What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Rudy going to be motivated by winning his 4th DPOY so Im not too worried about him in that regard. He does have him moments of kind of half-assing, but overall he's one of the more committed players in teh NBA.
You can tell when there is something he’s trying to prove at times… when he’s half assign things. I worry a little bit hopefully he just comes in and screams at everyone Dray style cuz he DGAF anymore. That might be best case scenario for this season… he already died the hair so maybe he goes like full chaos/unhinged. I would tune in for that.

This is the only website where I've seen praise for what the Knicks did yesterday. Everwhere else I've seen it called at a best a disaster.
They traded away 2 lottery picks to end up with the Bucks 2025 pick to save $9M so they can maybe sign Jalen Brunson...

This is the only website where I've seen praise for what the Knicks did yesterday. Everwhere else I've seen it called at a best a disaster.
The Knicks made the first step of many to get on track. They now have 11 first rounders in the next 7 drafts. If they play their cards right and don't give out any stupid contracts, they could be in the right direction.

However, most people expect them to do something stupid like trade for Kyrie, overpay for Brunson, etc.

All they have to do now is find takers for any of Rose, Fournier, or Burks. They can use Reddish if he has any value. They could even consider trading Randle if it means long term savings.

Quickley, Toppin, Barrett, Robinson and all those picks have value. Everything else is pretty bad. They need to play the long game, but they likely won't.

I also think a Mike deal was always more likely once FA began. Like if the Wiz don’t bring back Beal why trade for Mike… I think Beal is a done deal in Washington but why not wait for sure. He will be second/third choice for NY, Was, etc.

I also think it’s tough for Danny to do a deal when he can’t trade Royce or JC cuz they FOD Friends of Don

Again, our players our valued, but you cant trade old win now players for younger win now pieces.

You trade those players for future assets and take back worse players. That's how it works. The Jazz are trying to thread a needle that's very difficult. Maybe Ainge is a mastermind who can do it, but Im not hopeful.
Yeah, but they're thinking they want to win now and want to offer everyone but one guy for win-now pieces and they didn't have to go through this. Every idiot (well, most, at least) on this forum could have told you the poor return on win-now pieces for a couple months now. There is one guy, though, who could return us win-now pieces that keep us competitive but he's the one they want to make untradeable and build the whole thing around. That they can't recognize this helps us understand that their abilities in roster management are about as good as their expertise in rebranding or their expertise in cap math.

I think the Jazz will retool the roster around Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell I’m not even going to say these are moves Danny Ainge or Ryan Smith will do…in the coming days in free agency it’s all speculation at this time.

Attachments

• 69F09757-032E-4296-9522-5C75B47425C2.png
    69F09757-032E-4296-9522-5C75B47425C2.png
    650.5 KB · Views: 30
I also think a Mike deal was always more likely once FA began. Like if the Wiz don’t bring back Beal why trade for Mike… I think Beal is a done deal in Washington but why not wait for sure. He will be second/third choice for NY, Was, etc.
I agree. The Mike deal will get done once some of the stars are set in place. Mike has a good rep, and adding him would be a gesture of intent to a guy like Beal, LeBron, KD, etc.

Wait… are you two allowed to agree on something? That has to be a violation of the forum rules!
Haha. Man, believe it or not, I don't like to fight. Our discussions are fine, but we have resulted to pettiness, and that atmosphere has eroded the forum. I'm going to try to be a better man as Jack said.

We will still disagree, but name calling has to go. That goes for me and HH too.

Rudy going to be motivated by winning his 4th DPOY so Im not too worried about him in that regard. He does have him moments of kind of half-assing, but overall he's one of the more committed players in teh NBA.
I am fairly certain he will be black-balled from another DPOY win. He has already been robbed twice, as he is decidedly the best defensive player in the league and has been for 6 years straight. He should have 5 by now realistically. I would be surprised if he ever got his 4th.

The Knicks made the first step of many to get on track. They now have 11 first rounders in the next 7 drafts. If they play their cards right and don't give out any stupid contracts, they could be in the right direction.

However, most people expect them to do something stupid like trade for Kyrie, overpay for Brunson, etc.

All they have to do now is find takers for any of Rose, Fournier, or Burks. They can use Reddish if he has any value. They could even consider trading Randle if it means long term savings.

Quickley, Toppin, Barrett, Robinson and all those picks have value. Everything else is pretty bad. They need to play the long game, but they likely won't.

Making everything bust down to current OKC levels or "process" Philadelphia a common thing for several teams across the league is BAD for the league and would never be allowed by the NBA if done in regular numbers. None of those future picks can be any better than 9 and would have be quite fortunate to be late lottery. Value is quite middling.

I am fairly certain he will be black-balled from another DPOY win. He has already been robbed twice, as he is decidedly the best defensive player in the league and has been for 6 years straight. He should have 5 by now realistically. I would be surprised if he ever got his 4th.
I think the narrative is there for him. Donovan and the non-Rudy Jazz really got exposed on defense. If he comes in with a new coach and brings Utah back to being a top 5 defensive team it could happen.

Wait till 2024, when we will again be entering the draft without any draft pick. Yesterday was just the beginning
Honestly the fact that we owe that pick might be the thing that pushes Smith/Ainge to actually embrace a tank, so it might not be a bad thing.

I could see us barely eeking out a playoff spot this year, getting dealt with pretty easily, then the FO really has to look themselves in the mirror because 2024 is a top 10 protected pick.

Making everything bust down to current OKC levels or "process" Philadelphia a common thing for several teams across the league is BAD for the league and would never be allowed by the NBA if done in regular numbers. None of those future picks can be any better than 9 and would have be quite fortunate to be late lottery. Value is quite middling.
I don't think NY has to go the route of Philadelphia or especially OKC. NY could be patient for one calendar year and go after a big fish. OKC doesn't have any aspirations of going after a big fish. They are hoping to create from within. It may work and it may not.

If NY sheds some contracts and play the youth, they are one big addition next summer away from being relevant for maybe a long time. One bad year isn't bad for the NBA.

Aside from Donovan, Rudy, and Jordan Clarkson, we have 73 million dollars on shooting with some other dwindling skills. None of which the league is salivating to get these players from us. That's disheartening. We got to improve the performance of the supporting cast.

I am all for getting a player like Matisse Thybulle and go all in on more defense and put a dent in the approach that we need shooting all the time. And who knows, Matisse shoots 79% from the free throw line, maybe he can develop a good average on his 3 point shot.

Here's a super long hight reel. Geez, there is a ton of activity from this guy. It's endless. Jalen Brunson against that? If he doesn't shoot well...so put him on the floor when Rudy is not on the court and have them overlap when you need to put the clamps down.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18JfFJO1H1I

I’m not as much of a fan of his as I used to be, but his often criticized offensive output is not all that different from Royce O’Neale’s (though obviously a lower 3pt %). Thybulle was considered unplayable in the playoffs whilst putting up similar offense per 36 minutes to Royce (both shooting 28% from 3) and comes at a third of Royce’s price next year and half the year after. One is considered unplayable when it matters, the other is our starting PF playing over 30 minutes a night. Thybulle would probably not make much of a difference here (though I would like to have him on the bench as an option), but just to put things in perspective...

gCzIVf.jpg