What's new

Trading Kanter for Avery Bradley

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
Kanter is gonna command too high of a salary, IMO. Would rather hang onto Trevor Booker, particularly if he keeps improving his shooting touch.

Unfortunately, having Burks on this team with the salary he has makes it hard to take on Bradley, who essentially plays the same position. I really hope Burks improves and works well with this team moving forward. Hood is a huge X-Factor for us moving forward as well.

If we can have Elijah having a DMC-like emergence for this team, have Exum and Burke continue to step-up, have Hayward Favors & Gobert maintain their play, then perhaps we can retain Kanter. Or, maybe we can use the money elsewhere.

I guess the question is becoming: what is our biggest team need?

Kanter is gonna command too high of a salary, IMO. Would rather hang onto Trevor Booker, particularly if he keeps improving his shooting touch.

Unfortunately, having Burks on this team with the salary he has makes it hard to take on Bradley, who essentially plays the same position. I really hope Burks improves and works well with this team moving forward. Hood is a huge X-Factor for us moving forward as well.

If we can have Elijah having a DMC-like emergence for this team, have Exum and Burke continue to step-up, have Hayward Favors & Gobert maintain their play, then perhaps we can retain Kanter. Or, maybe we can use the money elsewhere.

I guess the question is becoming: what is our biggest team need?

For Exum to live up to his potential.

After that, probably a dynamic 3&D player to put next to Hayward (Stanley Johnson?), and maybe a stretch 4 off the bench (Kanter might be able to fill that role in time).

We'll trade Kanter - should be interesting to see what he commands. I have a feeling he'll go for a 1st as opposed to a player-for-player deal.

shut the **** up, Donny. You say hair-brained stuff around here all the gawddamn time.

Think about this...

If I'm 100% right all the time, and you are only 50% right. Then half the stuff I say isn't going to make sense to you.

That would explain why you don't agree with everything I say.

For Exum to live up to his potential.

After that, probably a dynamic 3&D player to put next to Hayward (Stanley Johnson?), and maybe a stretch 4 off the bench (Kanter might be able to fill that role in time).

Spot on.
Exum is giving us nothing. And the Jazz still can't shoot 3's. Improve our shooting and we're a .500 team.

As it stands, our team has pretty good defenders for our big-men-- yet we lack one really good perimeter defender to really flesh out our defense, and be able to cement ourselves as a top 15 defensive team.

When trying to construct a cohesive defensive starting unit for this team, it seems like Kanter is the odd-one out. Putting him at the 4 is disastrous, and putting him at the 5 isn't working so far this year. Keeping Gobert at the 5 with Favors, while picking up some sort of PF makes more sense in the long-term, IMO.

So instead of letting Kanter go for nothing, let's give him to a team in need of good offensive weapons at the 4/5 in exchange for a 3-and-D player.

Boston Celtics, Avery Bradley.

Bradley's contract isn't great in the context of our team, as he's currently commanding 8 million a year, with this season being his first. However, with the looming cap increase, and a lot of players on rookie contracts, and Burks + Hayward + Favors retained, I think we will be able to keep Bradley while being able to launch an offer at a good two-way offensive hub of a PF. AKA: Paul Millsap.

Boston does this as they need to clear room for Marcus Smart, and they realize that Rondo is not worth trading and Smart will probably be at least 80-90% of the defender that Bradley is, along with other tantalizing talents. Gives them a third big and more size alongside the Olynyk/Sullinger/Bass frontline. Giving them a pick or two will add to their insane amounts picks, which will DEFINITELY be huge for them to go after trading for some big-time player.

Burke/Exum
Burks/Bradley
Hayward/Hood
Millsap/Booker
Favors/Gobert

Exum and Burke fight for starting PG spot-- we trade the other one/let him go. Hood is locked up on the cheap, Booker will come off the bookers by the time we need to extend some of our youth.

What say you, Jazzfanz?? (I posed this idea in another thread earlier)

Wish we did this