What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I can't believe trading Lauri is even a discussion after the season he just had. I honestly didn't see this coming.
It’s not. The only substance of that article is the writer asking themselves hypothetical questions and them then answering their own questions with their prognostication of “this is what DA would do.”

It’s not. The only substance of that article is the writer asking themselves hypothetical questions and them then answering their own questions with their prognostication of “this is what DA would do.”
I could see trading Lauri, but Ainge would want more than this yeara #3 and Simons. He'd want at least a couple more firsts.

That said, I hope Lauri stays long term.

I could see trading Lauri, but Ainge would want more than this yeara #3 and Simons. He'd want at least a couple more firsts.

It is amazing how many people seem to forget that the goal is winning games, not stockpiling "assets." I could care less if draft day and the trade deadline are exciting, I want to be excited on game day and in the playoffs.

I can't believe trading Lauri is even a discussion after the season he just had. I honestly didn't see this coming.
Even i don't believe Lauri getting traded at least not yet.
But Ainge's nickname is ''trader Danny'' so there has to be a reason why Ainge has got that nickname.

Only scenario where Lauri might get traded is that Jazz rebuild will take longer than expected and Lauri's prime do not fit Jazz timeline.
And if Ainge really wants that 3rd overall pick so badly he'll find a way how to make that happen and it not necessarily mean trading Lauri.
Jazz has players like Clarkson, Gay, Azubuike, Toscano-Anderson, Fontecchio etc who aren't fits to Jazz future so trading two or three guys of those in 3rd overall pick should be possible.

Last edited:
It is amazing how many people seem to forget that the goal is winning games, not stockpiling "assets." I could care less if draft day and the trade deadline are exciting, I want to be excited on game day and in the playoffs.
Markkanen is what separates us from most rebuilding teams, we can’t trade Markkanen. We lucked out big time landing Markkanen in that I’m not even sure he was the center peace to the trade as far as the players go that came to Utah in the trade. Not to mention Utah doesn’t attract star free agents. And if we trade for a star we aren’t adding a star to another star like Markkanen.

Even i don't believe Lauri getting traded at least not yet.
But Ainge's nickname ''trader Danny'' so there has to be a reason why Ainge has got that nickname.

Only scenario where Lauri might get traded is that Jazz rebuild will take longer than expected and Lauri's prime do not fit Jazz timeline.
And if Ainge really wants that 3rd overall pick so badly he'll find a way how to make that happen and it not necessarily mean trading Lauri.
Jazz has players like Clarkson, Gay, Azubuike, Toscano-Anderson, Fontecchio etc who aren't fits to Jazz future so trading two or three guys of those in 3rd overall pick should be possible.

Why would Portland want any of those guys? They want players who will help them win now. The only two players we have that fit what they want is Lauri and Kessler. We have plenty of picks and young players but very limited win now players at the moment.

It would be very Ainge-like if he got a squeeze out of PDX like that. A Scoot/Ochai/THT/Simons backcourt rotation could be nasty as hell. That said, I don't see Utah trading Lauri for 3. Dude would be too hard to replace and we've enough holes as it is.

It would be very Ainge-like if he got a squeeze out of PDX like that. A Scoot/Ochai/THT/Simons backcourt rotation could be nasty as hell. That said, I don't see Utah trading Lauri for 3. Dude would be too hard to replace and we've enough holes as it is.
He would be hard to replace and I want him to remain with the Jazz.

However, if I was a GM and was offered enough draft capital (and I believed Scoot or Miller are too good to pass up), I may pull the trigger.
The bonus (from an asset perspective) is the Jazz do worse next year and keep the protected OKC pick.

Definitely a gamble, but I would not put it past Ainge to do this.

Why would Portland want any of those guys? They want players who will help them win now. The only two players we have that fit what they want is Lauri and Kessler. We have plenty of picks and young players but very limited win now players at the moment.

I think clarkson is also a win now player but not good enough to move the needle

Either we dont get the 3rd pick or we do and we lose lauri. Ot there is a third team involved