What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Ya exactly LeBron wants all the egos… he wants all his homies like JR and Westbrook and Kyrie on his teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lebron wants the overall best players. That's why he wanted Russ at first. I think Lebron hasn't been hyper concerned about fit because he has always made it work his entire career until Russ.

I think Bogey and Mike would put the Lakers back in contention. Personally I would hate to facilitate that, and would need the unprotected picks to feel better about myself.

I'm not sure LA/Lebron see it that way. I think the Lakers are being reluctant to trade away those picks, and it feels like Lebron still thinks he can make it work with Westbrook. It might be another situation that has to resolve itself during the season if/when the Lakers get off to a bad start.

When is LeBron Jr coming out? We need to figure out a way to draft him then hold him hostage for everything the Lakers have so he can play with his dad. LeBron would push them to mortgage the entire future of the franchise to play with his son. Every pick for 6 years, any players, whatever. He won't care. He will play that one year, then maybe extend one more then retire, so he won't give a ****. Go all in on Bronny (wow, worst name ever? Maybe. At least George Foreman owned his narcissism) then cash in for all the chips and win a bunch of rings later while Lakers fans cry they lost not just their best players but their birthright championship rings.

I think Bogey and Mike would put the Lakers back in contention. Personally I would hate to facilitate that, and would need the unprotected picks to feel better about myself.

I'm not sure LA/Lebron see it that way. I think the Lakers are being reluctant to trade away those picks, and it feels like Lebron still thinks he can make it work with Westbrook. It might be another situation that has to resolve itself during the season if/when the Lakers get off to a bad start.
The requirement for getting both picks is putting them in contention. As long as they still rely on Street Clothes then they are likely going to fail.

Hoop Collective pod with Windy/Bontemps/McMahon brought up the Jazz and Lakers later in their pod. Basically said it would take both picks to get Bogey/Bev/JC/Mike.... said Bogey can get a first by himself.

Later mentioned the Raps and what they are doing. I think they are prime candidate for a Donovan trade if the Knicks don't want to pony up. Mentioned something I have been curios on still havent signed Koloko why would they do that? Waiting on a trade?

Miami and Dallas are also a couple good teams but have weird windows to do something. If Miami retains Herro they go into serious tax and generally do not pay the tax. Owner is likely getting crushed in the cruise market as well. If we don't move Don there I think a Bogey for Jovic/2023 pick/Duncan could be something they are very interested in. I cant see Miami bringing back Strus, Herro a year from now... not sure where they are going.

Dallas is another team with some cap issues that I think could be interested in a pick+bad salary for a good player move. Bev for Bertans or Hardaway and a first.

I think there will be another big wave of player movement prior to the start of the season.

Just looked at the Lakers Lebron teams vs the Cavs Lebron teams... the Lakers have put some of the worst shooting teams around Lebron... bottom 10ish in attempts/percentages. Cavs teams were polar opposites...

Cavs figured out a very simple formula and Lakers can't seem to figure it out. Put shooters with Lebron and you are a contender. They should be falling over themselves to trade Westbrook and 2 firsts for some combo Bogey/Bev/Mike/Beasley...

Just looked at the Lakers Lebron teams vs the Cavs Lebron teams... the Lakers have put some of the worst shooting teams around Lebron... bottom 10ish in attempts/percentages. Cavs teams were polar opposites...

Cavs figured out a very simple formula and Lakers can't seem to figure it out. Put shooters with Lebron and you are a contender. They should be falling over themselves to trade Westbrook and 2 firsts for some combo Bogey/Bev/Mike/Beasley...
Let’s try this again.

Ainge: (to the lakers) I’ve got Bogey Conley and Pat Bev for Westbric… I mean Westbrook and those two itty bitty firsts you got over there.

Lakers: really??!! Done….. this will save our playoff hopes and make LBJ so happy!! Ummmmm we just need to clear this with the true gm and head of basketball operations LeBron James.

Danny: (muttering under his breath) this will go well.

Lakers (To LBJ) HEY KING, yo!! KING JAMES. We got the perfect offer that will be amazing pieces to put around you for one last championship run!!

James: well spit it out already, so we getting Ky??!!

Lakers management: (looking nervous back at each other in despair) Ummmm……. Not quite, but we’re talking about building a team around you and AD built to win a chip!!

LBJ: so, your bring in a different star? Who?

Lakers management: well, no…… it’s…..

LBJ: (LBJ interrupts) No deal I need stars!! (James walks away)

Ring…Ring… Ring…

Ainge: hello?

Lakers: ummmm it’s us…

Ainge: (interrupts) Let me guess, LBJ said no? Click…..

Lakers: guess we’re running it back with Russ, and another year of getting thrown under the bus by LeBron James (in a defeated manner)

You act like LeBron isn’t calling all the shots on this laker team. Nothing is happening without his approval and nothing has happened on that team without his approval. Why else do you think they had a roster full of geriatric LeBron homies last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's because the Lakers are far more focused on bringing in everyone that is considered to be a "star", and of course Lebron's buddies, rather than what it really takes to win.

Here's why nothing is getting done: Ryan is golfing too much. He played in the Utah Open and shot +3 for two rounds tying Tony Romo and beating a lot of pros. To get that good, he has spent a lot of time at it.

Here's why nothing is getting done: Ryan is golfing too much. He played in the Utah Open and shot +3 for two rounds tying Tony Romo and beating a lot of pros. To get that good, he has spent a lot of time at it.
Ummmm he’s only been the owner for what? Two years give or take? To get that good at golf takes much longer. Not an easy game to pick up that fast.

According to this the Cavs want a promising young player for Sexton that fits on the Garland/Mobley timeline, and obviously the Jazz don't have a guy like that to offer.

The Cavs have had conversations with Dallas about a sign and trade for Collin Sexton. But if you’re talking about a sign-and-trade, the Cavs need something back that is going to be valuable to them. And neither the Jazz nor the Mavericks have the pieces that the Cavs would want back in a sign and trade for Colin.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/08/2...de-with-mavericks-jazz-but-there-was-no-deal/

According to this the Cavs want a promising young player for Sexton that fits on the Garland/Mobley timeline, and obviously the Jazz don't have a guy like that to offer.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/08/2...de-with-mavericks-jazz-but-there-was-no-deal/
What do you mean? Butler isn't good enough for them?

How about Bolmaro?
Or Vanderbilt?

Kessler?
Dok?
NAW?

How about some combination of them?

Beasley's only 25, and Simone's only 26 -- Is that too old?

Maybe we can route Grimes to them when the DM trade gets done?

Just kidding -- kind of. I'm not really that interested in Sexton. But if the Jazz are, I don't think the Jazz are going to be getting especially good value for him. Cavs are in the driver's seat on this one. No reason for them to trade him at this point unless they get a great deal. He can take their (team friendly) offer, or the Cavs get him on the qualifying offer for the year. I don't think they'll be heartbroken if he leave in free agency after a year (they've clearly got a good thing going, and it's not clear how he fits into the picture.)

Jazz may be able to pick him up next year as a free agent if they love him that much.

Last edited: