What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I also think you could do a Gay/Beasley for Fournier/Toppin plus a first swap. I know certain posters hate Fournier... he's a reclamation project for sure.

I do too. Would you want him instead of a first?
I'd want a swap from the Clips and would probably take Toppin over the ****** protected Wiz first that NY has (I doubt we'd get the Dallas one).

Beasley/Vanderbilt for Rose/Toppin works as well. We could get a pick added and then just buyout Rose.

I'd rather have Hartenstein than Toppin if that's possible
I'm just not worried about a backup 5 at all. Its possible of course. Toppin is mildly intriguing to me. I did look at his pick and roll stats... and you'd think he'd be good there... but he's not great and he's hardly ever done it. Maybe its there but you'd think he'd be a decent roll man. Maybe he just sucks at it.

Can someone tell me why would want to trade Beasley or Vando for players like Kennard?

Why wouldn't we just keep them instead of taking back worse players with no picks?

Can someone tell me why would want to trade Beasley or Vando for players like Kennard?

Why wouldn't we just keep them instead of taking back worse players with no picks?
I can’t. Jazz should still be in asset collection mode right now. They should do everything they can to flip Conley, Clarkson (minus an extension before the deadline), Beasley, Olynyk and Vando for picks or pick swaps. Moving up from the Nets/76ers pick into the late teens/early 20’s should be our priority. I want to maximize their ability to add key rotational players with huge upside starting next year. That way they’re playing at a high level when Lauri hits his prime.

Jazz should really go trade for fvv. He’s only 28. Yea he wants to get paid but he would be fantastic on this Jazz team.
No thanks. He already turned down a 4/$115 mil extension from Toronto which just seems like crazy money. If Ainge were to pursue anyone on the Raps I'd prefer it be Anunoby who is 6'-7" and has another year left on his contract. He would cost a few picks from their warchest.

FVV, OG, Trent Jr, and Clarkson all represented by Klutch Sports and will all get huge contracts.

No thanks. He already turned down a 4/$115 mil extension from Toronto which just seems like crazy money. If Ainge were to pursue anyone on the Raps I'd prefer it be Anunoby who is 6'-7" and has another year left on his contract. He would cost a few picks from their warchest.

FVV, OG, Trent Jr, and Clarkson all represented by Klutch Sports and will all get huge contracts.
The Clarkson/Klutch connection makes me lean towards trading him before the deadline if there’s not an extension worked out and signed. I love JC, but it’s super risky to sign him long therm to big money.

All of the reading between the lines suggests that Collins is positive culture guy who is not meshing with the bad culture the Hawks have cultivated around Trae Young. I don’t think Collins is the ideal 4 of the future, but I’m confident we will receive a better player than the value it takes to get him.

I think the Jazz should be weary about taking on long term money because of the golden window they have with Lauri+Kessler on low numbers, but the cap is clean enough that I would still take a shot at Collins.

I think the Jazz continue to flip assets, gain picks/increase player values than make a splash in either the summer of 25 or 26.

Kessler
Lauri
Siakam/OG (FA)
Star player (trade the farm)
Quickley/Tyus (FA)

That’s a really good team if they can pull it off. Just gotta keep making positive move and keeping 5 in the chamber (first round picks) for when the next disgruntled star wants out.

I don't think NO gets this desperate... but I wonder if Daniels or Herb Jones could be available if we took Grahamn and maybe gave them the Philly pick with Beasley? I think they are high on both guys but both will get squeezed for minutes when Zion is back and long term I don't know how they keep all their guys.
I really doubt it, but if any it would've been Herb Jones. He's just got one year left on his rookie deal, so that's another player they'll need to pay shortly. They'll probably sign EJ Liddell on a cheap next season (2-way now, out with ACL), and they might waive Garret Temple, but they look at luxury tax going forward.