What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Conley, Beasley, and Gay
for
Westbrook, a top 1 pick protected 2027 1st and any 2nd rounders they can give

Cut Westbrook, play the youth. Create much more cap space for next summer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
I don't think they throw in one first for that... proposed that type of deal earlier but made it a 23 swap and seconds. They own the worse of their pick or NO... we could swap with the Philly/BKN pick or the Minny pick in that scenario... so likely would move one pick up a bit maybe?

I think we could get one pick by doing Mike, KO, Beasley... maybe? Maybe it'd have to be JC instead of Mike. Those picks should have fairly high value curious if they part with one or both at some point.

I don't think DA or JZ would move Lauri for those picks. I think Miami could be an interesting suitor for Lauri if he was available. If you could figure out a non-Lauri move that gets us a Lakers pick that is what I would do as Lauri by himself might net a couple picks from Miami if you really wanted to move him for some reason.... like if the front office isn't completely sold on him or him fitting our timeline.

I think we are being uber flexible and opportunistic but I think Lauri "popping" is likely a thing they are happy with and want to keep developing. I don't think its a true sell high proposition as I think it is more real than fake. None of his injury issues are things I think will linger. I think he's shown an ability to be productive in the past. The thing that has stuck out to me is competing on contested rebounds... he seems to come away with one or two rebounds a night that I didn't think he could get... and he seems to move really well. I thought he was a soft turnstile and have been surprised to be wrong.

Markkanen is my new favorite jazz man but their 27th and 29th picks should be lottery picks. Possible low lottery
Lebron will be long gone by that point. They wouldn't have any picks to improve their roster. They would probably need to get extremely lucky in FA in order to avoid those picks being high lottery.

Ainge could potentially flip them for a 2nd star too if he gets lucky and drafts a franchise player.

Tough call. I don't think there's any way Lakers are giving up unprotected picks for the Jazz trash (you can fill in the usual suspect names) no matter how bad it gets in LA. Lauri would be the guy who can come in and help them win games but have doubts Ainge would pull the trigger on that.

Conley, Beasley, and Gay
for
Westbrook, a top 1 pick protected 2027 1st and any 2nd rounders they can give

Cut Westbrook, play the youth. Create much more cap space for next summer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Ya i like this better

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think DA or JZ would move Lauri for those picks. I think Miami could be an interesting suitor for Lauri if he was available. If you could figure out a non-Lauri move that gets us a Lakers pick that is what I would do as Lauri by himself might net a couple picks from Miami if you really wanted to move him for some reason.... like if the front office isn't completely sold on him or him fitting our timeline.

I think we are being uber flexible and opportunistic but I think Lauri "popping" is likely a thing they are happy with and want to keep developing. I don't think its a true sell high proposition as I think it is more real than fake. None of his injury issues are things I think will linger. I think he's shown an ability to be productive in the past. The thing that has stuck out to me is competing on contested rebounds... he seems to come away with one or two rebounds a night that I didn't think he could get... and he seems to move really well. I thought he was a soft turnstile and have been surprised to be wrong.

Ya i like lauri a lot. I love his size, athleticism, and skillset. He is the total package at the position.

I rescind my previous “yes” answer to trading him to LA for 2 picks. Thats a tough one but lauri is kind of the prototype 4 or small ball 5 in todays nba.

Lol we ain't trading Lauri...
I think this is true. I think he is one of the last guy's I'd expect to get moved but if Ainge is all in on the tank (I don't think he is) then Lauri would have tremendous value and using him as trade bait makes us tanktastic.

Ya i like lauri a lot. I love his size, athleticism, and skillset. He is the total package at the position.

I rescind my previous “yes” answer to trading him to LA for 2 picks. Thats a tough one but lauri is kind of the prototype 4 or small ball 5 in todays nba.

And he has the potential to be somewhat Embiid-esque, or Embiid-light. He is rebounding and fighting for boards like a true 5, but with range and a strong offensive skill-set, and has proven to be effective on D, while not spectacular of course. The most complete big man we have had since Malone realistically. I really hope we hold onto him and add a franchise player into the mix, and that would be a heck of a recipe for success down the road.

Lebron will be long gone by that point. They wouldn't have any picks to improve their roster. They would probably need to get extremely lucky in FA in order to avoid those picks being high lottery.
They will have either their own or the Pelicans' pick in '23 + their own in either '24 or '25 (Pelicans get their '24 pick, but can choose to defer to '25) and in '26, so it's not like they have nothing. They just don't have a lot to trade.

With the Lakers being in the number 1 free agent market in the nba and having the ability to set themselves up with an insane amount of capspace by 2027 I don't value those picks the way some of you do. If we can get one of those picks for Conley, Clarkson and Olynyk or Beasley then I would do it but I don't want to throw in any piece that could be part of our future core.

With the Lakers being in the number 1 free agent market in the nba and having the ability to set themselves up with an insane amount of capspace by 2027 I don't value those picks the way some of you do. If we can get one of those picks for Conley, Clarkson and Olynyk or Beasley then I would do it but I don't want to throw in any piece that could be part of our future core.

I don't know, before getting Lebron and AD they went through a 6 year playoff drought that included finishing 14th in the west 3 times and 15th once. Not saying I would trade Lauri for those picks, but I would at least have to give it some thought. There's a chance those picks could be very valuable.

I don't know, before getting Lebron and AD they went through a 6 year playoff drought that included finishing 14th in the west 3 times and 15th once. Not saying I would trade Lauri for those picks, but I would at least have to give it some thought. There's a chance those picks could be very valuable.
right. the lakers have had some very lean years recently. it's not as if they just snap their fingers and become contenders at will. they had six losing seasons in a row in the mid to late 2010s and 7 out of their last 9 have been losing seasons.

They have also been in the lotto with Lebron… twice. Their management is a full fledged dumpster fire.

FA has also changed a lot. Players sign their extensions and lock in security then go searching for a new team that can trade for them if they are disgruntled. Some all stars get to FA and a couple super duper stars like KD and Kawhi hit FA and changed teams… but whiff on the few superstars and you end up with a bottom feeder real quick.

Honestly the only move that really needs to be made to make this team complete *** is trade Kelly Olynyk. He is probably our MVP currently.

Honestly the only move that really needs to be made to make this team complete *** is trade Kelly Olynyk. He is probably our MVP currently.
He's been good and because of our positional depth at center I think you might be right, but would it surprise you to know the two worst regular rotation guys according to on/off splits are THT and KO? Was kinda shocked on KO.

He's been good and because of our positional depth at center I think you might be right, but would it surprise you to know the two worst regular rotation guys according to on/off splits are THT and KO? Was kinda shocked on KO.
KO is also our leader in BPM. I just think KO makes the Jazz a very unique team that's hard to guard. Without him we are a lot less diverse and easier to guard. Plus KO is dirty as **** so he gives us that dirtball edge.

Kessler/Udoka would have days where they get absolutely cooked by the NBA and we would lose a ton of games.

I will say KO has been pleasantly surprising. He’s the type of player you ****ing hate if you plays against him but love if he’s on your team.