What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I agree. They are taking a massive risk. Ish is a poor man's Monte Morris who is a below average starter.

I like KCP better than Barton, but you're right, they are risking a lot by going a bit thinner on quality.
This deal really effs up any chance we get a good Conley deal done too. Morris filling that need... now Jones stays in Memphis? Does Brogdon go anywhere now? I think we can do one of three things...

- Conley for Brogdon - 1 year less on his deal. Mike is a better mentor than Malcolm who is a smart dude but prickly by all accounts. I'm okay with this but just because Malcolm is bigger doesn't mean he helps the defense.

- Conley to Memphis if Jones walks for MLE somewhere he can start that we are seeing right now.

- Conley to Detroit - They valued AB as a vet mentor so that role may be filled but Mike for CoJo and Kelly Ollynyk may be there... Detroit has Noel who the GM loves, Stewart, Duren, and are bringing back Bagley by all accounts... so a bit of a logjam there.

I think the better/different route is to look around at what JC gets you and move Mike to the bench... which might help us have a better overall team tbh.

Monte filled a lot of non-Jokic minutes as the PG. Now they need Bones to step up significantly. Murray was good but he didn't necessarily contribute much to playmaking. They can't even force him minutes as he is coming back from an injury.

Kcp fits but it's just lacklustre as overall talent.
If they stay really healthy they are still good and can paper over how effing cheap their owner is... but this also means they aren't using exceptions now to go back into the tax... so minimums only.

One long term injury and a couple rotating injuries and they are back to the depth issues they had before.

This deal really effs up any chance we get a good Conley deal done too. Morris filling that need... now Jones stays in Memphis? Does Brogdon go anywhere now? I think we can do one of three things...

- Conley for Brogdon - 1 year less on his deal. Mike is a better mentor than Malcolm who is a smart dude but prickly by all accounts. I'm okay with this but just because Malcolm is bigger doesn't mean he helps the defense.

- Conley to Memphis if Jones walks for MLE somewhere he can start that we are seeing right now.

- Conley to Detroit - They valued AB as a vet mentor so that role may be filled but Mike for CoJo and Kelly Ollynyk may be there... Detroit has Noel who the GM loves, Stewart, Duren, and are bringing back Bagley by all accounts... so a bit of a logjam there.

I think the better/different route is to look around at what JC gets you and move Mike to the bench... which might help us have a better overall team tbh.
That about sums it up except for a possible Conley to Cleveland for LeVert swap, but they are rumored to be trying to get Rubio back.

Ugh. This offseason, minus hiring Hardy TBD, has been an extremely frustrating one.

That about sums it up except for a possible Conley to Cleveland for LeVert swap, but they are rumored to be trying to get Rubio back.

Ugh. This offseason, minus hiring Hardy TBD, has been an extremely frustrating one.
It ain't lining up very well for us.

As per usual we will wait until all the other alphas have fed, then we will timidly walk in to try to pick up some of the scraps. Hopefully there is something more left than gristle at that point.

Doesn't look that way.

Maybe the Lakers, Clippers, Knicks or somebody else gets desperate.

Conley trade options are looking dire, which is what I had initial fears about.
Clips are still a real option... its not a great look for us though... helping out a western conference team. I can't imagine Wall/RJ pairing is going to be amazing... Wall is very much thinking that Wall/PG/Kawhi is a Big 3 and he publicly mocked RJ's contract back in the day. I wonder if they'd do an RJ or Kennard swap with some stuff attached... doesn't change our issues though... IDK. Its getting harder to find good fits.

The Lakers fit but would have to be Westbrook centered deal and then you need to add a bunch more salary.

Clips are still a real option... its not a great look for us though... helping out a western conference team. I can't imagine Wall/RJ pairing is going to be amazing... Wall is very much thinking that Wall/PG/Kawhi is a Big 3 and he publicly mocked RJ's contract back in the day. I wonder if they'd do an RJ or Kennard swap with some stuff attached... doesn't change our issues though... IDK. Its getting harder to find good fits.
Dang I forgot that they are adding Wall. Ugh

3 team scenario where Jackson goes to the lakers... Jazz get THT and Kennard... Mike goes to the Clips... seconds can go... ummm somewhere?

Possibly, but I think the Clippers probably feel really good about their PG situation with Wall and RJ. RJ was garbage last season, but he's been a huge playoff performer for them and is PG's best friend. It just doesn't seem to me, maybe if Wall gets hurt mid season or something. They have some contracts they'd likely want to get off of, but I don't think they're a Conley buyer. I would say that WAS, even with Morris, is more of a buyer.

I don't think there are any good options. Maybe you can shoot for Brogdon? Memphis potentially? I think our best shot is MIN, who really seems down on Russell and wants to win now.

I don't know the cap situation or how Bucks would go around the tax or their pick situations but;

Conley for Lopez, Hill and 1st works

Bucks then use their taxpayer MLE on Claxton fill the void at center. Claxton gives them better chance to play more at the level. They also weren't terrible when Lopez was injured.

Jazz do it because Lopez can shoot and defend and they get a pick.

Jazz can then trade Gobert for non-centers.

Last edited:
I don't think our trade market is going to be active as many people would like it to be unless we are unloading expiring for expiring - I think this team wants to shed salary and have room to chase free agents of their own choosing, but can't realistically do so until next year when guys like Bogey, Hern and potentially Gay/Jordan opt out.

This team is going to look completely different in two years, but it's going to be a long two years of trying to compete knowing that you're not shopping for a lot of groceries.

3 team scenario where Jackson goes to the lakers... Jazz get THT and Kennard... Mike goes to the Clips... seconds can go... ummm somewhere?
Seems like the Lakers need Conley more than the Clippers, but that could possibly work. But the Lakers do seem to value THT.....

We could trade Conley to...

- Miami for Duncan Robinson and multiple 1sts.....
- Knicks straight up for Julius Randle and hope Hardy can use him correctly
- Philly with Rudy Gay, Juancho and NAW for Tobias and Thybulle
- Orlando for Terrence Ross
- NOLA for Nance, Temple, Hernangomez and a young player

I could see Conley for Rozier, they seem to have concern about their upcoming cap situation with Bridges. I'd be interesting in trying to add to that deal and get PJ Washington.

The following trade is almost exactly the same money....

Conley and Rudy Gay
for
Kevin Love

Last edited:
Possibly, but I think the Clippers probably feel really good about their PG situation with Wall and RJ. RJ was garbage last season, but he's been a huge playoff performer for them and is PG's best friend. It just doesn't seem to me, maybe if Wall gets hurt mid season or something. They have some contracts they'd likely want to get off of, but I don't think they're a Conley buyer. I would say that WAS, even with Morris, is more of a buyer.

I don't think there are any good options. Maybe you can shoot for Brogdon? Memphis potentially? I think our best shot is MIN, who really seems down on Russell and wants to win now.
I think we end up rolling with Mike at this point... which is fine. If we were desperate maybe Minny does Conley/Gay/Naw for Russell but I hate the fit so much. I think it would help us clear cap space for next year which is... whatevs.

I could see Conley for Rozier, they seem to have concern about their upcoming cap situation with Bridges. I'd be interesting in trying to add to that deal and get PJ Washington.
The additions are the problem. I think they would have some interest but not sure they'd even do a straight swap of Mike for Terry. Finding an asset to add to get to Washington is real iffy.