What's new

Trading Kanter for Avery Bradley

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
As it stands, our team has pretty good defenders for our big-men-- yet we lack one really good perimeter defender to really flesh out our defense, and be able to cement ourselves as a top 15 defensive team.

When trying to construct a cohesive defensive starting unit for this team, it seems like Kanter is the odd-one out. Putting him at the 4 is disastrous, and putting him at the 5 isn't working so far this year. Keeping Gobert at the 5 with Favors, while picking up some sort of PF makes more sense in the long-term, IMO.

So instead of letting Kanter go for nothing, let's give him to a team in need of good offensive weapons at the 4/5 in exchange for a 3-and-D player.

Boston Celtics, Avery Bradley.

Bradley's contract isn't great in the context of our team, as he's currently commanding 8 million a year, with this season being his first. However, with the looming cap increase, and a lot of players on rookie contracts, and Burks + Hayward + Favors retained, I think we will be able to keep Bradley while being able to launch an offer at a good two-way offensive hub of a PF. AKA: Paul Millsap.

Boston does this as they need to clear room for Marcus Smart, and they realize that Rondo is not worth trading and Smart will probably be at least 80-90% of the defender that Bradley is, along with other tantalizing talents. Gives them a third big and more size alongside the Olynyk/Sullinger/Bass frontline. Giving them a pick or two will add to their insane amounts picks, which will DEFINITELY be huge for them to go after trading for some big-time player.

Burke/Exum
Burks/Bradley
Hayward/Hood
Millsap/Booker
Favors/Gobert

Exum and Burke fight for starting PG spot-- we trade the other one/let him go. Hood is locked up on the cheap, Booker will come off the bookers by the time we need to extend some of our youth.

What say you, Jazzfanz?? (I posed this idea in another thread earlier)
Trade Burke for Bradley.

Go on any celtics forum-- they are all clamouring for a big with dependable offense.

Ideally, they go for a two-way big via the draft-- but their record might be too good to get one via the draft.

Right now, they have a logjam at the 1/2. Smart will need more minutes-- which means either Rondo or Bradley is gone, if they want to develop him.

Who's gonna trade away a two-way big for Bradley? Boston's only hope is getting picks for us, and Kanter as a throw in that maybe Brad Stevens can work with. They can then package all of their picks and go after a solid PF.

#1 NBA trade rule: You don't trade big for small.

So if Kanter and Burke could be packaged for a player like Bledsoe (and I'm not saying that deal is available), you don't do it because of the rule?

It's an oft-quoted rule that is often misinterpreted.

Cody zeller

I would do it. Zeller is probably gonna figure it out. His ceiling on offense is lower than Kanter, but he isn't nearly the liability on defense.

Also, I think this is a trade that has some potential. Charlotte needs more scoring off the bench.

Also, Big Al and Kanter REUNION!!! HUGS!!!!!

trade for Jeff Teague... hes more gettable than you'd think. Its been said many different times over that the celtics value AB more than any other team in the league, with Smart out they really need him.

Atlanta is sitting Teague in the 4th right now, Schroders killing it, He just put the nail in the coffin.

I would really like it if Kanter gets traded. It would benefit both sides, three of'em (Him, Jazz and the receiver).

I've backed off the idea of trading Kanter. WAY OFF. I'd still do it for the right deal, but Avery Bradley, straight up, isn't going to cut it for me, and you know Boston isn't gonna put picks in the deal.

Kanter's progress since this thread was started has been heartening.

I've backed off the idea of trading Kanter. WAY OFF. I'd still do it for the right deal, but Avery Bradley, straight up, isn't going to cut it for me, and you know Boston isn't gonna put picks in the deal.

Kanter's progress since this thread was started has been heartening.

If you were a GM in real life, you would have just been taken. Can't back out in real life.