What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

i actually like the deal for Sacramento too... the pick is lotto protected then goes to like top 10.

The Pacers also received Malik Fitts, Juwan Morgan and Nik Staukas in the deal. I would suspect these three to be on the waiver wire.

Seriously. How many mother ducking teams can tank at one time? Stupid if Jazz do just to have 10 other teams tanking, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
The tank race has been rather barren the last couple years. Indy was likely already a member of the tank race. Houston, OKC (though it will be hard for them), Indiana, Orlando, Detroit? Sacramento (always seem to find themselves there)... It ain't all that crowded. Landing 6/7 still provides decent odds with how they balanced things.

Reduced protection each year. Top 10 protected in 2026 and woj didn't mention what’s gonna happen after that. Even if turns into a pick in teens it's a major W for the hawks
I mean that pick could become a player that is as good as say... Kevin Huerter.

Its a fine trade... think it works for both teams. Kevin is on a good long term deal... the savings and asset pickup are solid for Atlanta. Both teams get a B+ imo.

Great trade for Sacramento. They get a shooter with size, which is exactly what they needed. Plus he has potential to get a bit better. Huge win for them.

Atlanta getting cheap.

Great trade for Sacramento. They get a shooter with size, which is exactly what they needed. Plus he has potential to get a bit better. Huge win for them.

Atlanta getting cheap.
Everyone thinks they setting up for KD or Rudy... ignoring that they are likely just going to sneak under the tax with that move. Both guys deals expire next year so some future savings later.

Value is fine on both ends, but it is definitely true that ATL is getting cheap. If they had unlimited money they were better off just keeping Huerter. Ownership is a huge competitive advantage.

Giving up a tall 24 year old shooter who isnt a trash can on defense for a lottery protected 1st that may never convey is certainly a move lmao. IDK how you can spin that as much of a positive for a team trying to win now like Atlanta.

They do get decent depth with Holiday/Harkless. I really like Holiday, but Harkless is possibly below replacement level as a player.