What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I wonder if the Suns make a Bogey trade to deflect from the Sarver noise? Maybe they just want to lay low. NBA releasing their decision the week football starts is some nice PR work... should have waited until friday afternoon though.

I wonder if the Suns make a Bogey trade to deflect from the Sarver noise? Maybe they just want to lay low. NBA releasing their decision the week football starts is some nice PR work... should have waited until friday afternoon though.

I wonder if it gives James Jones a little more freedom to do some things.

I'm not particularly excited about Bolmaro... fine with keeping him... but I wonder if you could swing a Bolmaro/NAW deal to Indiana or SA and just have them absorb them into cap space. Maybe you could do the same thing with JB (though I'm still not selling my JB stock). Would give us some breathing room from the tax and alleviate the roster crunch. Johnson to Boston seems like something that should happen... I think we'd like to keep a roster spot open to churn a few prospects and find some gold maybe.

I wonder if it gives James Jones a little more freedom to do some things.
Don't know how this works now.... I do know I went to pickup this AM and one of my buddies who is a Suns fan was super geeked about the prospect of adding Bogey. I told him hes crazy underrated and he should be excited if it happens.

Don't know how this works now.... I do know I went to pickup this AM and one of my buddies who is a Suns fan was super geeked about the prospect of adding Bogey. I told him hes crazy underrated and he should be excited if it happens.

This is a little off topic but it reminded me of something I wanted to say earlier. The amount of NBA fans that have no idea how **** works is kind of mind blowing to me. That is probably the norm but there are Heat fans saying Bogey isn’t worth Robinson and a 1st because they’re similar players… like no mother****ers they aren’t similar and you’d be lucky for a deal like that. I don’t think people understand negative contracts and things of that sort.

That is what separates us and this place from others though. High quality (majority of the time) discussion and understanding.

I also wondered if Bolmaro is someone the Jazz are valuing highly or if he might be someone they use to maybe offload NAW or Gay (a bit optimistic but who knows).

For what its worth I had a dream Gay got traded and I was surprised it was for like an expiring deal and nothing else attached... so my dreams are about pointless nba trades... boo....
Handlogten... who are you kidding. You are constantly having Gay dreams.

Tony once again alluding to the Jazz being hesitant to trade Clarkson.

View: https://twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba/status/1570135173467111425

I read the tweet and immediately thought of JC.

I mean, his trade value isn't great so we may as well keep him. He'd be good for the tank as well.

Bogie has good value and I think a contender is going to want him; he's definitely worth a first and some change, even if for but one season.

I think Conley is going to be tougher to move and if it happens we won't exactly like what we get in return.

If we get a lightly protected PDX first, I think you do that and call it a day.
They owe a lotto protected pick that goes out a few years... I'd maybe wait until the trade deadline unless they amend the protections on that pick. But I do agree.

I think the Jazz and Lakers are in the trenches of PR/leverage warfare. Much like the Knicks deal that didn’t end up happening, the stare down is a free tactic until training camp. We’ll see what happens as we get nearer.

I have my doubts that Danny’s gonna be able to even land stars in a trade in their supposed plan cuz the dude just cultivates grievance and it’s easy to miss out when good faith is in short supply.
I mean I don't think Danny is hated by other executives they will deal with him because he pretty much will sell anything for the right price, it just means that the price may be a little more expensive. He's the NBA equivillant of Walgreens when you need that second tier SG at 3 in the morning.

View: https://twitter.com/highkin/status/1570169638302121990

So either Dame wants Porty to trade for Vando or he coming to Utah!!!!

Not really a rumor per se but thought it was super random and worth noting here. I think Vando is worth a pick and I'd prolly cash in but I don't think we are going to sell him right now.

Vanderbilt is exactly what we lacked the last couple of years as a verstatile, switchable, athletic 6'9 wing/forward. I'd just keep him especially since he's making peanuts.