What's new

Trump's Coup Attempt

Yes, it was very tasty.
girl-holding-a-crayfish-X20724.jpg

Ironic that the 2016 election featured Trump and his campaign team welcoming Russian help, and as his administration is winding down, silence on the part of a president that could not care less for anything other than not being a loser. The latest, and most serious attack by geopolitical adversary Russia, and nada from Trump. Dereliction of duty on front after front.

Thomas Bossert, who served as a top homeland security adviser to both Mr Trump and former President George W Bush, detailed the attack in an article published on Thursday in the New York Times that said “the magnitude of this national security breach is hard to overstate.”

“At the worst possible time, when the United States is at its most vulnerable — during a presidential transition and a devastating public health crisis — the networks of the federal government and much of corporate America are compromised by a foreign nation,” the career security adviser wrote.

“The logical conclusion is that we must act as if the Russian government has control of all the networks it has penetrated,” he added. “But it is unclear what the Russians intend to do next. The access the Russians now enjoy could be used for far more than simply spying.”

Mr Bossert said resolving the cyberattack would required “the segregated replacement of entire enclaves of computers, network hardware and servers across vast federal and corporate networks” while remaining in operation. How the nation’s computer systems remain active amid Russian intrusion while rooting out the hackers would be “difficult” but ultimately necessary, the security adviser wrote.

“President Trump is on the verge of leaving behind a federal government, and perhaps a large number of major industries, compromised by the Russian government,” he concluded. “President-elect Joe Biden must begin his planning to take charge of this crisis.”

Ironic that the 2016 election featured Trump and his campaign team welcoming Russian help, and as his administration is winding down, silence on the part of a president that could not care less for anything other than not being a loser. The latest, and most serious attack by geopolitical adversary Russia, and nada from Trump. Dereliction of duty on front after front.

Thomas Bossert, who served as a top homeland security adviser to both Mr Trump and former President George W Bush, detailed the attack in an article published on Thursday in the New York Times that said “the magnitude of this national security breach is hard to overstate.”

“At the worst possible time, when the United States is at its most vulnerable — during a presidential transition and a devastating public health crisis — the networks of the federal government and much of corporate America are compromised by a foreign nation,” the career security adviser wrote.

“The logical conclusion is that we must act as if the Russian government has control of all the networks it has penetrated,” he added. “But it is unclear what the Russians intend to do next. The access the Russians now enjoy could be used for far more than simply spying.”

Mr Bossert said resolving the cyberattack would required “the segregated replacement of entire enclaves of computers, network hardware and servers across vast federal and corporate networks” while remaining in operation. How the nation’s computer systems remain active amid Russian intrusion while rooting out the hackers would be “difficult” but ultimately necessary, the security adviser wrote.

“President Trump is on the verge of leaving behind a federal government, and perhaps a large number of major industries, compromised by the Russian government,” he concluded. “President-elect Joe Biden must begin his planning to take charge of this crisis.”
He will go down as the most damaging president in history.
Mind boggling.

Trump says it might not be Russia behind the massive hack, maybe it's China.

You can't make this **** up.

He's a pathological liar. He'd lie if the truth was both easier and less damaging for him. You can tell Trump is lying if his lips are moving or if he is tweeting.

He's a pathological liar. He'd lie if the truth was both easier and less damaging for him. You can tell Trump is lying if his lips are moving or if he is tweeting.
I’m sure he told Putin that as long as he, Donald Trump, was president, he would always have Putin’s back. He is a pathological liar. And he is also a traitor.

I’m sure he told Putin that as long as he, Donald Trump, was president, he would always have Putin’s back. He is a pathological liar. And he is also a traitor.
This makes it clear as day (if it wasn't already) that Trump has a pro Russia agenda, even if the choice is between the U.S. and Russia.

America first my ***!

This is somewhat related… It has been fascinating to watch the comments on ksl.com.

for months and months and months leading up to the election it was an extremely pro Trump place. In the last few weeks, it has completely turned on its head. People I think are starting to realize what an absolute dumb **** Trump is and how much damage he is doing to the country.

The same is true for comments on the Deseret news website as well.

There may be hope for Utah after all.

I really wonder how Trump got such a firm stranglehold on the republican party. Reading these articles they repeatedly mention that republican officials are straight up afraid of repercussions from Donald Trump. What repercussions? Did he purchase the republican party, so he can do what he wants with any republican whether he is in office or not? This is so bizarre, I just don't get it. And the blind following is mind -boggling as well. People I know and love and trust and respect just repeating these weird mantras and flat-out ignoring anything remotely bad about the guy. People that I know who understand the reality of how the vote works, and who I know for a fact recognize the security of it, are going on and on about a stolen election, and will not listen to reason. This is the real-life version of that web-generated "I don't care, Obama is awesome" ****. This is absolutely crazy. He is a fanatical cult leader with some kind of strange hypnosis generating mass hysteria among his true believer followers. I am completely flabbergasted.

