What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Basketball evolves but it tends to circle back to basics. I see Rudy going far in the playoffs if he has long wing defenders around him. Tim Duncan would not have gone far without Tony Parker and Ginoboli. Does this mean Gobert is a top 5 or top 10 player. He isn't. He has distinct limits. These limits are not end all. With the right team they can be easily handled.

Trash? Hell no.

Overrated around here? No doubt. He ain't a top 15 player in the NBA unless you think the regular season matters more than the playoffs.

It’s just a joke lol. I think you underrate him and others overrate him. There is a middle ground that is the right answer.

View: https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1539686979977330690

If this is true... and they are out of the Rudy business... I don't see why we couldn't do something centered on Bogey for JC. It sounds as though they are getting a little desperate there.

That sounds crazy but yeah give me the **** out of Bogey for JC. Gotta learn to maintain or magnify assets at some point. It is kind of a ****ing miracle the team has been as good as it has over the years.

That sounds crazy but yeah give me the **** out of Bogey for JC. Gotta learn to maintain or magnify assets at some point. It is kind of a ****ing miracle the team has been as good as it has over the years.
I'm not a huge JC fan... but I get it. Don't have any idea what kind of offers are out there for him. Not sure what we'd have to sweeten the pot if needed.

Collins stuff kind of strange to me. I dont like him at all, but I wouldn't be that desperate to trade him like Atlanta seems to be.

I guess if they can get something good, but at this point they seem to be desperate in the same way Utah is with Gobert.

Like... Bogey and Royce for JC? Maybe Bogey and JC for JC and something?

But I would never advocate trading for Collins. He's a terrible fit for Utah. He's a terrible fit for most teams. Add on that he struggles to stay healthy and that his game is based around athleticism, I dont think he is going to age well. He's already regressed at a young age and it's probably going to continue.

Also dont get how he's going to go from playing with one of the best passers in the NBA and complain about touches, but get on Utah where Donovan is going to dominate the ball just as much with less good passes, but not complain.

I think Collins would love to be traded. He did not seem happy to resign with them. Gobert trade feels dead, I’d be trying really hard to put Bogey and Conley on the board for him.

But I would never advocate trading for Collins. He's a terrible fit for Utah. He's a terrible fit for most teams. Add on that he struggles to stay healthy and that his game is based around athleticism, I dont think he is going to age well. He's already regressed at a young age and it's probably going to continue.

Also dont get how he's going to go from playing with one of the best passers in the NBA and complain about touches, but get on Utah where Donovan is going to dominate the ball just as much with less good passes, but not complain.

When you like who you are playing with you don’t care as much. Him and Donovan are friends and he’d be happy playing with him. Donovan doesn’t dominate the ball as much as Trae does either.

When you like who you are playing with you don’t care as much. Him and Donovan are friends and he’d be happy playing with him. Donovan doesn’t dominate the ball as much as Trae does either.
What are the chances Collins and Trae smashed the same girl?

When Tony Jones was on Fischer's podcast a couple of weeks ago he said the Hawks have a lot of interest in Bogey. I think a deal like this could make sense for both sides.
Bogey seems to fit everything Atlanta wants to do - expiring, he can score, he can spread the floor for Trae, he's like a bigger version of Gallinari who they love, etc.

When Tony Jones was on Fischer's podcast a couple of weeks ago he said the Hawks have a lot of interest in Bogey. I think a deal like this could make sense for both sides.
But Atlanta's narrative is they want another "star" next to Trae. So they are either packaging Collins with others for a player they like more, or they are trading Collins for some role players to move up in the draft.

They arent going to be interested in old *** Bogey until they make those moves, and by that time they wont have any more pieces to give Utah for that to happen.