What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Mavs decreased their depth and increased their volatility.

Maybe it works out, but maybe the Mavs just expedited how quickly **** hits the fan.

Nothing to suggest? It could not be more obvious that Ben Simmons is struggling from a mental standpoint. I do not think it is debatable. He would absolutely benefit from being away from headlines and this is the exact reason why he wanted this before being traded from Brooklyn. You are right. Players are not a spreadsheet. They are human beings and if you can’t see the human/mental element in Ben Simmons current situation you are being willfully ignorant.

Ben Simmons is obviously not the prize of trade anyways. If we are able to swap out older/expiring contracts and turn it into a premium pick we should do it.

Many here would be dancing if we paid someone $47M to not play basketball at all and trade away many “liked” players because it meant getting picks. Miss me with this concern.
He's been away from the headlines for a bit now. He doesnt get that much attention in Brooklyn anymore.

Beautiful
Someone tell me what this mean
This is LBJ being a bitch and thinking the universe should bow to him but doesn’t. And the funny thing is the Lakers would’ve had DeRozen if not for LBJ interjecting himself into management and making them trade for Westbrook. So while he’s trying to play the hero as the victim, he’s really the bad guy in all of this, he made that bed and now has to lay in it. It’s all too perfect. Hollywood couldn’t write a better script.

If the nets did suspect any kind of collusion from LA I can see why they would refuse to trade Kyrie there.
Even if they didn't suspect collusion I don't think they wanted to send him to his preferred destination.

But ultimately they chose 1 FRP, a starting PG, and a rotational wing over two young dudes, Westbrook, and 2 FRP.

Even if they didn't suspect collusion I don't think they wanted to send him to his preferred destination.

But ultimately they chose 1 FRP, a starting PG, and a rotational wing over two young dudes, Westbrook, and 2 FRP.

The two players they got were probably worth a first round pick, TBH. This way they don't have dead salary, they pry back Irving's salary slot instead of letting it expire with Westbrook, and, if they want, they could actually go shopping with that pick if they feel they have any remaining holes.

The two players they got were probably worth a first round pick, TBH. This way they don't have dead salary, they pry back Irving's salary slot instead of letting it expire with Westbrook, and, if they want, they could actually go shopping with that pick if they feel they have any remaining holes.
I agree those two help them this year and if it keeps KD happy you can't really put a price on that. I think there are a lot of teams that would give up a FRP for Dinwiddie, maybe DFS as well.

Ya I could call that especially once you knew LA offered both picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you rather have Westbrook, Reeves, and Christie or DFS/Dinwiddie when you have a chance to win a championship this season and you have to keep KD engaged ROS?

Taking back Dinwiddie/DFS also cut the Nets luxury tax bill by $29M, taking back Westbrook would've increased it.

Is there anyone that can look me in the eye and tell me that Dallas is a contender right now? Who the hell is playing defense on that team? Luka an Kyrie could score 40 a night each and they are still going to lose a lot of games.
Probably not but the West is wide open and that's probably the cheapest and only way they were going to acquire an All NBA level talent like Kyrie.

Probably not but the West is wide open and that's probably the cheapest and only way they were going to acquire an All NBA level talent like Kyrie.

Man I'd kill for a brand new Camaro, however, I am not going to pick up the one on the lot currently engulfed in flames no matter how steep the discount is. . .

In order to avoid the playoffs, the Jazz need to offload talent for picks or unproven. I'd be surprised in Curry even returns this year. Jazz could probably just bumble their way into a sixth seed.

Would you rather have Westbrook, Reeves, and Christie or DFS/Dinwiddie when you have a chance to win a championship this season and you have to keep KD engaged ROS?

Taking back Dinwiddie/DFS also cut the Nets luxury tax bill by $29M, taking back Westbrook would've increased it.

Ya that’s true… LA is more disappointed by the day with what RW and two picks will get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a contending team would you rather have Dinwiddie and DFS or Westbrook and their 2027 unprotected first? That’s what it really boils down too. They also saved a LOT of money on their tax bill where as taking Westbrook would have added to it.