What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I'm not enthused about any of the trades we have been linked in if you will tbh.

I trust DA mind, just saying me personally not all that excited about the moves we are being linked with.

I'm not enthused about any of the trades we have been linked in if you will tbh.

I trust DA mind, just saying me personally not all that excited about the moves we are being linked with.
Biggest issue is that basically all of our potential trade partners are teams looking to add vets to try and make a run so they're not in position to give up good young talent.

Conley/Clarkson/KO for Westbrook and their 2027/2029 unprotected firsts works salary wise.
I'd love it but unfortunately I think the Lakers going all in this season ship has sailed. There are reports that LeBron is preparing to force his way out this summer.

Conley/Clarkson/KO for Westbrook and their 2027/2029 unprotected firsts works salary wise.

Lots of combinations that work…I still don’t think we get both at the end of the day. But maybe there’s a package that is lesser and gets one pick?

Conley/KO/Gay for example. But I’m sure they have their eyes on Clarkson/Beasley.

I would heavily prioritize a Lakers pick over late first rounders we might pick up for Beasley.

Hmm may a
Lots of combinations that work…I still don’t think we get both at the end of the day. But maybe there’s a package that is lesser and gets one pick?

Conley/KO/Gay for example. But I’m sure they have their eyes on Clarkson/Beasley.

I would heavily prioritize a Lakers pick over late first rounders we might pick up for Beasley.
The whole league is in love with the Lakers picks. They will probably reset quickly and the picks will be garbage or average, but it is the belief in those picks that makes them valuable.

Hmm may a

The whole league is in love with the Lakers picks. They will probably reset quickly and the picks will be garbage or average, but it is the belief in those picks that makes them valuable.
Go look at their non Lebron history over the past 10-13 or so years. Hell even when they had Lebron and AD they dipped to the lottery. They are a dumpster fire of a front office and ownership group. More likeable than dunces like Dolan but trust me… there are no guarantees Lakers reload and are awesome. Those picks are gems.

Boogie was a desperate man by that time. Let's not act he was some Boogie whisperer
Ummm… he’s the only coach that got through to Boogie in Sacramento guy. He very much was the Boogie whisperer when Boogie was at the height of his douchery

Go look at their non Lebron history over the past 10-13 or so years. Hell even when they had Lebron and AD they dipped to the lottery. They are a dumpster fire of a front office and ownership group. More likeable than dunces like Dolan but trust me… there are no guarantees Lakers reload and are awesome. Those picks are gems.
Maybe, and there is a good chance you are right, but if the salary cap explodes then it favors the Lakers to add talent quickly. History is a good teacher, but it is not always correct.

Yes, no NBA player who has ever succeeded has clashed with a coach or been upset at a role.
The list of ****** players that clashed this hard with coaches in their first 3 years that turned out to be awesome is super long.

One Lakers unprotected pick in 27 or 29 should be valued at about 2.5-3 protected firsts. Russ is viewed as a negative contract but for us that giant cap cleaning contract leaves us in a pretty great spot to add more later.

I had totally given up on this type of scenario... so of course another rumor pops up. Imma pretend I didn't see it.

Yeah but there will always be big name stars that want the glitz and glitter of hollywood in their career. They all view the Lakers as basketball Nirvana, where great players have their greatest years, and make the absolute most money. So there will always be a line of players waiting to get into LA. It is one of the things I hate most about the sport. Name one other sport with a destination like that, maybe the Yankees? That's about it. It is a real black mark on the NBA imo.

Yeah but there will always be big name stars that want the glitz and glitter of hollywood in their career. They all view the Lakers as basketball Nirvana, where great players have their greatest years, and make the absolute most money. So there will always be a line of players waiting to get into LA. It is one of the things I hate most about the sport. Name one other sport with a destination like that, maybe the Yankees? That's about it. It is a real black mark on the NBA imo.
there will not... and you are wrong. Lakers drafted in the top 2 like 3 out of 4 years. They were turned down by a **** ton of dudes. Even last year they gave up a top 10 pick. Without Lebron the Lakers are the west coast Knicks.

We don't have to pretend these things could happen... just literally look back a few years. They are not big spenders, would have no draft assets... they'd have a clogged cap. Their current stars are going to be finished at that point. Those picks are among the most bankable in the league. Why wouldn't ownership just send them out ages ago? They know how good those picks could be... that's why.

FA is not as awesome as it used to be... teams lock into guys more and more through extensions.

One Lakers unprotected pick in 27 or 29 should be valued at about 2.5-3 protected firsts. Russ is viewed as a negative contract but for us that giant cap cleaning contract leaves us in a pretty great spot to add more later.

I had totally given up on this type of scenario... so of course another rumor pops up. Imma pretend I didn't see it.

Your first point is why I thought it was so hard to get done in the first place. Expiring salary and 5-6 first round picks is a hell of a package.

I still think it will be difficult to get both. But one pick is maybe doable? If we can toss Rudy Gay in there, it's a nice bonus. I'd be willing to give up Conley/Clarkson/Gay for one of those picks.

In some kind of bizzaro world, I would not mind watching the Jazz run out the last 30 games starting WB/Ochai in the backcourt lol.

there will not... and you are wrong. Lakers drafted in the top 2 like 3 out of 4 years. They were turned down by a **** ton of dudes. Even last year they gave up a top 10 pick. Without Lebron the Lakers are the west coast Knicks.

We don't have to pretend these things could happen... just literally look back a few years. They are not big spenders, would have no draft assets... they'd have a clogged cap. Their current stars are going to be finished at that point. Those picks are among the most bankable in the league. Why wouldn't ownership just send them out ages ago? They know how good those picks could be... that's why.

FA is not as awesome as it used to be... teams lock into guys more and more through extensions.
Time will tell, won't it. History tends to repeat itself.

Your first point is why I thought it was so hard to get done in the first place. Expiring salary and 5-6 first round picks is a hell of a package.

I still think it will be difficult to get both. But one pick is maybe doable? If we can toss Rudy Gay in there, it's a nice bonus. I'd be willing to give up Conley/Clarkson/Gay for one of those picks.

In some kind of bizzaro world, I would not mind watching the Jazz run out the last 30 games starting WB/Ochai in the backcourt lol.
JC is the one I'd like to keep if possible if we are getting only one pick. If they will give two they can take the combo they want.

Another thing that makes a trade more possible right now is they can put the pick they own this year in a swap... now NO and LA are in the same relative spot... so swapping the Philly pick with the worse of the NO or LA pick might be pretty nice. So if its JC and we get one pick plus a swap... I could get down with that.

Time will tell, won't it. History tends to repeat itself.
As Kobe faded they had 4 years where they failed to break the 27 win plateau. Even after getting Lebron they were still mid 30s in wins. I would feel pretty safe thinking that story could repeat... and they won't have the picks to reload.

As Kobe faded they had 4 years where they failed to break the 27 win plateau. Even after getting Lebron they were still mid 30s in wins. I would feel pretty safe thinking that story could repeat... and they won't have the picks to reload.
....and added another ring in the mix. On top of adding the top talent maybe the NBA has ever known. They botched the team around him, but he still went. There will always be players that want to play in LA.

Everyone paints the Lakers as the free agent destination but they whiffed on basically every big FA in between Shaq/LeBron.

....and added another ring in the mix. On top of adding the top talent maybe the NBA has ever known. They botched the team around him, but he still went. There will always be players that want to play in LA.
I think the main reason LeBron signed there was because he recognized they had the young talent to make a move for another star player, just like when he returned to Cleveland.