What's new

Trading Kanter for Avery Bradley

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 848

As it stands, our team has pretty good defenders for our big-men-- yet we lack one really good perimeter defender to really flesh out our defense, and be able to cement ourselves as a top 15 defensive team.

When trying to construct a cohesive defensive starting unit for this team, it seems like Kanter is the odd-one out. Putting him at the 4 is disastrous, and putting him at the 5 isn't working so far this year. Keeping Gobert at the 5 with Favors, while picking up some sort of PF makes more sense in the long-term, IMO.

So instead of letting Kanter go for nothing, let's give him to a team in need of good offensive weapons at the 4/5 in exchange for a 3-and-D player.

Boston Celtics, Avery Bradley.

Bradley's contract isn't great in the context of our team, as he's currently commanding 8 million a year, with this season being his first. However, with the looming cap increase, and a lot of players on rookie contracts, and Burks + Hayward + Favors retained, I think we will be able to keep Bradley while being able to launch an offer at a good two-way offensive hub of a PF. AKA: Paul Millsap.

Boston does this as they need to clear room for Marcus Smart, and they realize that Rondo is not worth trading and Smart will probably be at least 80-90% of the defender that Bradley is, along with other tantalizing talents. Gives them a third big and more size alongside the Olynyk/Sullinger/Bass frontline. Giving them a pick or two will add to their insane amounts picks, which will DEFINITELY be huge for them to go after trading for some big-time player.

Burke/Exum
Burks/Bradley
Hayward/Hood
Millsap/Booker
Favors/Gobert

Exum and Burke fight for starting PG spot-- we trade the other one/let him go. Hood is locked up on the cheap, Booker will come off the bookers by the time we need to extend some of our youth.

What say you, Jazzfanz?? (I posed this idea in another thread earlier)

Not a fan of Bradley. I thought Boston valued him a lot.

I'd rather shoot for the stars. Rondo for Kanter, Burke and a couple picks.

That's worth it for Rondo locked into a long-term deal. I'd do that deal if there was an extension..... but there's no way in hell he'd do that with a 25-win team.

That's worth it for Rondo locked into a long-term deal. I'd do that deal if there was an extension..... but there's no way in hell he'd do that with a 25-win team.
I didn't know you liked Rondo. I'm rethinking my opinions of you.

People on our team Rondo makes instantly better;

Favors
Gobert
Hayward

------
Exum is a bit redundant, but would have a great mentor.
Burks needs the ball on his hands, so not sure how much he gets upgraded with Rajon.
Burke becomes totally expendable.
Trade Kanter for Jimmy Butler (I kid).

Idea sounds good.
But there is no guarantee Jazz could get Millsap back to start.
I like Kanter if used right.
It seems like Jazz should use him as a low post pound it in guy.
A relentless Moses Malone type that wears everyone down.
He does not need big minutes, but should be a situational match up player.

btw, I may have spoken less highly of Rondo in the context of adding him to a team that struggled to shoot. We might have gone a good ways toward fixing that problem, so I'm fully in support of getting Rondo if we can.

I'd sign the line of Kanter + Burke + 2 firsts, IF RONDO WAS EXTENDED.

All day. Any day.

Idea sounds good.
But there is no guarantee Jazz could get Millsap back to start.
I like Kanter if used right.
It seems like Jazz should use him as a low post pound it in guy.
A relentless Moses Malone type that wears everyone down.
He does not need big minutes, but should be a situational match up player.

I completely agree, problem is he is going to warrant more money than a situation match up player.

I think we're onto something.. I feel we could get Rondo and Millsap.

If we could get either Rondo or Korver plus Millsap.. we win.

Like I said, if we had Korver, Hayward, and Millsap, we can bring Exum along slowly.. even in the starting line up. Or add Rondo and bring Exum off the bench.

Settled. Find a way to add Millsap and also either Rondo or Korver.

Rondo/Exum/championship
Burks/Korver/championship
Hayward/Hood/championship
Millsap/Booker/championship
Favors/Gobert/championship

Garnett and Pierce are both thankful to Rondo for helping them realize their first chip.

Please play by the rules. ANything is possible.

alright.

After we get rondo let's trade Hayward for LBJ and Burks for KD.

Jazz do it because those guys are awesome. Cavs and Thunder do it because anything is possible.