want to trade Williams. Atlanta doesn't want to trade Hunter. Toronto doesn't want to trade OG.

Could you imagine the Lakers saying - "you know what NOLA, we really want AD, but we don't want to trade you Lonzo Ball. Sorry."

Lets see who wants to trade what when it's all said and done. Don't put the cart before the horse. Also - of course they will be haggling over the value when the Jazz are ruled by Donovan and his agency and there is no secret that they want Gobert gone. Doesn't mean the Jazz will give him up for pennies or should do it. I'm perfectly good with him staying on the Jazz. Is Donovan? Are you?

What's the delusion exactly?

That teams know how to negotiate effectively and Utah has absolutely blown their position with how obvious they have made their desire to please Donovan?
The delusion is that people think we have all of these amazing offers for Rudy but aren't trading him.

What other top 15 player in the NBA would be put on the trade block but teams would be hesitant to move Patrick Williams or DeAndre Hunter?

Tell me what other players the Bulls would trade the package they’re likely offering for Gobert. Zero shot they’re not a top-25 player.

Dude… again AD was 26. Gobert is older and has a huge contract. That of course limits the type of deals we can do. Don’t be purposely obtuse.
The comparison still has value. AD actually wasn't under contract for very long so it was risky for LA to a certain degree.

If Rudy was as dominant as some of y'all make it out to be, he would be in massively high demand.

Tell me what other players the Bulls would trade the package they’re likely offering for Gobert. Zero shot they’re not a top-25 player.
Tell me another top 15 player that the Hawks, Raptors, or Bulls would be hesitant to include Hunter, OG, or Williams...

The delusion is that people think we have all of these amazing offers for Rudy but aren't trading him.

What other top 15 player in the NBA would be put on the trade block but teams would be hesitant to move Patrick Williams or DeAndre Hunter?
Chris Paul was literally traded for the 30th pick in the draft, Ty Jerome, Kelly Oubre and Ricky Rubio....

Do you have any other dumb questions?

Dude… I really don’t know what your deal is but you keep making **** up that nobody has said.

Why in the **** would we trade Gobert if we’re not getting what we want back for him?

The funny thing is that most of them are so dumb they will post clips of Gobert getting "owned" and they actually show the opposite.
Or there’s that time when LoPo I think it was or UtahJazz32 showing a clip of the 7-2 longest player in the league getting beat by the 6-2 Brunson even though you see the effort but he’s just not quick enough to stay with him. But of course there’s a library of video of Mitchell getting beat on normal straight line drives where Mitchell is quick enough to stay on his man but just watches him go by putting up zero resistance. You just can’t make this **** up.

Dude… I really don’t know what your deal is but you keep making **** up that nobody has said.

Why in the **** would we trade Gobert if we’re not getting what we want back for him?
If Rudy is a top 15 player that guarantees you 55 wins I'd assume teams would be dying to trade for him?

Chris Paul was also viewed as washed with a terrible contract when he was traded from OKC to PHX.
So you're telling me narratives, false or true, can play a huge role in a player's trade value?

So like, Utah making it abundantly clear they are trying to make Donovan nut at all times has maybe hurt Gobert's value?

The reality of the Rudy Gobert situation is this:

If you trade for him you're going to have to fundamentally change the way that your team plays on both ends and you're also committing to paying him at age 33/34 almost $50M per year. So realistically if you make a move for him you're probably trying to chase a 1-2 year championship window.

Where did I say godfather offers?

Vucevic/Williams/White/18 is likely on the table. We don’t want Vucevic or White though.
The rumors were we wanted them to improve the offers... its pretty common to go shopping with guys you are about to acquire before pulling off a deal. So we hunt around with Vuc and White to expand the trade if we can or want to. These always come back down to the wire too... people acting like they never seen a trade deadline or draft night. Only the minor deals get done in the dead space. Deal time starts tonight/tomorrow.

I also love the logic of "lolz... none of these teams value Rudy since they don't want to meet the reported super high price Ainge has lolz". You ask for everything as a GM... is something amazing was out there we might have pulled the trigger by now. Doesn't mean something good isn't out there.

The offer of Vuc/White/Williams/18 might be on the table... we might be asking for Ayo and another first too... at the end you show your cards and either make a deal or pass.

If Rudy is a top 15 player that guarantees you 55 wins I'd assume teams would be dying to trade for him?

I said he would make Chicago a 55-win team. They won 48 games without Lonzo and Caruso for half of the year. You think that is a unrealistic goal if they traded for Gobert?

So you're telling me narratives, false or true, can play a huge role in a player's trade value?

So like, Utah making it abundantly clear they are trying to make Donovan nut at all times has maybe hurt Gobert's value?
Ben Simmons didn't even play after a horrific playoff showing and netted James Harden back.

Or there’s that time when LoPo I think it was or UtahJazz32 showing a clip of the 7-2 longest player in the league getting beat by the 6-2 Brunson even though you see the effort but he’s just not quick enough to stay with him. But of course there’s a library of video of Mitchell getting beat on normal straight line drives where Mitchell is quick enough to stay on his man but just watches him go by putting up zero resistance. You just can’t make this **** up.
Mitchell gets beat all the time. It happens. Overall, Rudy is definitely a great defensive player and much better than Donovan Mitchell.

Donovan Mitchell is still the main reason we had any shot to win any series in the 5 years he has played on the team. Rudy has been a shadow of his regular season self come playoff time.