What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Can someone please explain what we see in McDaniels? By the stats test, he generally falls short of Vanderbilt (also more than a year older). Sure, he'll shoot more 3s, but he doesn't make them at a particularly good rate. Do we think he's the same caliber defender as his brother is?

Oh, there is a ton out of Toronto that I would want. Especially after watching them play I'm convinced they are hoarding a ton of the players that everyone should want. Having that type of player doesn't work when it's all you have, but they could make other teams great. They just aren't balanced at all, and maybe some of their players aren't really learning how to play NBA basketball.
I've watched them like 5 times recently and every time I am just like "what the hell even is this". Wouldn't surprise me if like Malachi Flynn went somewhere and was good because his new team is normal. I can't decide if it makes guys like Barnes or Siakham over/under or properly rated.

Can someone please explain what we see in McDaniels? By the stats test, he generally falls short of Vanderbilt (also more than a year older). Sure, he'll shoot more 3s, but he doesn't make them at a particularly good rate. Do we think he's the same caliber defender as his brother is?
Good wing defender. Better shooter than Vando. He's a solid long wing who is also like 25.

Vando is not a good defender... he is just a high effort defender. Also there may be more to uncover in a better environment.

It seems like its always the guys in the "not worth a first, but worth more than a couple seconds" bucket are the hardest to trade. Its the reason Eric Gordon will always be a Rocket and Terrence Ross will always be on the Magic.

I've watched them like 5 times recently and every time I am just like "what the hell even is this". Wouldn't surprise me if like Malachi Flynn went somewhere and was good because his new team is normal. I can't decide if it makes guys like Barnes or Siakham over/under or properly rated.
Yeah, I don't think they are doing themselves any favors if they are trying to be sellers. On the other hand I can't see Ujiri giving anything up at a discount, so they might be pretty difficult to work with.

I've read A LOT or trade articles over the past 2 weeks or so..... and honestly, it all just feels like smoke. I would be more surprised if like a third of these 'trade rumors' happened than almost none at all.

Good wing defender. Better shooter than Vando. He's a solid long wing who is also like 25.

Vando is not a good defender... he is just a high effort defender. Also there may be more to uncover in a better environment.
He's always struck me as a guy that on a good team should be like 8th - 10th in the rotation, at best. Vando probably fits the same bill.

Unless you're pretty confident that you have a really high quality defender and/or that his shot will be better than it has been, it seems a little like shuffling the deck chairs to me. Gain a little shooting volume and maybe defense, lose a little rebounding and passing. I guess he does offer minutes down a position or a half as a potential wing defender.

I've read A LOT or trade articles over the past 2 weeks or so..... and honestly, it all just feels like smoke. I would be more surprised if like a third of these 'trade rumors' happened than almost none at all.
Stuff will happen, but a lot of time what gets reported is the conversations that happened a while ago and are already dead.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal happen that comes completely out of left field, one that hasn't talked about or reported on at all.

"KO has gotta go" "KO has gotta go" "KO has gotta go"

We should have tried to sell high when he was really contributing at the first of the year.

He's always struck me as a guy that on a good team should be like 8th - 10th in the rotation, at best. Vando probably fits the same bill.

Unless you're pretty confident that you have a really high quality defender and/or that his shot will be better than it has been, it seems a little like shuffling the deck chairs to me. Gain a little shooting volume and maybe defense, lose a little rebounding and passing. I guess he does offer minutes down a position or a half as a potential wing defender.
I think he is pretty good on that end. Vando is not... though he tries hard. If Jalen improves a bit as a shooter and tightens up his handle/decision making... then he is a great wing. I just think that position is always going to have a premium attached to it. Ochai is more a 2 than a 3 but we could try him out there instead.

I also think you take a guy out of basketball purgatory and in our free flowing offense and you may discover some things... they may not all be good discoveries. I just think if you tighten up the perimeter defense that the rim protection Walker and Lauri provide is going to make us a pretty solid defense.

He's one of those guys that the idea is better than the actual player... but worth a gamble.

Its clickbate time of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal happen that comes completely out of left field, one that hasn't talked about or reported on at all.
There are always one or two "wuuuuuuuuuttttt" trades. Tyrese and Domas last year. Zinger too. I would think it comes from Bulls Wiz or Raptors just blowing it up if we get a good one.

They can extend him this summer.
Right, but can they offer good money? I thought extensions were limited based on current salary and stuff, but probably different with rookies. Guess I have to read up on the salary cap FAQ (but I won't, sadly). (Now I started, and holy hell this is complex matter.)

Right, but can they offer good money? I thought extensions were limited based on current salary and stuff, but probably different with rookies. Guess I have to read up on the salary cap FAQ (but I won't, sadly). (Now I started, and holy hell this is complex matter.)
They should be able to offer enough he bites. Think it’s like 4/60m+ they can offer. If not he’s restricted so they are fine.