I really wonder how Trump got such a firm stranglehold on the republican party. Reading these articles they repeatedly mention that republican officials are straight up afraid of repercussions from Donald Trump. What repercussions? Did he purchase the republican party, so he can do what he wants with any republican whether he is in office or not? This is so bizarre, I just don't get it. And the blind following is mind -boggling as well. People I know and love and trust and respect just repeating these weird mantras and flat-out ignoring anything remotely bad about the guy. People that I know who understand the reality of how the vote works, and who I know for a fact recognize the security of it, are going on and on about a stolen election, and will not listen to reason. This is the real-life version of that web-generated "I don't care, Obama is awesome" ****. This is absolutely crazy. He is a fanatical cult leader with some kind of strange hypnosis generating mass hysteria among his true believer followers. I am completely flabbergasted.
They’re afraid that if they lose Trump’s support then they’ll be primaried by a Trumpy candidate. They can’t win re-election if they’re defeated in a Republican primary. It’s essentially a continuation of what we saw with the tea party a few years ago. As the party moves further right, candidates must follow or else be labeled RINOs. We saw this happen first hand here in Utah. Conservative senator Bob Bennett worked with Democrats and voted for TARP. He was labeled a RINO (despite years of being among the most conservative Republicans in the Senate) and was primaried by a radical candidate and lost. Polling showed that had he won his primary, he would've won reelection in the general. This is how we got Mike Lee, Mike Lee was the radical candidate who ousted Bennett. Now Mike Lee must pledge loyalty to Trump or else risk being primaried himself. The true election for Republicans in red states are their primaries, not their generals.

There’s also the very real element of safety and fear. Republicans are receiving death threats for speaking out against Trump/not complying/losing his support. Georgia election officials, who are Republican, have received death threats for not complying with Trump’s election overturning scheme. Many Republicans just don’t want to deal with that.

Finally, the rewards of staying loyal to Trump are endless. Pardons, fundraising, and Fox News (newsmax and OANN) give you endless publicity. If you’re a Republican, why would you want to face a primary, have yourself or your family threatened, lose funding, and potentially face criminal prosecution? It’s just much easier to stay loyal to the king and avoid all those sticks. Enjoy the carrots of campaign dollars, free airtime on Fox News, stay in power, and have a president who can pardon your crimes, right? After seeing Donald's pardon spree this week it's no small wonder why Republicans are beholden to him. Manafort and Stone, who obstructed justice for Trump, are free while Gates and Cohen, who cooperated with law enforcement, are not. The lesson is pretty clear.

Last edited:
I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I'm curious what people thought about the pardoning of those Blackwater war criminals. Especially @Gameface, what do you think? I'm curious what people who have served think about this. My civilian opinion is that it's disgusting, hurts us abroad, and will make our servicepeople less safe in the long term.

I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I'm curious what people thought about the pardoning of those Blackwater war criminals. Especially @Gameface, what do you think? I'm curious what people who have served think about this. My civilian opinion is that it's disgusting, hurts us abroad, and will make our servicepeople less safe in the long term.
I was personally disgusted. And I wondered why. It was awhile ago, and as I looked into it more, and realized why they were known as “the Biden four”, then I figured that was reason enough from Trump’s warped vindictiveness....

A political fond farewell from British-Indian novelist Hari Kunzru...

"Mike Pence. you repressed joyless would-be witchfinder, every time you spoke you always looked like you were straining to expel an enormous bolus of your own hypocrisy from your clenched sphincter.
“Betsy DeVos, you blandly foolish soulless entitled child-stealing witch, rotting like a corpse inside your Chanel suit.
“Kayleigh McEnenay, you evacuated husk of a mean-girl cheerleader, the cavity where your heart once was pumped full of spite and moronic lies.
“Bill Barr, you vast pompous pus-filled bladder of casuistry, you are an enemy of justice, bloated with resentment and cruelty, wobbling like a jelly at the feet of the oligarchs.
“Jared Kushner, you vacuous dainty preening overpromoted nub of mediocrity, squeezed like an entitled smear of toothpaste into a silk suit bought with tear-stained dollars wrung out of the suffering tenants of your slum apartments.
“Ivanka Trump, you monstrous slug of vanity, you infantile ninny so marinaded in self-regard that in your pea brain you believe we ought to love you for your crimes.
“Mike Pompeo, you bubble, you booby, you flatulent zero, that roiling in your ample guts that you mistake for world shaking significance is just the acid reflux of irrelevancy.
“Don Junior, you scabrous single-nostriled unloved elephant-murdering human wreckage, vibrating with bitterness and impotent rage at all the opportunities you’ve squandered.
“Interlude: all you staffers and interns, so eager to crunch your way in your shiny new work shoes over the bodies of the poor and powerless, I smite you and cast you out one by one.
“Eric Trump, you pallid clammy suppurating nocturnal semi-human grub, your absence of charisma is your only notable trait and the act of flushing you from memory will so be smooth and painless that in a month people will find it hard to picture your moon face.
“Rudy Giuliani, you capering cartoonish skull-faced bag of graft and corruption, too stupid even to ask who’s pulling your strings just so long as you can cake your crusty face in tv make-up and clack your jaw at a camera.
“And of course Stephen Miller, you weeping pustule upon the social body, you dreg, you homunculus, you noxious slime felched from the gaping cavity of Jim Crow, one day may you find yourself walking barefoot across hot sand, desperate for water, crying for your missing child.
“With that I'll rest a while, and go to find a street corner to dance on."