What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Maybe we could pry a pick out of them, but if we got Randle for those "scraps", I think it would be worth a shot. Randle was the best player on a pretty weak team that gave Eastern Conference Finals Atlanta a run two years ago. Randle would be the 2nd option on offense and protected by Rudy down low on defense.

If we did that and also traded Conley for perimeter defense, maybe a new coach uses all the strengths while mitigating the weaknesses.
That is one of the worst contracts in the league imo. I think they got beat soundly by the Hawks and benefited from fluky shooting and empty arenas. I don’t think he’s a guys that fits in well if he isn’t a number 1 option.

That is one of the worst contracts in the league imo. I think they got beat soundly by the Hawks and benefited from fluky shooting and empty arenas. I don’t think he’s a guys that fits in well if he isn’t a number 1 option.
Fair enough. I hate his contract. I don't think he's a bad player, but his contract is dreadful.

We should’ve just taken the Hawks offer of Collins, Huerter, and #16.
So let's break this down financially:
Collins/Huerter = C/H vs Gobert = G

22-23: C/H $38 vs G $38.1
23-24: C/H $41.1 vs G $41
24-25: C/H $43.4 vs G $43.8
25-26: C/H $44.6 vs G $46.7

The money is almost identical. Atlanta has so much to gain by adding Rudy for the same amount. It's clear that Atlanta is going to move on from Collins. Huerter is probably even more available since Atlanta drafted Griffin.

We should offer Rudy for Collins, Huerter, Atlanta's 2023 1st and Charlotte's 2023 1st. Sure we don't get Hunter, but maybe we could use 3 total 2023 1st round picks wisely.

So let's break this down financially:
Collins/Huerter = C/H vs Gobert = G

22-23: C/H $38 vs G $38.1
23-24: C/H $41.1 vs G $41
24-25: C/H $43.4 vs G $43.8
25-26: C/H $44.6 vs G $46.7

The money is almost identical. Atlanta has so much to gain by adding Rudy for the same amount. It's clear that Atlanta is going to move on from Collins. Huerter is probably even more available since Atlanta drafted Griffin.

We should offer Rudy for Collins, Huerter, Atlanta's 2023 1st and Charlotte's 2023 1st. Sure we don't get Hunter, but maybe we could use 3 total 2023 1st round picks wisely.
I’d prefer to get Griffin then a future pick personally.

Jazz receive: Collins, Capela, Huerter, Griffin
Hawks receive: Gobert, Bojan

I wish we could trade him to the Knicks for a reporter who actually has interest in the jazz doing well.
He does have interest in that, even if he tries to pretend otherwise as some kind of appeal to professionalism.

He actively roots for the Knicks
Yeah, and he plays it up like he’s dispassionate about the Jazz’s success. But it’s both true that he’s a Knicks fan and also has an emotional soft spot for this franchise that he pretends to not have.

Jazz receive: John Collins, Kevin Huerter, AJ Griffin, Hornets 2023 1st (via ATL)
Hawks receive: Rudy Gobert, Gary Trent Jr
Raptors receive: Clint Capela

Yeah, and he plays it up like he’s dispassionate about the Jazz’s success. But it’s both true that he’s a Knicks fan and also has an emotional soft spot for this franchise that he pretends to not have.
I’m really not a huge fan of anyone that covers the team outside of AL.

We should’ve just taken the Hawks offer of Collins, Huerter, and #16.

I'm not sure that was the offer. Most of the reports I saw had Capella, Collins and 16...and the Jazz don't seem to want Capella at all.

I'm not sure that was the offer. Most of the reports I saw had Capella, Collins and 16...and the Jazz don't seem to want Capella.
I saw that they were offering our choice (2/3) of Capela, Collins, Huerter plus #16. But that we were hesitant because we were dead set on getting Hunter. I personally like AJG more then Hunter though.

I’d assume another hang up is that if we didn’t take Capela they’d need a third team that would to get a deal done.