What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

What about Conley for.....

Kennard, Mann, small expirings, 2028 lightly protected 1st, and multiple 2nd's

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
We definitely aren't getting a first in that scenario but I would gladly do it for Mann and Kennard. Mann would automatically be our best perimeter defender and Kennard our best shooter.

My point is because he is limited offensively other teams wanting to trade for him keep this in mind. But please don't compare Shaq to Gobert you will insult one of the greatest centers that ever lived
I wasn't comparing him to Shaq just the fact that he plays close to the basket and most was a dunker. The reason they are trading Rudy is because of his contract and his age and not his limited offense. If he wasn't the fourth or fifth option on the team he could score 20 pts a game.

It seems a little steep for sure, but if Kennard is considered a negative asset, it could be very fair. Conley is a great addition for a team with zero upcoming assets.

That's hella expensive and one sided. Why would the Clippers do that asset rich deal for a player who has seriously regressed like Mike?

Soooooo

What have we accomplished this summer?

We still don’t have a coach.
Drafted nothing.
Made no trades.
Probably aren’t going to sign anyone of note.

Ummmm. And got really ****** jerseys.

Have I missed anything?
Just the times in the NBA. Everyone is trying to make their team better. The new lottery odds and the talent level across the league being high and making it where there are a lot more buyers than sellers and the sellers are asset hungry and want serious assets. That makes trades extremely difficult in today's NBA economy.

I would imagine a Reggie Jackson and Kennard deal for Conley, no picks.
Kennard owed 26 mil
Jackson 12
Conley 33 potentially 46

Value wise, this makes sense. The only question is, does this deal appeal to you if you are the Jazz?

There is about three players who can replace Jackson for LA, Wall, Walker, and Rubio. Vet mins who want to win.

Would I do the deal? It depends on the new coach, if the scheme is to get the ball out of Conley hands, get more touches for Dom and build around him. I would consider it just because we get cheaper and a better defensive player in Jackson and a get a Sharp off the bench in Kennard who lead the NBA in 3pt%.

It depends. I would probably won't out of Mike's contract to do a deal like this. I like this better than Ish Smith and KCP for Conley. This actually has decent players in return.

Kennard owed 26 mil
Jackson 12
Conley 33 potentially 46

Value wise, this makes sense. The only question is, does this deal appeal to you if you are the Jazz?

There is about three players who can replace Jackson for LA, Wall, Walker, and Rubio. Vet mins who want to win.

Would I do the deal? It depends on the new coach, if the scheme is to get the ball out of Conley hands, get more touches for Dom and build around him. I would consider it just because we get cheaper and a better defensive player in Jackson and a get a Sharp off the bench in Kennard who lead the NBA in 3pt%.

It depends. I would probably won't out of Mike's contract to do a deal like this. I like this better than Ish Smith and KCP for Conley. This actually has decent players in return.
I’d rather take Ish Smith and KCP.

Kennard owed 26 mil
Jackson 12
Conley 33 potentially 46

Conley is a much better player than Kennard. Sure he had a bad postseason, but he's still a solid NBA starter. Not a good starter, but also not a bad starter. Conley would actually be pretty protected in that lineup and have plenty of chances to run offense and spot up.

Kennard is bad a starter. Solid role player and great shooter.

Mann is a role player.

Reggie Jackson is a role player.

I think Conley for Kennard and Mann is fair. Might be too much for LA actually.

Last edited:
I wasn't comparing him to Shaq just the fact that he plays close to the basket and most was a dunker. The reason they are trading Rudy is because of his contract and his age and not his limited offense. If he wasn't the fourth or fifth option on the team he could score 20 pts a game.
Rudy is horrible offensively that's partly why they are trading him they pay a premium for a one dimensional player. Shaq could score way better than Rudy and could take advantage of the mismatch. Rudy gets blocked by the likes of Luca D. I assure you Rudy can't score 20 a game he is too handicapped as a scorer

I think we may need to address an elephant in the living room though. Call it an existential crisis. The problem is that in order to win, you've got to have multiple All Stars. It takes years to draft and develop these All Star players. In the case of Utah and some other small markets, it seems as though these All Star players want to leave sometime during their 2nd contract.

DWill wasn't committed to staying. Hayward wasn't committed to staying. Now Mitchell isn't committed to staying. So what makes us think that when we draft and develop another iteration of All Star players they'll want to stay?
None of those guys were good enough to be the #1 guy on a title team.

Idk if this Andy interview has been posted at all. He speaks about Rudy/Dons relationship a little. Even hits on the fact it annoys some within the organization, including other players how much say Donovan has in a variety of things. As I’ve said a million times, we are lead by a child no one really likes and no one dares say to his face what they actually feel. Also mentions lots of players on the team liked Mike Elliot and he says resentment isn’t the right word, but that’s basically what he implied that others felt about the situation toward Donovan over it.