What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

NYC cant be patient. They got a lot of mid assets, which is good for team building flexibility, but sitting on mid assets isnt going to get you far unless you are a God tier drafting team with unreal player development (no one is this).

I also think a Mike deal was always more likely once FA began. Like if the Wiz don’t bring back Beal why trade for Mike… I think Beal is a done deal in Washington but why not wait for sure. He will be second/third choice for NY, Was, etc.

I also think it’s tough for Danny to do a deal when he can’t trade Royce or JC cuz they FOD Friends of Don

I think Kuzma+Ish gets it done.

Atlanta/Chicago's packages got better with the additions of Griffin/Terry.
I don't think we get those players necessarily, but it might make others players on that roster more expendable.

Griffin might make Huerter more available. I doubt it, but maybe Terry makes Williams more available.

I think Kuzma+Ish gets it done.
Kuz or KCP would be my guess… Kuz would likely mean we have something lined up for Bogey too… KCP is more of a one and done type of move.

I am fairly certain he will be black-balled from another DPOY win. He has already been robbed twice, as he is decidedly the best defensive player in the league and has been for 6 years straight. He should have 5 by now realistically. I would be surprised if he ever got his 4th.
If he gets traded to Chicago/Toronto/ATL and they make a deep playoff run, he will. It's the stink of being in icky icky Utah.

NYC cant be patient. They got a lot of mid assets, which is good for team building flexibility, but sitting on mid assets isnt going to get you far unless you are a God tier drafting team with unreal player development (no one is this).
I think they have to be patient. Brunson or Kyrie isn't going to make them relevant overnight.

Dump a contract or two if possible. Play the youth. If they do that, they likely have a really good pick of their own in a year. Add in possibly 2 or 3 more 2023 firsts, and things look completely different for that franchise.

Honestly the fact that we owe that pick might be the thing that pushes Smith/Ainge to actually embrace a tank, so it might not be a bad thing.

I could see us barely eeking out a playoff spot this year, getting dealt with pretty easily, then the FO really has to look themselves in the mirror because 2024 is a top 10 protected pick.
Provides a nice pivot point if Ryan can pull his head out his *** to see it.

I think they have to be patient. Brunson or Kyrie isn't going to make them relevant overnight.

Dump a contract or two if possible. Play the youth. If they do that, they likely have a really good pick of their own in a year. Add in possibly 2 or 3 more 2023 firsts, and things look completely different for that franchise.
hence why NYK fans want Bryant instead of Thibs, they have the worst coach possible for a young core

I think the narrative is there for him. Donovan and the non-Rudy Jazz really got exposed on defense. If he comes in with a new coach and brings Utah back to being a top 5 defensive team it could happen.
I would hope it does. Statistically he has had some of the most dominant defensive seasons in NBA history. He deserves to be on top of the DPOY mountain.

They bought into their own BS with that one fluke playoff team. I think NY is a tough place for young guys to develop and that org only makes things worse. Look how much further along Detroit is for example… two years into really rebuilding and they got great young talent, cap flexibility up the ***, and a couple extra picks I believe… rebuilding/tanking works if you are a little patient, hit on your picks… and get some luck. OKC is only two years into their tank and look what they have going forward… they might get lucky and find the next Giannis but that’s tough.

Kuz or KCP would be my guess… Kuz would likely mean we have something lined up for Bogey too… KCP is more of a one and done type of move.

I’m starting to think Kuz is more likely because the Wizards would be more likely to keep KCP. They have some duplication with Rui/Avdija.

In theory you could just play Kuzma in for Conley and slide everyone down…but I think you want someone with more ball handling. Bogey for Bogdanovic type deal would be a decent follow up imo.

If he gets traded to Chicago/Toronto/ATL and they make a deep playoff run, he will. It's the stink of being in icky icky Utah.
And he cried. Remember we cannot allow anything but manly emotions, like anger and arrogance and ***-kicking. We have to fully suppress any other normal human emotions until we can take it out on our girlfriends. None of this crying ********!

They bought into their own BS with that one fluke playoff team. I think NY is a tough place for young guys to develop and that org only makes things worse. Look how much further along Detroit is for example… two years into really rebuilding and they got great young talent, cap flexibility up the ***, and a couple extra picks I believe… rebuilding/tanking works if you are a little patient, hit on your picks… and get some luck. OKC is only two years into their tank and look what they have going forward… they might get lucky and find the next Giannis but that’s tough.
I mean, we will see with Detroit. The thing is they have Cade and Ivey, both of whom are more highly regarded than RJ or anything the Knicks have (but they still have to prove they can win at some point). Knicks got no pathway of adding an All-Star right now. They cant just be "patient" and stack up mid on top of mid. Their best bet is using their space this year to add the best player they can then package all their assets for an All-Star.

I’m starting to think Kuz is more likely because the Wizards would be more likely to keep KCP. They have some duplication with Rui/Avdija.

In theory you could just play Kuzma in for Conley and slide everyone down…but I think you want someone with more ball handling. Bogey for Bogdanovic type deal would be a decent follow up imo.
They just drafted Johnny Davis. They can comfortably deal a 2 or 4 and be fine.

And he cried. Remember we cannot allow anything but manly emotions, like anger and arrogance and ***-kicking. We have to fully suppress any other normal human emotions until we can take it out on our girlfriends. None of this crying ********!
It'll become "he just has passion and competitive drive." lol

The most ideal situation is you send Conley/Royce/NAW for KCP/Kuzma.

I mean, we will see with Detroit. The thing is they have Cade and Ivey, both of whom are more highly regarded than RJ or anything the Knicks have (but they still have to prove they can win at some point). Knicks got no pathway of adding an All-Star right now. They cant just be "patient" and stack up mid on top of mid. Their best bet is using their space this year to add the best player they can then package all their assets for an All-Star.
Lol. We're saying the same thing. I'm just saying do it next year. There is zero reason to do it right now.