What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I noticed something interesting on the Jazz official site that Hassan Whiteside is still listed on the roster. Anything to make of this?

I don’t think Beasley’s a perfect fit on this silly timeline but it’s not bad. They need a high-level shooter in that build.
Now that I think of it, I believe Cavs are offering Sexton about $13 million because they reach the luxury tax with any higher offer. So maybe Beasely and his $15.5 million wouldn't work for them.

I noticed something interesting on the Jazz official site that Hassan Whiteside is still listed on the roster. Anything to make of this?
Dovovan is back, baby!

Actually, Whiteside's probably just still listed there since he hasn't yet picked up anywhere else. Don't think it means anything.

Now that I think of it, I believe Cavs are offering Sexton about $13 million because they reach the luxury tax with any higher offer. So maybe Beasely and his $15.5 million wouldn't work for them.
Take back Dylan Windler who appears to be negative salary.

You are going to have to trade 1st round picks to get Sexton. The idea that the Cavs don't value him just because they are penny pinching for value is absurd.

You think you going to get a guy who averaged a decently efficient 24 ppg in his 3rd year for guys like Malik Beasley?

Let's live in reality.

Sexton 100% going to start the year with the Cavs and get traded at a later date unless he goes the QO route
So they going to pay him $20M a year? I think he plays for the QO and hits FA next year unrestricted if he is on the Cavs.

I think it will cost some draft comp of some sort to get him. I might just wait it out though if I was Ainge. We will have cap space obvi.

So they going to pay him $20M a year? I think he plays for the QO and hits FA next year unrestricted if he is on the Cavs.

I think it will cost some draft comp of some sort to get him. I might just wait it out though if I was Ainge. We will have cap space obvi.
I think Sexton is holding out hope something happens that makes a team want to get him.

Maybe he takes the QO but it's a huge risk. I would just take the guaranteed money on the table and try to get less years with a player option.

The QO means he wont get traded and will have to stay in Cleveland all year, and they might not be putting him in the best role to maximize his next contract.

How many of these guys are actually going to be on the roster when the season starts?

View: https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/1561745329728262145

Conley will be. They will try to trade him mid season.

Mitchell won’t be.

Bojan and Clarkson are kinda 50/50. If the Lakers deal goes down there is a good chance both are in that deal, if it doesn’t, then I think Clarkson’s market might be pinched, but I think you could find a decent deal for Bojan without much issue.

I think Sexton is holding out hope something happens that makes a team want to get him.

Maybe he takes the QO but it's a huge risk. I would just take the guaranteed money on the table and try to get less years with a player option.

The QO means he wont get traded and will have to stay in Cleveland all year, and they might not be putting him in the best role to maximize his next contract.
I think the offer on the table is 3/40 and it’s a player option at year three. QO is like 7-8M. It’s a risk but I think he gets 3/40M offer next year even if this year goes poorly. He also almost surely leaves and it’s not a guarantee he stays there… they could move him.

I’m usually a take the money guy but in his situation If it’s 3/40 or QO I would say take the QO and we will get 4/80 or 4/100 next year on the market.

I just don’t view the current Cavs offer as a “we want to keep you and value you” type of offer. I think it’s a “we hope you sign this and become a valuable trade chip for us”.

I’d communicate a ton of interest now and say “look at all this space we have next year… remember us next summer if we can’t figure something else out now.”