What's new

Trade SZN

If OKC trades Paul then does this Green deal, its conceivable we make it a 4 team deal:

LA gets Shroeder
Phoenix gets Paul
OKC gets Conley, Ed Davis, LA pick
Utah gets Rubio, Green and Oubre

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
You know, even as a Conley supporter, this would really be tempting. If the Jazz were willing (which I still kind of doubt they would be), I think it would be contingent on the Thunder determining that they can't come out ahead by either moving Green by himself (ie for a draft pick) and/or not being able to find better value for Paul than the Suns deal.

If this miraculously came to pass, I'd be most worried about the attitudes of the incoming players (the return of a spurned Rubio, a upcoming free agency for Oubre may mean a season in which he's intent to establish his individual value, a possibly unmotivated Green after getting tossed aside by the Lakers). But theoretically, it would sure help fix our depth/defensive aptitude problems.

If OKC trades Paul then does this Green deal, its conceivable we make it a 4 team deal:

LA gets Shroeder
Phoenix gets Paul

This trade feels like a heist. This would be a fantastic turn of events for the jazz theoretically. Not sure if it would translate into the court but I would be game to see.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

You know, even as a Conley supporter, this would really be tempting. If the Jazz were willing (which I still kind of doubt they would be), I think it would be contingent on the Thunder determining that they can't come out ahead by either moving Green by himself (ie for a draft pick) and/or not being able to find better value for Paul than the Suns deal.

If this miraculously came to pass, I'd be most worried about the attitudes of the incoming players (the return of a spurned Rubio, a upcoming free agency for Oubre may mean a season in which he's intent to establish his individual value, a possibly unmotivated Green after getting tossed aside by the Lakers). But theoretically, it would sure help fix our depth/defensive aptitude problems.
Good post.

My logic with the trade is that OKC doesn't want to pay Rubio the $17 he is due for 2021-22. OKC also probably has little interest keeping Green. So dumping those two guys for a good Chris Paul replacement (Conley) and picks seems wise by OKC.

I guess the trade could return us Rubio and Green for Conley, but I'm not sure thats a given. I would want a little more unless we can trade Conley AND Davis while only bringing back Green and Rubio.

LA gets Shroeder
Phoenix gets Paul

I’m on record as saying I’d do the trade with just Oubre and Ricky... Green on top of it is great. Wing gets crowded so it likely means JC bounces.

Good post.

My logic with the trade is that OKC doesn't want to pay Rubio the $17 he is due for 2021-22. OKC also probably has little interest keeping Green. So dumping those two guys for a good Chris Paul replacement (Conley) and picks seems wise by OKC.

I guess the trade could return us Rubio and Green for Conley, but I'm not sure thats a given. I would want a little more unless we can trade Conley AND Davis while only bringing back Green and Rubio.

I'm guessing that OKC is looking to leverage whatever they can get out of Oubre & Green (if they end up making those deals). The only benefit we'd be providing is them being able to get off Rubio's contract for a year. I don't think they really care about replacing Paul at all. I think it's all about finances and draft picks for them at this point. So Conley only holds value for them because he's coming off the books sooner than Rubio.

They may think they may be able to get a better (financial/draft) return elsewhere (if not now, at trade deadline).

EDIT: Someone may know this better than me, but I think that if a trade like this happened before free agency started (so still on the 2019-20 books), we'd also be able to possibly save them a decent amount of luxury tax payment.

EDIT 2: It looks like that I'm likely wrong about the OKC luxury tax. It appears that's already a settled matter. Even if it wasn't, the Paul trade would probably take care of it by itself.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that OKC is looking to leverage whatever they can get out of Oubre & Green (if they end up making those deals). The only benefit we'd be providing is them being able to get off Rubio's contract for a year. I don't think they really care about replacing Paul at all. I think it's all about finances and draft picks for them at this point. So Conley only holds value for them because he's coming off the books sooner than Rubio.

They may think they may be able to get a better (financial/draft) return elsewhere (if not now, at trade deadline).

EDIT: Someone may know this better than me, but I think that if a trade like this happened before free agency started (so still on the 2019-20 books), we'd also be able to possibly save them a decent amount of luxury tax payment.
Yes but Conley expiring has some value too. They could probably eat Ricky’s salary if they wanted too but Oubre is expiring and he’s not old but he’s still a bit ahead of their timeline. Not sure they’d get a first for either guy and Ricky might cost a first to dump. It’s also very possible they could do better... but we are at least in the ballpark.

This trade take Lakers out of the CP3 business so that is good.

Boom bitches wants back in the nba... hmmmmm another bargain center option. I don’t think we will give Favs MLE or close to it. Would be an over allocation of cap resources.

I imagine we'd have to add #23 to that OKC deal, but I wouldn't mind that, Rubio/Green/Oubre would be a great trio to add.

I’m on record as saying I’d do the trade with just Oubre and Ricky... Green on top of it is great. Wing gets crowded so it likely means JC bounces.
Oubre played a fair amount of PF last year, and both Oubre and Rubio rebound better than average for their size. Maybe JC could stay.

Just spitballing: you could have the DM-JI-RO-BB-RG starting lineup that everyone here is so enamored with. Then you'd have Rubio, Clarkson, Green, Oubre, and Bradley (unless a change was made) as depth. You'd probably get some disgruntled players out of that situation, but this would allow Rubio to run the show on the second team a bit more than he could as a starter here, you'd get more defensive help around Bradley, and the league's best offensive rebounder could clean up to his heart's content after Rubio, Clarkson, and Oubre (and Green if his shot goes south again).

Oubre played a fair amount of PF last year, and both Oubre and Rubio rebound better than average for their size. Maybe JC could stay.

Just spitballing: you could have the DM-JI-RO-BB-RG starting lineup that everyone here is so enamored with. Then you'd have Rubio, Clarkson, Green, Oubre, and Bradley (unless a change was made) as depth. You'd probably get some disgruntled players out of that situation, but this would allow Rubio to run the show on the second team a bit more than he could as a starter here, you'd get more defensive help around Bradley, and the league's best offensive rebounder could clean up to his heart's content after Rubio, Clarkson, and Oubre (and Green if his shot goes south again).
I would start Oubre and Rubio probably. Green, Ingles, Royce off the bench is really damn good. JC could stick around too but it gets really crowded... think rather than pay his price I’d give whatever leftover minutes there are to our rookie this year or Oni/Brantley.

Harden to the Nets is interesting.

Not sure how they make up his salary in a return trade. Obviously, LaVert and Dinwiddie would be involved. DeAndre Jordan almost certainly has to for salary cap reasons.

LaVert, Dinwiddie, Jordan, filler players to make up salary and multiple first-round picks?

Harden to the Nets is interesting.

Not sure how they make up his salary in a return trade. Obviously, LaVert and Dinwiddie would be involved. DeAndre Jordan almost certainly has to for salary cap reasons.

LaVert, Dinwiddie, Jordan, filler players to make up salary and multiple first-round picks?
Allen would have to be in the deal too if I’m the Rockets.

What does a potential Westbrook trade look like?

Randle, Portis, DSJ from New York?

Rozier and Batum’s expiring from Charlotte?

Does any team give up any actual young talent or picks?
Knicks and Charlotte don’t have to match salary... so Rozier or Randle straight up is about the best the could hope for.

If this Harden to Nets deal actually happens, what a development that would be. I personally don't think Kyrie, Harden and KD would work, but it would be entertaining.