What's new

Uta vs. Hou: Game 2 off/def strategy change up?

IINM, Larry H. killed a couple of trades involving AK. The last time would have given Utah salary relief one year sooner. I remember KOC being livid when the trade details were leaked (it was before the season began) and then the deal fell apart. I want to say it was AK for Marion's expiring, but I could be wrong.

Lol Marion, the guy that shot from his chest like kids do.

When were we ever swept by the Kings? In my years of watching the jazz we beat them 3-2 in '99. Lost 3-1 in '02 and lost 4-1 in '03.

Who are all these guys that show up at the end of the year and just bash our team??

Good luck with Wilson. Talk about overrated and over paid.
I've been a jazz fan for 30 years.. had season tickets for 12 years. I'm allowed to criticize this piss poor showing. Wilson gave my hawks a championship. I don't care if we don't win another under Wilson's tenure. That's something I can't say for any jazz player ever.

I've been saying this for quite awhile now, and have been blasted for it. But I wouldn't put Snyder on the watch list just yet...unless it were revealed he's the one who has ultimate say on the draft picks and F/A signings. You can only coach the players you've been given. And Lindsey hasn't helped him much. Sure, Gobert (which he only gets part credit for), Donovan and Joe. But nothing of note outside of that. DL has wasted pick after pick and not signed any FA's.

Local media won't criticize. They're all owned or controlled by the team.

Obviously you don't listen to 1280 or follow Andy Larsen or Tony Jones or Ben Anderson. Not one single person has had anything positive to say.

I've been a jazz fan for 30 years.. had season tickets for 12 years. I'm allowed to criticize this piss poor showing. Wilson gave my hawks a championship. I don't care if we don't win another under Wilson's tenure. That's something I can't say for any jazz player ever.

I'm sure you're just a bandwagon Hawks fan like the rest of them.

I never heard that. Sucks if real

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I doubt that Cuban ever said that. Dirk was an institution. Dallas would have never traded him.

As for the playoffs, the Jazz were never competitive against the Lakers in the DWill era. But even when the Lakers swept them, they were much closer scores.

Here’s an odd question.

Have the jazz ever been less competitive in a series?

I’m trying to remember when we’ve been swept before. Last time we were swept was in the first round with Big Al against the spurs, right? But I remember in that series we weren’t losing by 20+.

I remember the last time S2M played, we were swept by the Kings. But I don’t recall losing this bad.

And before that maybe once against the Lakers or Warriors? It’s hazy since I think you’d have to go back to the early 90s late 80s.

So the question I’ve got is, have we ever been less competitive in a series? If losing by 20+ in a sweep doesn’t wake up management, what will? Right now this is the worst playoff series of all, BY FAR.

From 1984 to 2009, the Jazz was never swept in a seven-game series. Since 2010, they've been swept three times and very well could be looking at their fourth.

The problem the Jazz find themselves in the last few seasons is that, while they might be good enough to win a first-round series against an equal-ish team, they've been complete *** in series where they actually lose. There's losing, and playing tough, leaving it all out on the court, and then there's getting absolutely humiliated.

0-4 against the Lakers in 2010
0-4 against the Spurs in 2012
0-4 against the Warriors in 2017
1-4 against the Rockets in 2018
0-2 against the Rockets in 2019

That's 1-18 so far in potential season-ending series. Pitiful.

Tony and Andy are the cream of the crop.
???

They are ok. But, they feed fans full of poo poo all the time. Sorry. They are on Twitter enabling this garbage. Then things get real and the gimmicks fall apart. Korver doesn't work. Ingles doesn't work. Meanwhile, the rest of the time they are preaching stretch garbage. Can't stretch if you can't do anything else these one dimensional players.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

I doubt that Cuban ever said that. Dirk was an institution. Dallas would have never traded him.

As for the playoffs, the Jazz were never competitive against the Lakers in the DWill era. But even when the Lakers swept them, they were much closer scores.

The last time the Jazz was competitive in a non-first round series was against the Lakers in 2008. They lost 4-2 but put up a lot of effort, especially on the road (they showed up in those games). The Jazz was eliminated in game six after falling behind by a huge margin, but making a massive comeback, only to have Memo miss a three as time expired that would've tied the game.

The average score for that series?

LA: 110
Utah: 107