What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Hearsky

Lonzo is like a 1 of 1 player. You arent going to find defensive 1st guards w/ plus size who can play either guard spot, make your teammates better on both ends, shoot volume 3s at a high percentage, can defend multiple positions, make your team play faster ,etc.

Giving up late first and gambling on his health is a bargain if it's on the table. I doubt it is.
A healthy Ball would be a great compliment to Sexton. He would have been perfect fit for DM.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I'm not really saying he is bad, I just didnt really enjoy watching him.
I'm not sure what you definition of mid is... but Bogey is a really good starter level player. Beasley is a solid starter level player. JC is a great sixth man. Vando is a solid starter in the right scenario. Not saying lakers would be the favorites.... everything hangs on Lebron and AD's health... but that team gives them the best shot they will have to win a title in the next 7-8 years? 10-12 years?

Playing scared and punting on Lebron/AD would be a huge mistake imo. Especially because they wouldn't even get the draft rewards of it failing.

whatthe

Bojan, Beasley, Gay, Vando, Two Picks. Why do those words keep poping into my head? Is that a magical phrase? A new pop song?

NUMBERICA

He had the shortcut surgery... where they trim/remove the meniscus. Sexton had the repair long-term surgery (longer recovery time but better long-term). Now has to have a surgery to remove debris... I am actually talking myself out of it completely.
I just can’t wrap my head around getting the shortcut surgery. I just can’t.

I also can’t wrap my head around someone prognosticating concern about Sexton’s knee when he did the smart thing and being like “lmao Ball is fine” when he did the dumb thing ON TOP OF his previous spotty history.

I probably still do the trade just on the chance he can get back in TWO YEARS, but you don’t do it unless you’re prepared to allocate $70 million in cap for nothing. Like, does he need to have some **** pulled off a cadaver? That’s the kind of area this might go; sketchy or unproven practices.

NUMBERICA

I just can’t wrap my head around getting the shortcut surgery. I just can’t.

I also can’t wrap my head around someone prognosticating concern about Sexton’s knee when he did the smart thing and being like “lmao Ball is fine” when he did the dumb thing ON TOP OF his previous spotty history.

I probably still do the trade just on the chance he can get back in TWO YEARS, but you don’t do it unless you’re prepared to allocate $70 million in cap for nothing. Like, does he need to have some **** pulled off a cadaver? That’s the kind of area this might go; sketchy or unproven practices.
If this last thing didn’t do the trick, then yeah, you CAN replace meniscus, but return to strenuous activity takes a year (and there’s always the risk that it doesn’t quite do the trick).

I don’t think any part of that aligns with the Bulls’ objectives.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Also it’s kind of funny the Lakers acting like those two picks should bet them a star or some ****. Those picks are very valuable but it cost Atlanta two unprotected picks, a swap, and another conditional first to get Murray. They also weren’t dumping a monster 1 deal that is onerous.

Caris Levert, Jerami Grant, Kevin Huerter… are all mid players that got 1 pick. Giving 3 mid players, saving them serious money is in the ball park of 2 picks. If Jazz are willing to throw in Vando then i think it’s definitely worth 2 picks.

There other option is to burn a **** ton of money this year on a play in team… provide a miserable experience, and burn a year of AD and Lebron… and for what? To have space? Are you trading an expiring AD and Lebron to rebuild when NO owns your pick in 24 or 25… they get to choose? Are you going to bottom out and preserve picks or try and push them all in for a star?

1663807868660.gif
1663807886214.gif