What's new

Trump's Coup Attempt

The Thriller

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

both McConnell and Graham were appalled by the assault on the Capitol that was incited by Trump after a "Stop the Steal' rally with a disgusted McConnell returning later that night where he saw, "the splintered wood in the door to his Capitol suite left by marauders who had tried to break into his office and attack his staff."

Speaking with his staff, McConnell reportedly told them, "We’ve all known that Trump is crazy. I’m done with him. I will never speak to him again.”

For his part, Graham took to the floor of the Senate to lash out at the former president in a widely shared clip, where he announced, "Trump and I, we had a hell of a journey. I hate it being this way. Oh my God I hate it … but today all I can say is count me out. Enough is enough.”

However, as the book relates, Graham quickly changed his mind after a chance encounter at Reagan National Airport.

According to the book, "Two days later, Trump supporters had harassed Graham as he walked through Reagan National Airport, calling him a 'traitor.' Graham’s resolve crumbled almost immediately. By the time the House was voting to impeach the following week, he had resumed his position as captain of the president’s cheering squad. He even found Trump an impeachment trial lawyer when no one else would step forward to defend him."

Like Graham, many Senate Republicans who experienced a flash of conscience and self-reflection in the wake of the riot had it quickly beaten out of them by Trump’s base.

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner

both McConnell and Graham were appalled by the assault on the Capitol that was incited by Trump after a "Stop the Steal' rally with a disgusted McConnell returning later that night where he saw, "the splintered wood in the door to his Capitol suite left by marauders who had tried to break into his office and attack his staff."

Speaking with his staff, McConnell reportedly told them, "We’ve all known that Trump is crazy. I’m done with him. I will never speak to him again.”

For his part, Graham took to the floor of the Senate to lash out at the former president in a widely shared clip, where he announced, "Trump and I, we had a hell of a journey. I hate it being this way. Oh my God I hate it … but today all I can say is count me out. Enough is enough.”

However, as the book relates, Graham quickly changed his mind after a chance encounter at Reagan National Airport.

According to the book, "Two days later, Trump supporters had harassed Graham as he walked through Reagan National Airport, calling him a 'traitor.' Graham’s resolve crumbled almost immediately. By the time the House was voting to impeach the following week, he had resumed his position as captain of the president’s cheering squad. He even found Trump an impeachment trial lawyer when no one else would step forward to defend him."

Like Graham, many Senate Republicans who experienced a flash of conscience and self-reflection in the wake of the riot had it quickly beaten out of them by Trump’s base.

We get the politicians we deserve. You arseholes deserve these spineless, corrupt, dog whistling, racist, woman hating pricks. The whole republican party is a monstrosity.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Didnt know where to put this one but its mind boggling.

House Republican leaders on Friday unveiled their “Commitment to America” agenda for 2023 ― and with it, an inspirational video full of scenes presented as exceptional imagery of America that were actually stock footage from Russia and Ukraine.

House Republicans used stock footage of a drilling rig in Russia in their video celebrating their vision for America in 2023.

Here is a boy holding a toy airplane who appears in a video from House Republicans celebrating American exceptionalism. This boy was actually filmed in Russia.

The video from House Republicans also featured this woman walking through a European grocery store.

I doubt this was a mistake. The GOP and putin are just becoming more aligned in their vision for america.

HuffPost reached out to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) for comment as to why GOP leaders rolled out their plan for America with a video featuring stock footage from Russia.

“Interesting how you guys aren’t remotely interested on the issues facing the American people in the video,” responded McCarthy spokesman Mark Bednar.

Also interesting how you dont even say it was a mistake, kevin.

Ah, brilliant. This magnificent vision of a greater country is brought to you by your comrades in the GOP. Make Rodina Great.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app