What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

The cap is significant but if we tank it isn't the end of the world. You can only sell off so much of your cap space in general.

The culture stuff is the thing that would scare me most. Given the last year we had I would probably pass... but I recognize the upside in this type of swing.
Very, very true.

If we could find a way to make the trade Conley, Rudy Gay and NAW, the money is almost identical this year.
Next year, we would spend only $7 million more.
That 3rd year is a doozy though.... $40.4 million. He is only 28 though....

If we trade Mitchell I'm good taking a shot on Simmons in a rebuilding situation. I don't like it in a situation where there will be pressure to win now.

So the 3 players we got in the Gobert trade that have an NBA resume, all had time starting, all were in the positive +/- last year. Vanderbilt and Beverly were 4th and 5th on the team behind the 3 star/ish players and both are defensive players. We seem to be the highest on Beasley, he can score and has decent 3pt %, and while not the cream of the crop in his +/- on the floor he was still positive. I know +/- as a stat has limited use, but it does still say something.

While these players are not stars, they will help the team be competitive. I can see the point that if our perimeter defense is much better even if our paint D takes a hit, with the way the NBA chucks 3's our defense may actually increase our overall chance to win. Keep in mind I haven't thought this over too much but without advanced stats and digging I can see that it may be possible. True or false? I think Lopo hinted at this in one of his/her thousands of posts and I think the idea may have some validity.

If we trade Mitchell I'm good taking a shot on Simmons in a rebuilding situation. I don't like it in a situation where there will be pressure to win now.
If we're going into a full tank, Simmons could a valuable commander or trading chip. Best case, he rehabs his value and learns to hit a FT. Worst case, he ensures our suckitude. So sure, why not?

If we're going into a full tank, Simmons could a valuable commander or trading chip. Best case, he rehabs his value and learns to hit a FT. Worst case, he ensures our suckitude. So sure, why not?
People forget that Simmons was runner up for DPOY last season. Has been an All Star in his last 3 seasons, All NBA, All Defense. Dude is elite at everything outside of shooting.

I think, at least mentally, it would do him wonders being out of a major market while he gets his **** together.

People forget that Simmons was runner up for DPOY last season. Has been an All Star in his last 3 seasons, All NBA, All Defense. Dude is elite at everything outside of shooting.
If it was just his back I would buy low... the mental stuff is scary... that said if I was Phoenix I'd bring him in with KD and hope Monty and others can get him going. His role would be basically Draymond-esque. If it is what closes the deal they should do it.

If it was just his back I would buy low... the mental stuff is scary... that said if I was Phoenix I'd bring him in with KD and hope Monty and others can get him going. His role would be basically Draymond-esque. If it is what closes the deal they should do it.
How do you suggest the Suns match $70m in cap?

And, you know, being a functional, non-douche bag human being. Hard pass.

If I thought the mental instability was over (I don’t) AND I though he’d be open to moving to center (he’s not) then I’d consider it.

Outside of that, he’s just a trash person and I don’t want to have to root for him. We’d have to get something AMAZING back to take on that contract, but I just don’t think they have anything worth the risk.

Soooo, are we thinking something happens today? Or do we think we're standing pat until some of the other dominos fall?

Soooo, are we thinking something happens today? Or do we think we're standing pat until some of the other dominos fall?
Likely takes a few days as the big domino trade has some dominoes within the domino that they have to figure out with Ayton and Simmons (probably).

I don’t think they are all gone. People just change their usernames like the wind here, and I can’t keep track.

Like who the hell is @Keefe? Is Hack still around? Hantlers? Etc? Hell UGLI is probably still lurking around somewhere under a pseudonym.

Also, since you’re a Dawg, any idea if your mom likes it doggy style?

And, you know, being a functional, non-douche bag human being. Hard pass.

If I thought the mental instability was over (I don’t) AND I though he’d be open to moving to center (he’s not) then I’d consider it.

Outside of that, he’s just a trash person and I don’t want to have to root for him. We’d have to get something AMAZING back to take on that contract, but I just don’t think they have anything worth the risk.
Jordan-Clarkson-reveals-LeBron-Wade-moment-with-Donovan-Mitchell-he-passed-up-1200x900 copy.jpg