What's new

Trade SZN

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
It’s back officially tomorrow at noon eastern. Lakers already gettin Schroeder for Green and a pick. Imma guess Green is available in a flip... I’d be interested but not sure exactly how we get there.

Open up the floodgates... give me all teh tardes!

I think Rondo is headed out... I think Danny is maybe a little washed but they still need 3 and D guys. Those bastards prolly get like 3 ring chasers for the minimum.

Yes Denis SCH to Lakers for Danny is a steal for LA. - they give up late first pick but they are in very Win now mode so who cares.
I wait for JAZZ news. It's extremely interesting what is ahead of us.
What impact will bring a new owner?
What about Rudy extension?
Favors and Clarkson situation?
Draft?
will Donovan be our first PG?
what will be Conley' s role?
and so on...

Let's pump the brakes a little on the "steal" talk. The Lakers traded a first round pick for an expiring contract. Makes perfect sense for both sides.

Lakers are said to be interested in Wes Matthews... I’ve heard on podcasts that a lot of these deals are done. I can’t wait for the clock to strike midnight when FA opens so DL can start making calls.

Trading Green makes sense if they can get Matthews.

Seems like a decent deal for both sides. I still like Green well enough, but especially if the Lakers have Matthews on the way then this is a very solid deal for them. One of their weaker areas was generating offense with LeBron off the court, Schroder fixes that.

Supposedly, teams are looking to sell picks this year so might be a way of acquiring draft capital.

Supposedly, teams are looking to sell picks this year so might be a way of acquiring draft capital.
We don't have much to trade. None of our seconds from last year have improved their value this year. Bradley is in last year of his rookie deal so probably not worth a 1st. Who else? NWG not worth it. Niang not worth it. We need Royce....

Is there any way someone sees Conley as a positive on his expiring? Do we even want to let him go for a pick or just take our lumps with that trade and hope he performs better this year?

Bojan?

We don't have much to trade. None of our seconds from last year have improved their value this year. Bradley is in last year of his rookie deal so probably not worth a 1st. Who else? NWG not worth it. Niang not worth it. We need Royce....

Is there any way someone sees Conley as a positive on his expiring? Do we even want to let him go for a pick or just take our lumps with that trade and hope he performs better this year?

Bojan?

We can trade with money by buying picks if they are selling. Like how we acquired Rudy.

All depends on who is selling though and how much they want. I wouldn’t mind acquiring another pick in the 20’s.

We can trade with money by buying picks if they are selling. Like how we acquired Rudy.

All depends on who is selling though and how much they want. I wouldn’t mind acquiring another pick in the 20’s.
I'm not sure the last time a team sold a 1st and I believe the most a team can buy for is $3 million.

Best case scenario, we're looking at a pick in the early 2nd. Would love to be wrong.

I doubt this is what teams would do. Firsts are too valuable with their team-friendly rookie contract structure. Rudy is the last 1st round pick that was sold and teams have pretty much learned that this is bad business and haven't done it in 7 years... I think we will need something that the other team actually wants besides money. This is especially true for most teams in the 20s who are likely to want to remain competitive.

Jazz said they were holding a few of their 10 pre-draft workout opportunities in case something comes up. We're 2 days ahead of the draft, so something would have to come up quickly.

Some names to keep an eye on:
** Jrue Holiday
** Myles Turner
** Victor Oladipo
** Chris Paul
** Kevin Love
** Buddy Hield
** Spencer Dinwiddie
** Zach Lavine
** Gordon Hayward
** T'wolves #1 pick and #17 pick
** Warriors #2 pick
** Cavs #5 pick
** Hawks #6 pick
** Suns #10 pick / Kelly Oubre
** Celtics all their picks
** Mavs #18 pick
** Nets #19 pick

Last edited:

Bojan?
Conley has more value around the league than Jazz fans give him credit for, imo. He's a good player, and for teams that want to move money off their books for 2021 free agency, he's an attractive contract. I could see him going to Dallas or New York. I think he's probably the Jazz's #1 trade asset, now that Mitchell is ready to take over at point guard. Conley played well in the bubble for the most part. The question is whether the Jazz let him walk in a year and get nothing in return.

Otherwise, the Jazz would be able to offer #23 pick, Georges Niang, Tony Bradley, Rayjon Tucker, future 2nds, etc., but most of these would factor into a trade for a 2nd-round pick.

If OKC trades Paul then does this Green deal, its conceivable we make it a 4 team deal:

LA gets Shroeder
Phoenix gets Paul
OKC gets Conley, Ed Davis, LA pick
Utah gets Rubio, Green and Oubre

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app