What's new

Uta vs. Hou: Game 2 off/def strategy change up?

I'm ashamed to say I didnt watch the game last night. I had a project start extremely early the next morning and turned the game off and went to sleep after the first 4 turnovers.

This **** is starting to feel like the Dwill/Booze era Jazz vs the Lakers in the 00's.

That is exactly what it feels like.

This is being overly optimistic. Did you forget how the Rockets beat us on our home court last year in the playoffs. Some Jazz fans just think going home will solve the issues of us not scoring or defending them. The Jazz are very flawed and Houston might be the worse match up for them. It seems to me that the Jazz don't believe they can beat the Rockets which is part of the problem.

I never said it would solve all of our problems by going home. But playing at home is an advantage due to the players being more comfortable and having the crowd as well. We can and should beat them at home.

We need to play the PnR more with Favs and Joe. It was working great at the end of the year. Time to go back to our normal defense and see if we can't play better.

That is exactly what it feels like.

Agreed. To me, the one cure all for **** like that is insane scoring/athleticism. We are limited. Getting a guy who can score almost at will due to sick natural scoring/shooting/athleticism fixes that. Zach Lavine comes to mind.

Doubt he’s gettable, especially with our crap assets but he’s sort of what we need.

I’ll throw a name out there who could maybe be gettable imo. I’m not saying I’d def want him, but on the highest price we could go on a 1+1, which he might do, he might make too much sense and I think we’d have to do it.

Jimmy Butler.

I don’t see him staying in Philly. If they re-up/max someone it’s Harris imo. I don’t think they do both. And I don’t think the Lakers would get him but maybe I’m wrong because they couldn’t get anyone else. I don’t know. He’s a pita and a team killer it seems but maybe the timing would be right as he almost hits 30. Maybe his constant changes in scenery would be a wake up call to his ego. I don’t know. Maybe his price tag would prohibit us from getting any sort of decent point guard.

I never said it would solve all of our problems by going home. But playing at home is an advantage due to the players being more comfortable and having the crowd as well. We can and should beat them at home.
of course we can win at home. I agree that teams generally play better at home. I am just saying it isn't a guarantee they will. Why should they win at home? Houston came in and cleaned our clocks at home too. I think the Jazz have a better chance to win at home but they are going to need to play a lot better to do so.