Trade SZN

stitches

We can trade with money by buying picks if they are selling. Like how we acquired Rudy.

All depends on who is selling though and how much they want. I wouldn’t mind acquiring another pick in the 20’s.
I doubt this is what teams would do. Firsts are too valuable with their team-friendly rookie contract structure. Rudy is the last 1st round pick that was sold and teams have pretty much learned that this is bad business and haven't done it in 7 years... I think we will need something that the other team actually wants besides money. This is especially true for most teams in the 20s who are likely to want to remain competitive.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Jazz said they were holding a few of their 10 pre-draft workout opportunities in case something comes up. We're 2 days ahead of the draft, so something would have to come up quickly.

Some names to keep an eye on:
** Jrue Holiday
** Myles Turner
** Victor Oladipo
** Chris Paul
** Kevin Love
** Buddy Hield
** Spencer Dinwiddie
** Zach Lavine
** Gordon Hayward
** T'wolves #1 pick and #17 pick
** Warriors #2 pick
** Cavs #5 pick
** Hawks #6 pick
** Suns #10 pick / Kelly Oubre
** Celtics all their picks
** Mavs #18 pick
** Nets #19 pick

Last edited:

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
We don't have much to trade. None of our seconds from last year have improved their value this year. Bradley is in last year of his rookie deal so probably not worth a 1st. Who else? NWG not worth it. Niang not worth it. We need Royce....

Is there any way someone sees Conley as a positive on his expiring? Do we even want to let him go for a pick or just take our lumps with that trade and hope he performs better this year?

Bojan?
Conley has more value around the league than Jazz fans give him credit for, imo. He's a good player, and for teams that want to move money off their books for 2021 free agency, he's an attractive contract. I could see him going to Dallas or New York. I think he's probably the Jazz's #1 trade asset, now that Mitchell is ready to take over at point guard. Conley played well in the bubble for the most part. The question is whether the Jazz let him walk in a year and get nothing in return.

Otherwise, the Jazz would be able to offer #23 pick, Georges Niang, Tony Bradley, Rayjon Tucker, future 2nds, etc., but most of these would factor into a trade for a 2nd-round pick.

LoPo

If OKC trades Paul then does this Green deal, its conceivable we make it a 4 team deal:

LA gets Shroeder
Phoenix gets Paul
OKC gets Conley, Ed Davis, LA pick
Utah gets Rubio, Green and Oubre

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

idiot

If OKC trades Paul then does this Green deal, its conceivable we make it a 4 team deal:

LA gets Shroeder
Phoenix gets Paul

You know, even as a Conley supporter, this would really be tempting. If the Jazz were willing (which I still kind of doubt they would be), I think it would be contingent on the Thunder determining that they can't come out ahead by either moving Green by himself (ie for a draft pick) and/or not being able to find better value for Paul than the Suns deal.

If this miraculously came to pass, I'd be most worried about the attitudes of the incoming players (the return of a spurned Rubio, a upcoming free agency for Oubre may mean a season in which he's intent to establish his individual value, a possibly unmotivated Green after getting tossed aside by the Lakers). But theoretically, it would sure help fix our depth/defensive aptitude problems.

Cptgrnlngs22

LA gets Shroeder
Phoenix gets Paul

This trade feels like a heist. This would be a fantastic turn of events for the jazz theoretically. Not sure if it would translate into the court but I would be game to see.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

LoPo

You know, even as a Conley supporter, this would really be tempting. If the Jazz were willing (which I still kind of doubt they would be), I think it would be contingent on the Thunder determining that they can't come out ahead by either moving Green by himself (ie for a draft pick) and/or not being able to find better value for Paul than the Suns deal.

If this miraculously came to pass, I'd be most worried about the attitudes of the incoming players (the return of a spurned Rubio, a upcoming free agency for Oubre may mean a season in which he's intent to establish his individual value, a possibly unmotivated Green after getting tossed aside by the Lakers). But theoretically, it would sure help fix our depth/defensive aptitude problems.
Good post.

My logic with the trade is that OKC doesn't want to pay Rubio the $17 he is due for 2021-22. OKC also probably has little interest keeping Green. So dumping those two guys for a good Chris Paul replacement (Conley) and picks seems wise by OKC.

I guess the trade could return us Rubio and Green for Conley, but I'm not sure thats a given. I would want a little more unless we can trade Conley AND Davis while only bringing back Green and Rubio.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

LA gets Shroeder
Phoenix gets Paul

I’m on record as saying I’d do the trade with just Oubre and Ricky... Green on top of it is great. Wing gets crowded so it likely means JC bounces.