What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I'm not very high on any of the 2023 free agents to be honest. I'd rather use our cap space and some of our bevy of picks to trade for players if we can. Ideally we'll be able to trade for another star player to pair with Lauri.
The only way we're adding another star is in the draft or via trade.

We're 2 games out of 6th in the lottery and y'all are complaining about tanking and also don't think that we're going to terrible the rest of the way? lol This team is going to be god awful ROS.

Where did you get 13th?
Was literally the place we were in before we lost last night
And I'm being a realist. Rather than ending up with the 6th seed, 7/8 is what happens most often. With 7/8 seed you end up with with the 8/9 pick most often. With the 8/9 pick you're rarely getting an All-Star.
Okay we land 7/8 and not 6th...fine.
Saying, at every turn, that the 8th has a chance to go top 4 is hopelessly optimistic.
Saying it has a chance at going top 4 is literally a statement of fact. I did not say it will land top 4.
Any evidence for this?
NBA trade history... do your own research. Also if we want to tank next year the best time to move Lauri is on draft night this year... when we can trade with certainty of the pick we are receiving.
Because the Jazz have to undertake all the teams that are catchable. The Pacers are definitely not trending up, quite the opposite. Maybe Porzingis turns his ankle, maybe Dame breaks his wrist. Undertaking 1-2 teams can be pretty simple. Undertaking half a dozen teams means everything has to go right (wrong?) for that to happen.
You clearly do not pay attention. Pacers just got Halliburton back. Him being out is the reason they were down there in the first place. Yes 1-2 teams may hit a snag... but there are no teams that unloaded as much on court value as we just did... and everyone is within a game or two of each other. #6 is optimistic but not "hopelessly" optimistic. If you land 7 or 8 you have a much better chance at jumping into the top 4 than where we currently sit.

I understand nothing is guaranteed at any draft spot... there is a big value difference between 8 and 13 which allows you to have more options at your disposal in trade or with who you pick. If you think "ho hum draft picks in the 10-14 range are just as good as 6-8" then you can move back and likely get another pick in that range for your trouble.

The only "star" level players that seem like they could be traded anytime soon are Jaylen Brown, Trae Young, and an maybe but unlikely Luka if things implode in Dallas.

I would pass on Trae, but the other two would definitely interest me. The Suns likely have a short window due to CP3 and Durant's age, so Booker could possibly become available in a couple of years.

The only "star" level players that seem like they could be traded anytime soon are Jaylen Brown, Trae Young, and an maybe but unlikely Luka if things implode in Dallas.
Take this as only joking, cause i don't really fancy him, but KAT problably gonna be traded in the near future to reshape the Wolves around Edwards, and we could offer them their picks, but actually protect them. Imagine having your own pick, but if It is top5, It goes for another team.

If we win the lottery, let’s go ahead and make a move for Jaylen Brown as our third guy (with the other stuff).

Take this as only joking, cause i don't really fancy him, but KAT problably gonna be traded in the near future to reshape the Wolves around Edwards, and we could offer them their picks, but actually protect them. Imagine having your own pick, but if It is top5, It goes for another team.
How does KAT fit with Lauri / Kessler though?

I don’t know why every national media writer and outlet keeps giving us an A for the deal. I’ve been told by 99% of the people on here how bad it was.
All the "analysts" and talking heads are armchair GM's at heart. That's why. They like "shrewd", tactical moves that go against the wishes of the smelly hordes of ordinary fans who like to see their team go to the playoffs and win.

That's pretty much all there is.

Ever seen one of these guys give props to a team taking the "We know we have no shot at contending but we're gonna see what kind of noise we can make in the playoffs" route?

Yeah, thought so.