What's new

Training Camp Bitches

There are 14 or so minutes for Favors at the backup center position. It's likely he's going to pick up another 10 - 12 minutes at the PF spot. It wouldn't surprise me if he plays the first 5 or 6 minutes of the 1st and 3rd quarters like he did two years ago. Maybe it's matchup dependent, but it might be easier to get him minutes that way, rather than rotate him in later. If he's on the floor with Conley, Mitchell and Bogdanovic, there might be enough spacing to make it work.
Favors isn't going to play 24-26 minutes a night. His body won't hold up playing that much. He might play that on rare occasion when the Jazz need to match size in an important game. But overall I expect him to play 18-ish a night.

Gobert/Favors
Bogdanovic/Niang/Favors
Oneale/Ingles/Bogdanovic/Oni
Mitchell/Clarkson/Oni
Conley/Mitchell/Ingles

Depth: Morgan, Azubuike, Hughes, Tucker, NWG

Favors isn't going to play 24-26 minutes a night. His body won't hold up playing that much. He might play that on rare occasion when the Jazz need to match size in an important game. But overall I expect him to play 18-ish a night.

Gobert/Favors
Bogdanovic/Niang/Favors
Mitchell/Clarkson/Oni
Conley/Mitchell/Ingles

I'd like to see 22-24. He can play close to half the game. 18 seems really skimpy. Georges Niang plays 14 minutes a game. . .

Jazz need his shooting. You idiots let me know when we find someone to replace his three point shooting.

Don't get the Niang hate. Last year his minutes/usage went up, including almost doubling his 3pt FGA's per game and he maintained his percentages.

Last year he shot 50/40 in the playoffs on an increased work-load with Bogie out.

Yeah, his D is suspect, he's not athletic. Regardless, while I'm not a fan of the expression, it happens to be true: this is a make or miss league. You got a guy who can consistently hit open shots anywhere on the floor and makes less than 2mil a year, you keep that guy - full stop.

Don't get the Niang hate. Last year his minutes/usage went up, including almost doubling his 3pt FGA's per game and he maintained his percentages.

Last year he shot 50/40 in the playoffs on an increased work-load with Bogie out.

Yeah, his D is suspect, he's not athletic. Regardless, while I'm not a fan of the expression, it happens to be true: this is a make or miss league. You got a guy who can consistently hit open shots anywhere on the floor and makes less than 2mil a year, you keep that guy - full stop.
I was just pointing out that Niang, who barely plays, is getting 14 minutes a game. Favors will need more than 18. Also, it is imperative that Niang is not our only option for a backup 4. There are some matches he will just get killed with no matter how good his shooting percentage is.

His shooting is a plus but his other weaknesses make the rotations difficult because of who. you need on the floor with him both to help defensively and to create space offensively for his open looks. Not a hater but I would love enough depth that his minutes go down.

Gobert/Favors
Bogdanovic/Niang/Favors
Mitchell/Clarkson/Oni
Conley/Mitchell/Ingles

I think your going to see Favors playing about 22-25 minutes a game. Bank on it.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app