What's new

Trade SZN

I agree with every bit of this (minus Bojan). I think he was a great addition and useful for the length and amount of his contract. The Ingles extension and Conley trade were just awful business.

We are determined to screw the last phase of building a contender. We didn't adequately support Stockton and Malone. We didn't trade AK when he didn't fit as well at SF. We used solid players and good assets to get poor fit Conley.

Once this current old team runs it's course, we won't have much outside of Don. It's sad really.
This post tho.

Imo you made your point a couple bumps ago. Dead horse.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JazzFanz mobile app
It's just fun to go back to the off-season threads. A lot of people were painting doom and gloom.

Also funny to me how much we arm chair GM (myself included) fantasizing about making a great Jazz team and we finally have one and it seems like some people barely appreciate it.

It's just fun to go back to the off-season threads. A lot of people were painting doom and gloom.

Also funny to me how much we arm chair GM (myself included) fantasizing about making a great Jazz team and we finally have one and it seems like some people barely appreciate it.
It will be more fun if you target more than just LoPo & jom. Otherwise it just looks like an attempt to bully.

There were (and are still) plenty of people spreading gloom and doom about the Jazz moves, including many of our most illustrious colleagues.

As for me, among other stupid takes I've had, I gave gave the Jazz a B for the bench they had assembled.

It will be more fun if you target more than just LoPo & jom. Otherwise it just looks like an attempt to bully.

There were (and are still) plenty of people spreading gloom and doom about the Jazz moves, including many of our most illustrious colleagues.

As for me, among other stupid takes I've had, I gave gave the Jazz a B for the bench they had assembled.
Well they make up like 80% of those kinds of post.

Well they make up like 80% of those kinds of post.
You need to pay a little closer attention. They're not the (major) ones offering an incessant drumbeat every time a move is or isn't made by the Jazz or other teams about how sloppy, lazy, shortsighted, or even stupid the Jazz FO is. They were certainly not the only ones who let us know over and over again how much they hated the Conley trade.

Who are you kidding, it is just an attempt to bully. That is his MO. He is all about putting people down so he can feel big.

You need to pay a little closer attention. They're not the (major) ones offering an incessant drumbeat every time a move is or isn't made by the Jazz or other teams about how sloppy, lazy, shortsighted, or even stupid the Jazz FO is. They were certainly not the only ones who let us know over and over again how much they hated the Conley trade.
They are, or at least they are the serious posters (not just troll alts) who do it the most.

If bumping threads of bad takes is somehow bullying then y'all soft as hell. There is multiple takes I'm bumping, not just one dude's bad takes.

If bumping threads of bad takes is somehow bullying then y'all soft as hell. There is multiple takes I'm bumping, not just one dude's bad takes.
I still think that the Ingles $14 million extension is an overpay. How can anybody really defend that number when you compare it to the market? And I love Joe Ingles.

And how are my takes bad takes if we haven't seen the full story yet?

Year 1 - we would have been better with Crowder than we ended up being with Conley. That's a fact.

Year 2 - TBD. I could give two ***** about Conley being given an All Star nod. Does he help us make a long playoff run or do we do the same thing Rubio would have provided?

When you bully Cy, have a point.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I still think that the Ingles $14 million extension is an overpay. How can anybody really defend that number when you compare it to the market? And I love Joe Ingles.

Year 1 - we would have been better with Crowder than we ended up being with Conley. That's a fact.

Year 2 - TBD. I could give two ***** about Conley being given an All Star nod. Does he help us make a long playoff run or do we do the same thing Rubio would have provided?

Not sure about the other stuff but Joe Ingles at 14M is perfectly appropriate and might be classified as a bit of a bargain.

Guys in that salary range:

Terrence Ross, Patty Mills, JJ Redick, Justise Winslow, Kelly Olynyk, Taurean Prince.... Robert Covington, Christian Wood, Marcus Smart might be better values but Joe's deal is solid and if we wanted to move him teams would line the **** up to give us something good in return.

I have a lot of ****** takes, but my god you make me sound like the smartest man alive and a none idiot. That my friend is hard as hell to do, you idiot!!

Not sure about the other stuff but Joe Ingles at 14M is perfectly appropriate and might be classified as a bit of a bargain.

Guys in that salary range:

Terrence Ross, Patty Mills, JJ Redick, Justise Winslow, Kelly Olynyk, Taurean Prince.... Robert Covington, Christian Wood, Marcus Smart might be better values but Joe's deal is solid and if we wanted to move him teams would line the **** up to give us something good in return.

Those contracts are not a fair comparison. His $14 million hasn't even been given yet. He gets that next year. I don't know many NBA teams who are signing Ingles to $14. First off, not many teams have above the mid-level. Secondly, he is valuable, but not many teams are paying that much.

My point is simple - we didn't even look to see what his market is. We just paid him. It's like using a 2nd to trade a guy we might have just been able to trade to a team who wanted him.

It was unnecessary.

Hi Lopo.

A few observations:
1) I don't think someone should call a guess a "fact". What version of Crowder are you referring to? Remember he was shooting 29% from 3 for Memphis before being traded to Miami. If not motivated, he can be bad, real bad. He also shoot in the low 30s for us. So it's fair to assume we would be worse with Crowder. And objectively, Conley is just the better player.
2) Conley gave us upside. He averaged 20ppg in the playoffs and his shooting/playmaking opened up opportunities for other players. Rubio placed a very low ceiling on our team. Teams would leave him open by design, destroying our whole spacing. We would never have been a good offensive team with him on the floor. And on defense, while Rubio played with energy, he wasn't a stopper. Conley is not great but at least plays smart team defense and is always in the right place.
3) Ingles' contract is fine. He is having the best season of his career. If you were a contender, would you pay Iggy 15M or Ingles 14M?

Last edited:
Hi Lopo.

A few observations:
1) I don't think someone should call a guess a "fact". What version of Crowder are you referring to? Remember he was shooting 29% from 3 for Memphis before being traded to Miami. If not motivated, he can be bad, real bad. He also shoot in the low 30s for us. So it's fair to assume we would be worse with Crowder.
2) Conley gave us upside. He averaged 20ppg in the playoffs and his shooting/playmaking opened up opportunities for other players. Rubio placed a very low ceiling on our team. Teams would leave him open by design, destroying our whole spacing. We would never be a good offensive team with him on the floor. And on defense, while Rubio played with energy, he wasn't a stopper. Conley is not great but at least plays smart team defense and is always in the right place.
3) Ingles' contract is fine. He is having the best season of his career. If you were a contender, would you pay Iggy 15M or Ingles 14M?
1. Crowder was a very good player for us and he did stuff that we still need. He is tough, plays hard, likes to defend. He is a reason Miami made such a run last year. He's a reason why Phoenix is so good.

2. Conley's scoring average is skewed because he got white hot in the game where everybody played out of their mind. I think it was Game 4. We won by a million. Denver switched to Monte Morris at PG in Game 5. What were his averages after Denver adjusted to Conley? The guy is good no doubt, but he should have been a reason we won last playoffs and he simply wasn't.

3. I'm not upset at Ingles' contract, but it did seem unnecessary to pay him that much. I still don't think any NBA team would give him $14 this summer when he turns 34. I love him and am willing to suck it up, but it still seems like an unnecessary overpay. Why would he leave? He's a legend here.