What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Dealing Rudy to Minny does nothing for me. Russell doesn't help this roster.

With what's out there, the Bulls deal is the best of a poor haul IMO. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the FO decides to let Hardy and scheme tuning run back the pairing of Rudy/DM for another year vs. trading him for unappealing packages.
Oh it would be Russell and a **** ton of picks... if its for Rudy. Russell is the salary ballast.

Ayy, Nowell was my homer pick that year lol
He's good and I'm not sure he will play enough there to show it. Not sure how we get him unless he's a throw in for a bigger deal.

Oh it would be Russell and a **** ton of picks... if its for Rudy. Russell is the salary ballast.
And I'm not a huge fan of what those picks would be. Minny is going to cement themselves as a playoff team for the next several years - picks in the 20's doesn't do a lot for me.

This means the tax goes up like $2M and makes it more likely we can duck the tax with some small moves... so this is somewhat relevant.

And I'm not a huge fan of what those picks would be. Minny is going to cement themselves as a playoff team for the next several years - picks in the 20's doesn't do a lot for me.
Probably... but we assumed the Brooklyn, Lakers, Clips picks would be garbage and they already turned into 8, 12. and 17... and the big ones are yet to come.

I would tend to agree and doubt they would do 3 unprotected firsts... if they did it sounds like about as good as we can get unfortunately.

So we get way way worse defensively, and maybe kind of stay the same offensively. Yeah, sounds about right. But Mitchell will score 35 per game, in leading us to 38 wins and a play-in spot, where he can throw up 40+ in the one game that determines our playoff hopes, where we put up 120 pts in a losing cause as we give up 130 in regulation.

So we get way way worse defensively, and maybe kind of stay the same offensively. Yeah, sounds about right. But Mitchell will score 35 per game, in leading us to 38 wins and a play-in spot, where he can throw up 40+ in the one game that determines our playoff hopes, where we put up 120 pts in a losing cause as we give up 130 in regulation.
FYI I posted as a joke. I am not sure Rudy gets dealt to Chicago or anywhere.

You’d bet ON the Timberwolves being GOOD for YEARS?

I take multiple lightly protected picks (or any unprotected picks) from the Timberwolves over anything else that is likely on the table.

We are now like 3.5M - 5M over the tax after we waive Juan and fill out the roster with minimums (13 or 14 roster spots). New tax number is a little over 150M. Essentially a 1 for 2 trade where we drop $2M in salary does it.

We will do something... even if it is just a dumb cost cutting move (see Ingles, Joe)... and the local media will bend over backwards to tell us why this move is a master stroke and conveniently leave out the $20M+ elephant in the room.

I think Gobert for Russell and picks is a terrific tank move. Maybe him putting up big fake stats on a terrible team allows you to double-dip and pick up more assets at the deadline.

I also think Mike staying is just fine and would make for a great piece to retain good culture during the dark times. IMO that’s a key dividing component between just being a loser and being smart about bottoming out to rebuild.

Mike could also significantly rehab value for a mid-season trade, but that’s probably the last point in his contract that you can get any value in a trade (unless a team is desperate to dump salary the following year and the market is strong for such a move).

I think Gobert for Russell and picks is a terrific tank move.

I also think Mike staying is just fine and would make for a great piece to retain good culture during the dark times. IMO that’s a key dividing component between just being a loser and being smart about bottoming out to rebuild.

Mike could also significantly rehab value for a mid-season trade, but that’s probably the last point in his contract that you can get any value in a trade (unless a team is desperate to dump salary the following year and the market is strong for such a move).
it really has to be combined with a Donovan trade for picks... but yeah... it ain't the worst thing ever.