What's new

Trump abandons Kurdish allies to Turkish invasion

I bet we can all expect Lindsay to stand up to Donald tomorrow morning. After all, he once felt like this:

Dang. I got shredded:

@Zombie you might end up being right here. Dang

Why is he relying on press reports to inform him? Isn’t he on the foreign relations committee? Doesn’t he golf with Donald often?

I’ve read now that our allies, the pentagon, and senate were blindsided by this move. Soooooo was anyone consulted? This is foreign policy?

Oof:

Last edited:
Man...

This is the fear of a Trump Presidency realized.

This is sick.

This can only come from a place of thinking that all of "those people" are the same and none of them matter because only "us" matters.

This is sick. These are people who are where they are, doing what they're doing because they trusted us. Because we promised them we are with them.

Who are we?

Man...

This is the fear of a Trump Presidency realized.

This is sick.

This can only come from a place of thinking that all of "those people" are the same and none of them matter because only "us" matters.

This is sick. These are people who are where they are, doing what they're doing because they trusted us. Because we promised them we are with them.

Who are we?

Isn’t this the very definition of nationalism?

Isn’t this what people wanted when they heard and said, “America First!”?

Isn’t this what Americans wanted when they voted for Trump?

Are the troops coming home or are they just being relocated? This move would only make sense to me if it was part of a plan to switch to an overall non-interventionist policy, including cutting all funds to the Saudi regime.

Trump on Twitter:

“As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). “

Psychosis and narcissism aside, can a trump supporter tell me when trump obliterated turkeys economy?

come on people, I know you are “ all in” on your dear leader, but certainly your blind obedience must have some limits.

Trump on Twitter:

“As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). “

Psychosis and narcissism aside, can a trump supporter tell me when trump obliterated turkeys economy?

come on people, I know you are “ all in” on your dear leader, but certainly your blind obedience must have some limits.

Just the way he expresses himself should make him unfit to be POTUS. It really is embarrassing.

View attachment 8323

This will effectively put the region into Turkish control, and cast the fate of thousands of captured ISIS prisoners into doubt.

I don't know what options the Kurds have here.

This statement doesn't read like there was consultation with either the State Dept, or DoD, the language is very Trumpian.

I'm getting a wag the dog kind of vibe from it.
Welp, it has seemed fated—for quite awhile—that the Kurds would be stabbed in the back. Again. Not really sure what else I have to say about it.

Trump on Twitter:

Oof

Laughing at all of the leftists pretending to care about the Kurds for the first time in their lives.

Someone needs to explain to me why, if Turkey invades Syria, this is the fault or sole responsibility of the United States. This would obviously be a move to war and would be something that concerns the United Nations crowd, no? How many German, French, Japanese, and South American troops are protecting Syria from Turkey? Any Canadians? Isn't this type of American unilateralism the stuff that the Jazzfanz prog crowd has decried for a couple decades?

Obviously, I don't want Turkey to invade Syria or mess with the Kurds. Which of you on jazzfanz are ready to send their kid over to fight this battle? Thriller? You ready to sign up?

If it is important, there ought to be an international consensus on this. That will never happen if the US is carrying ALL of the water here. Is the United States the ONLY interested party? If yes, THAT is the part that is broken, not what Trump decides.

We didn't break Syria. There really isn't anything there that amounts to a hard national interest. I'm sure Israel and Saudi Arabia have interests there, is the Anti- Israel jazzfanz brigade willing to jump in there and protect THEIR interests?

Seems like a simple thing to tell Turkey that invading Syria would be considered an unprovoked act of war by the world community and there would be consequences., unless there would actually be no consequences from the world community. If that is the case, then any blood would be on their hands, not ours.

Laughing at all of the leftists pretending to care about the Kurds for the first time in their lives.

Someone needs to explain to me why, if Turkey invades Syria, this is the fault or sole responsibility of the United States. This would obviously be a move to war and would be something that concerns the United Nations crowd, no? How many German, French, Japanese, and South American troops are protecting Syria from Turkey? Any Canadians? Isn't this type of American unilateralism the stuff that the Jazzfanz prog crowd has decried for a couple decades?

Obviously, I don't want Turkey to invade Syria or mess with the Kurds. Which of you on jazzfanz are ready to send their kid over to fight this battle? Thriller? You ready to sign up?

If it is important, there ought to be an international consensus on this. That will never happen if the US is carrying ALL of the water here. Is the United States the ONLY interested party? If yes, THAT is the part that is broken, not what Trump decides.

We didn't break Syria. There really isn't anything there that amounts to a hard national interest. I'm sure Israel and Saudi Arabia have interests there, is the Anti- Israel jazzfanz brigade willing to jump in there and protect THEIR interests?

Seems like a simple thing to tell Turkey that invading Syria would be considered an unprovoked act of war by the world community and there would be consequences., unless there would actually be no consequences from the world community. If that is the case, then any blood would be on their hands, not ours.

You completely ignored American military capability V the other countries you listed. As well as the simple fact that this annihilates any credibility we had. How will NATO, Japan and South Korea view this?

I dont want to be the world police. But the answer is absolutely not just abandoning our allies. Short of attacking them in some form ourselves this is possibly the worst possible outcome.

You completely ignored American military capability V the other countries you listed. As well as the simple fact that this annihilates any credibility we had. How will NATO, Japan and South Korea view this?

I dont want to be the world police. But the answer is absolutely not just abandoning our allies. Short of attacking them in some form ourselves this is possibly the worst possible outcome.
Right. I mean, look if I had my druthers we wouldn't have invaded Iraq in the first place and this entire situation would be completely different, but we did and this is part of the fallout. It's a bitch move to cut bait and run now after all the Kurds have sacrificed in this fight.

To use this as some sort of gotcha against those on the left who are anti-imperialist is such a context free simpleton look at the issue.

BTW, the correct answer is Denmark. Denmark has offered a limited amount of troops.