What's new

Ultimate Tank Trade Master Plan

Rate the Trades

• Total voters
When it says "failed because consecutive years" just assume we are doing the trade on draft day with the team picking for us, then trading the player, not the pick.

Total Gained Assets:
8 first round picks
5 second round picks
Cam Reddish
Donte Divincenzo
PJ Washington
Richaun Holmes
Grayson Allen

Expiring Salary:
Russell Westbrook
Kemba Walker
Taj Gibson
Eric Bledsoe

Players Out:
Everyone you have loved for the last 5 years

Projected 2022-2023 Depth Chart (not including drafted players in 2022 draft)

Westbrook/Butler/Bledose/Walker
Divincenzo/Allen/NAW
Reddish
Washington/Gay
Holmes/Gibson

You then rehab Russ's value. He somehow turns back the clock and goes hard as ****, convincing some team to trade for him mid-season.

Then Utah turns on the tank in the 2nd half of the season and finishes in the bottom 10.

I like it overall, that team seems like they could compete for a top 4 pick.

I think we could get better assets for Mike, but maybe not.

I would be shocked.

I think Royce is a solidly a two 2nd round picks guy.

But maybe there is somewhere better we could trade him to that could give us better 2nd round picks idk.

Yeah, probably. It always seems like there are some crazy deals at the deadline though. Teams wanting to make a push for the playoffs will often overpay.

Ideally we would get some guys with more potential than what we are getting in these packages. The only guy that seems like a long term keeper is maybe Washington.

Ideally we would get some guys with more potential than what we are getting in these packages. The only guy that seems like a long term keeper is maybe Washington.
I mean the Jazz would have 3 top 15 picks this year. The idea is to actually tank. I would honestly rather get back less talent and more picks, but you can't get all picks obviously.

Unprotected picks from teh KANGZZZ isnt enough for you?

ANd yeah, I could see the Kings being pretty damn good next year with this trade, but that 2025 pick???? That could be gold.
I think if we moved Donovan and Rudy you could net 3 top 10 picks this year and load up a few extras for the future.

The. You move Mike, Bogey, Toyce in an LA deal but nab Russ, THT, and Nunn… and get two unprotected firsts… you waive and stretch Russ to get under the tax… the hit takes 2 additional years but we will end up having more cap space than we can meaningfully use. That way we don’t suck value out of trades to drop salary this year.

Load up with premium picks this year and get a couple extras… tank for a couple years and we will be setup better than we have in the last 15-20 years.

Unprotected picks from teh KANGZZZ isnt enough for you?

ANd yeah, I could see the Kings being pretty damn good next year with this trade, but that 2025 pick???? That could be gold.
Kangz gonna Kang homie… same with the Knicks.