What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I'd love to wind up with one of the Pelicans young forwards if they send one out in an OG deal (Jones or Murphy). But I'm sure lots of teams would line up to fill that slot.

Its not really up to our control... but I could see the OG to NO trade developing. Having OG and Trey Murphy flank Zion and BI is about as ideal as it gets. If they got OG it would be hard to get Herb on the court anyway. I can see Toronto potentially wanting to keep Herb in that deal but also finally realizing having big wings with no shooting isn't it. They may prefer a draft pick. So we step in...

The deal

View attachment 13787
I like that one a lot.

I'd love to wind up with one of the Pelicans young forwards if they send one out in an OG deal (Jones or Murphy). But I'm sure lots of teams would line up to fill that slot.
Murphy ain't going nowhere. He is a lights out shooter and a good defender. The fit with Herb is going to be a bit clunky at times with Zion, BI, and JV. Lots of teams would line up... I doubt anyone would beat an offer of an unprotected Cavs or Wolves pick in 2025. For Toronto getting the Lakers pick in 2024 and the Wolves or Cavs pick in 2025 is going to be better than a deal with Memphis where they get the Grizz 23/25 picks plus the Warriors pick in 2024... and I am not sure the Grizz would go that far. For NO they get a perfect fit in OG... the remove some bad salary in Grahamn (though it doesn't completely get them out of the tax next year) and they give up a piece in Jones that would be marginalized... and one of their future picks.

Hopefully Zion is healthy soon... I think with Zion you have to open up the window now as you don't know what years he will be healthy... so you need the pieces now.

I think its fair... Herb ain't perfect by any means... so interest will be wide but I doubt anyone gets too crazy. Raps just might want to keep him for themselves... so they can continue to have all the 6'9 guys that can't shoot straight.

I like that one a lot.
I do too... obviously. I just think there is like a 10% chance Herb is actually available and that an OG deal happens... and then I'd say the chances that we win that bidding war or are even in on it would reduce the chances of it happening even further.

NO should be desperate though. They are like 3-17 in their last 20... I mean I know they have had injuries but damn.

Chris Haynes said in Marc Steins podcast that Minnesota and Charlotte are after Bones Hyland.

Charlotte makes sense... but what is Minnesota doing? Scrambling?

They also discussed our interest in DFS, and Stein said his impression is that we are not chasing the guy like crazy or anything, but definitely interested in him. Chris Haynes was about to add to that but the podcast got cut off due to a phonecall and they didn't remember to return to the subject.

DFS discussion starts at 6:00

View: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-2-bones-hyland-update-og-anunoby-rumors-a/id1668189953?i=1000597709712

Chris Haynes said in Marc Steins podcast that Minnesota and Charlotte are after Bones Hyland.

They also discussed our interest in DFS, and Stein said his impression is that we are not chasing the guy like crazy or anything, but definitely interested in him. Chris Haynes was about to add to that but the podcast got cut off due to a phonecall and they didn't remember to return to the subject.
Minnesota's current GM drafted him. I don't get it either unless they trade Russell.

Minnesota's current GM drafted him. I don't get it either unless they trade Russell.
Its because Denver is interested in Naz and they want to get something before he walks. LOL at Bones for being terrible on a good team and wanting a bigger role. Sounds like a fun guy.

View: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-2-bones-hyland-update-og-anunoby-rumors-a/id1668189953?i=1000597709712

Charlotte kinda makes sense... maybe Bones could be what Bouknight was supposed to.

I want better picks this year. If that means trading away good players and/or taking on bad salary for it to happen. . . then hopefully they do that.

Bones makes a ton of sense on Minny. Might not work, but he's going to be super cheap the next 2.5 years, which is something Minny needs. Cant really afford much else. Also of course Tim Connelly is the dude who drafted Bones...

Bones makes a ton of sense on Minny. Might not work, but he's going to be super cheap the next 2.5 years, which is something Minny needs. Cant really afford much else. Also of course Tim Connelly is the dude who drafted Bones...
It works great for us too... since Naz now is a much better player when it comes to winning now. Bones can expand his role and really explore the space in Minny.

Heat interested in KO apparently. I just think Duncan Robinson is going to be a Jazzman at some point here and we all need to be cool with it. We can fix him... it will be a comeback/redemption story for the ages.

Andy Larsen reiterated he doesnt think the Jazz think of Sexton of being the future starting PG of the Utah Jazz in his podcast today.

Andy Larsen reiterated he doesnt think the Jazz think of Sexton of being the future starting PG of the Utah Jazz in his podcast today.
I think it requires a PG like Anthony Black to start Sexton... but he is more of a 2 guard. We would just need some passing/playmaking out of the wing and it could work. He's also improving but may never be cerebral enough for Hardy. I'd at least like to see it for 10-15 games solid and see what it looks like.

I do too... obviously. I just think there is like a 10% chance Herb is actually available and that an OG deal happens... and then I'd say the chances that we win that bidding war or are even in on it would reduce the chances of it happening even further.

NO should be desperate though. They are like 3-17 in their last 20... I mean I know they have had injuries but damn.
The national guys make it sound like Herb should be available. Some were spinning him off in a Beasley package. He's really a luxury in NO when they need shooting.

I don't think Sexton is the PG of the future. I still would rather him start at PG the rest of the season than whatever extra wins we get from Conley. Playing time should be seen as an asset.

The national guys make it sound like Herb should be available. Some were spinning him off in a Beasley package. He's really a luxury in NO when they need shooting.
I mean if we can do it for Beasley and take back Grahamn I'd be all over that. Give em the Philly pick to make it happen too.

Larsen brought it up like 3 times that the Jazz arent high on Sexton.

Says one of Utah's goals at the deadline might be getting assets with more long-term control so they can flip them.

Also he said again that Utah promised Bogey they would trade him. Probably the most outright matter of fact way he has stated that to date.