What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

After the Wizards resign Beal they won't be able to take on Conley's deal without matching salary which gets tricky because Kuzma is at $13M and IIRC KCP is at $14M.

KCP provides 3&D just like Royce but is a better shooter/scorer.
I think KCP is better, but we still need Royce off the bench.

I think Conley and NAW for Kuzma and KCP is fair. And the money is nearly identical. And if Washington wants Gay too (or we can squeeze him into the deal), send him too.

I think KCP is better, but we still need Royce off the bench.

I think Conley and NAW for Kuzma and KCP is fair. And the money is nearly identical. And if Washington wants Gay too (or we can squeeze him into the deal), send him too.
Conley/NAW for Kuzma/KCP is an L for Washington.

Donovan Mitchell for all 4 Knicks picks n 2023, whatever is required for salary matching, and two future unprotected picks.

Who is on your "no trade" list?
At this point probably just Rudy/Don unless we receive a god father offer for Rudy.

We retooled around Rudy/Don once going from Rubio/Favors/Ingles to Conley/Bojan/Royce.

I think it's smart to try it one more time and if it doesn't work, trade both, recoup all of our draft capital and try to rebuild.

Conley is the best player in the trade though right?
Just depends on what Washington plans to do. Kuzma/KCP will both be valuable assets that are very tradeable at the deadline and fit needs for good teams. Don't think a ton of teams are going to be calling for Conley/NAW in season.

Just depends on what Washington plans to do. Kuzma/KCP will both be valuable assets that are very tradeable at the deadline and fit needs for good teams. Don't think a ton of teams are going to be calling for Conley/NAW in season.
True. I was just using the "Washington has interest in Conley" reports from before. If they want Conley, then maybe it's possible. And I have no idea how much value NAW does or doesn't have.

Donovan Mitchell for all 4 Knicks picks n 2023, whatever is required for salary matching, and two future unprotected picks.
Take Randle cuz who cares… and get one more unprotected pick and swaps on the even years too.

True. I was just using the "Washington has interest in Conley" reports from before. If they want Conley, then maybe it's possible. And I have no idea how much value NAW does or doesn't have.
Can't imagine other teams would value him very highly after we traded for him, never played him, and then would be looking to move off of him.

Take Randle cuz who cares… and get one more unprotected pick and swaps on the even years too.
Why not go ahead and take Randle while he's super cheap and try to win now.

Randle
for
NAW, Rudy Gay, Juancho and Doke

NY does it to shed the contract. We do it to make one more run at it.

Conley
Don
Bojan
Randle
Rudy
Royce
Clarkson
Butler

Randle
for

Conley
Don
Bojan
Randle
Rudy
Royce
Clarkson
Butler
I’d want a lot of picks because he sucks at playing winning badketball

Randle
for

Conley
Don
Bojan
Randle
Rudy
Royce
Clarkson
Butler
Bojan and Juancho for Randle

I’d want a lot of picks because he sucks at playing winning badketball
Maybe we could pry a pick out of them, but if we got Randle for those "scraps", I think it would be worth a shot. Randle was the best player on a pretty weak team that gave Eastern Conference Finals Atlanta a run two years ago. Randle would be the 2nd option on offense and protected by Rudy down low on defense.

If we did that and also traded Conley for perimeter defense, maybe a new coach uses all the strengths while mitigating the weaknesses.